Why is TV in the Bedroom Better??

SilverRhino

While on our last trip.......we were connected to the RV Park's cable. Everything seemed to be working fine......then we discovered that the CBS station would not come in on the living area tv. We got a very fuzzy picture and no sound. :(

I went to the bedroom and hooked up an old portable to the cable outlet.......CBS station came in clear with good sound! :eek:

What would cause this?? All the other stations came in fine on both tvs except for this one.

timdebs

We had same situation, come to find out one of the cable ends were not crimped correctly. We pulled cable end off with a little tug, got new cable end and crimp it on, now both tv's works great.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Short of having a bad tuner on the TV I would also first check the connector on the end of the cable. Betcha it is bad or poorly connected.

rick_debbie_gallant

Looked at mine the other day and let me just say that is one area that need tweaking, "alot". With the wire shield sticking out everywhere, just not a pro job. I dont know if someone makes these cables up ahead of time or while they are being put in. I would almost be worth it to buy premade lengths of cable in bulk to use rather than to for someone at heartland to make them.

SilverRhino

Thanks for the Input....But????

Thanks to everyone for their input! I had thought of the cable ends......but.....I thought if that were the problem it would show up on all channels not just one or two. If the connections are poor.....why doesn't it effect all the channels?? How can some be clear and strong while others don't come in at all or very poorly??

I'm just curious......like to know how things work :eek:

Last edited:

timdebs

That part I can not answer, but when I replaced the cable ends all the channels are working great on both tv's.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It has to do with the frequency response of each of the channels. Some frequencies pass more easily than others. I could never completely understand when I was working on TVs either. Sometimes every channel but one or two would work fine. Just weird.

PSF513

Another issue might have been that you had the amplifier turned on. We hooked up to cable and forgot to shut the amp down. We got terrible reception until we did shut it down.