Extra Gutter

imchud

We all have gutters (i think) that run the length of the campers roof line. What i just noticed on my 2009 3385 B/H is I also have a gutter located just above the small slide (Entertainment Center slide) on the door side of the camper:confused:. Now on the Driver side we have two more slides, Bedroom and Livingroom and neither of them have a seperate gutter:confused: - IF the reasoning for the seperate gutter is to help divert water run off from the top of that slide then why not have them on the other two slides???

Tommy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sounds a little odd to have a "secondary" gutter below the main one. If the main gets blocked and overflows, the secondary won't catch much of it. The main gutter diverts run-off from the roof. The rain hitting the sides is on its own.

imchud

Sounds a little odd to have a "secondary" gutter below the main one. If the main gets blocked and overflows, the secondary won't catch much of it. The main gutter diverts run-off from the roof. The rain hitting the sides is on its own.

I know, It's strange...

jimtoo

I have the same thing on my 08 3055.. and I have seen other units that have the slide toppers. I think the distance above the slides on the OD side makes the difference about the way a slide topper works. But who am I to decide or make a decision like that. Just my observation of other units. :D

Jim M

"And 1 more (Girl) due Oct 16th @ 11:00 AM"

Wow,,, you do everything by the calender and clock, nothing spur of the moment,,,, or maybe pain??? :D

imchud

I have the same thing on my 08 3055.. and I have seen other units that have the slide toppers. I think the distance above the slides on the OD side makes the difference about the way a slide topper works. But who am I to decide or make a decision like that. Just my observation of other units. :D

Jim M

"And 1 more (Girl) due Oct 16th @ 11:00 AM"

Wow,,, you do everything by the calender and clock, nothing spur of the moment,,,, or maybe pain??? :D

Thats what a "C" Section will do for you...

jbeletti

From Production at LM/BH/BC plant:

These extra gutters are placed above the slide room when the RV is ordered "without" slide topper awnings. This is just another line of defense.

Jim

jbeletti

OK - more info for production:

It is there to channel more water away that shoots off the rolled up patio awning and onto the slide while you are traveling in rain.

Perhaps some analysis was done that found this steady stream of water channeling. Not sure if it can pass by seals or what. I understand this change has been discontinued but one plant is still adding it. It may also roll off in that plant at some point as well.

Jim

Duramax1

My Sundance, with three slides, does not have any extra gutters.

While walking through rv campgrounds I have noticed that most brands, other than Heartland, do have the extra gutters regardless of whether the unit has slide toppers or not.

imchud

None on mine, and we had the toppers added by the dealer.

Mine is in the shop (as we type) getting some minor fixes done that poped up over the summer, with one major one, we are adding 3 toppers. We had a fair amount of water come in the unit from the top of the main slide a few weeks ago, which did not make momma a happy camper, and we all know if momma's not happy, then nobody is happy:D:D.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine is in the shop (as we type) getting some minor fixes done that poped up over the summer, with one major one, we are adding 3 toppers. We had a fair amount of water come in the unit from the top of the main slide a few weeks ago, which did not make momma a happy camper, and we all know if momma's not happy, then nobody is happy:D:D.

Mine's in the shop, too. Getting/got the electric awning finally repaired, the bedroom floor warpage fixed, some trim reattached, a screen replaced, a small hole in the roof membrane patched (dead branch fell on it, I think), main slide adjusted a tad, bearings repacked, winterization, and a full length window awning on the main slide.