2011 upgrades

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
1. Add another entry light beside the rear toybox entry door.
2. Aluminum fenders vs the polycarbonate fenders
3. Heat ducts in the garage

We love our 2010 3950..........great unit! Keep up the great work Heartland....you guys are way ahead of the competition.

porthole

Retired
Wire the rear flood lights to teh back up circuit.

That is only list to things to do.

And switch the two garage vents - having a vent that is hit by the door when opening makes no sense.

Left side forward and high, right rearward and low.

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
And one other major item......hydraulic front landing jacks or at least a seperate motor for each landing gear.

Mike Aplin

That is a great suggestion. We will be looking into that. Thank you for being part of the family!! Mike

mdhill

All in all we love our 3850. We have had a few issues but expected with
a new RV. A few changes or upgrades would be...

1) Fix the fresh water tank problem with inability to drain tanks.
2) we would be willing to give up about 6 inches of garage and apply
3 inches more to each side of the bed. Very hard to get between bed
and closet or get to either side to make the bed.
3) Move vacuum port in storage area to door side near plug.
4) Would be great to have the rear flood lights come on with back up
lights as stated.
5) Small shelves in bedroom slide under side windows so could sit a clock
or glass of water,etc.
6) Power plug in dinette slide. (120 volt)
7) Move switch for power awnings to door opening so could better watch
for problems opening or closing awnings .
8) A little wider dresser in bedroom for more storage.
9) notch the counter a little bit so fridge door opens when slide is in.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
3) Move vacuum port in storage area to door side near plug.

5) Small shelves in bedroom slide under side windows so could sit a clock
or glass of water,etc.

6) Power plug in dinette slide. (120 volt)

7) Move switch for power awnings to door opening so could better watch
for problems opening or closing awnings

I did each of these so far, see my thread at
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=11365&highlight=so+it+begins

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your suggestions, we will certainly take a look at these requests. Take care, Mike

sji66

My 2010 3812 doesn't have a light switch in the washroom and my 7 yearold can't turn the light on without help from me. It should have a light switch. It should also have a switch just inside the door for the main lights. Thanks

Mike Aplin

We are currently looking at several of these postes product suggestions for the upcoming model year. Thank you very much for the positive suggestions. Mike

Riverman

Those sound like excellent update ideas...might as well incorporate those while building ours also:p
Wow looks like there is gonna be a convoy of cyclones in Canada

smday

Riverman, You picking yours up or having it delivered. We decided to pick it up that way we can do the pdi at the dealer and they can fix the problems before we leave. Also going to take it to MOR-ryde for the disc brakes and possible idependant suspension.

Riverman

Fortunately for us, we were able to find a Canadian dealer willing to play hardball against the American dealers. Works great for us as it is only a 4 hour drive to the dealer so we are hoping we will end up with excellent warranty service from them in the future. Most dealers tend to push you to the back of the line when you bought it somewhere else & just want to use them for the warranty work.

smday

That's great Riverman. Wish i would have found them too. Would save me 5 days of total driving to go pick mine up. Who am i kidding i like driving and seeing all the country side. But the warranty issuse still make me worried. Knock on wood i don't have to worry about any.

tmax264

I have the 3812 some of the things I would like on mine would be outside lights on all 4 corners of the unit. The entertainment center needs to be deeper to have a place to add a satellite dish receiver or other items now it sit on one of the stools in front of the entrance to the bedroom (we go thru the bathroom to get to the bedroom), a electric outlet on the entertainment center to plug in the heater and everything others have mentioned.

tcbrady

tmax264 - thanks for the feedback. We are working a solution for your comments. We take all the comments on the forum seriously and make improvements to the product because of people like you.

thanks again, Coley

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Message to Coley

Thanks for taking the time to review our suggestions and comments. Heartland will remain well ahead of the competition if this attitude echos down from the top.

Excellent...........:D

jgdds

Additional outlet in the kitchen

My 3850 only came with two outlets in the kitchen, both on the dinette side of the island. So, I would recommend an outlet up under the cabinet near the sink. Right now, the only place for me to plug in my coffee maker is also a great place to drag the whole thing off the counter by the plug.

I am looking at an undercabinet mount coffee maker and will see about wiring an additional outlet in the wall/cabinet near the sink.

Thoughts?

caissiel

Our Canadian money is good now, the dealers are making a ton on these units at the moment. I got a great deal on my unit here in NB because the money was great when it was imported to Canada, before we had the drop last year.