First Time 5er

just bob

We are looking to buy our 1st rv. We have looked at a Bighorn 2925RK and another dealer near us has a Sundance( model unkown) that just came in but we have not seen it yet. Would like any input on differences in Bighorn vs Sundance. We will be getting a new truck to tow whatever we buy so any suggestions on tow vehicles would also be appreciated.
I applogize in advance for any dumb questions I may be asking. We are brand new at this but have been talking about it for 15 years and decided we're not getting any younger, so lets just do it.
Also have questions on prices - what kind of dealer markup is typical?

jpmorgan37

Just Bob;

I won't comment on the different model's because that is such a personal choice, but as far as dealers go, RV's for Less in Knoxville,TN will be hard to beat on price, service and honesty. Check out their web site: http://www.RVsforless.net I drove 1000 miles to buy from them and have no regrets. As far as tow vehicles go, I pull with a 3/4 ton GMC HD Diesel-Allison and it works great but I am also over my TV GVWR by 1400 pounds. By installing Firestone Air Ride and upgrading my tires to G rated, I am close to where I should be. That being said, you are looking at a lighter coach than I am pulling and should be fine with a 3/4 ton but I still recommend the Diesel power. JMHO.

John

Last edited:

Trap

Just Bob if you are in the process of buying a TV I would definitely look at the SRW 1-tons. The difference in price isn't that much, and you'll never complain about have to much truck. The Sundance line are a little more plain jane than the Bighorns and seem to be more family friendly than the bighorns. Some of the Sundance come with bunks and lower price Tag. While the bighorns lean towards couples with more comforts and amenities.

TrapNone