PDA

View Full Version : 5th wheel RV cover - which is best

porthole
10-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Already did a search ........

I'd like to buy one cover and spend the money once for a good cover.

Living in the Northeast, so something that will stand up to harsh winter.

Ideally I am looking for ht best one made - brand etc.

This will be for our Cyclone, which is 36' long, excluding the pin box.

A toy hauler cover is not necessary, as we do not need access to the garage lift gate. It's up against a fence anyway.

Experience?
Best brand?
Best model?
Best place to buy/price?

2010augusta
10-05-2009, 12:20 PM
The best product is a steel building or carport. It will last many years longer than any cover and not mare the finish on the RV.

jmgratz
10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't use a cover for the RV but have for boats. I have never had a cover (cheap or expensive) that would hold up for more than two seasons. The humidity, heat, cold and rain would deteriorate them.

porthole
10-06-2009, 10:00 AM
The best product is a steel building or carport. It will last many years longer than any cover and not mare the finish on the RV.

I don't use a cover for the RV but have for boats. I have never had a cover (cheap or expensive) that would hold up for more than two seasons. The humidity, heat, cold and rain would deteriorate them.

Guess I need to clarify exactly what kind of cover I am looking for :cool:

I live on 1/2 acre, our house is a ranch style with a relatively large footprint for the square footage. I am at maximum allowed ground coverage (24%) thanks to the size of the house, shed and the driveway.
I am near maximum structure coverage (only 130 square feet to go to reach 14%).

And we are only allowed one additional structure (max of 180 square feet), e.g. shed.

So the car port - RV shed is out of the question.

My previous trailer came with a cover that was already 3 years old when we got it. I used the cover for another 2 seasons before I gave it the buyer of our TT.

It had a tear or two but for the most part it did a good job of keeping the trailer relatively clean, especially since I am surrounded with trees - the messy types - oaks and maples.

Just looking for the best quality fabric cover. Tried searching the net but could find and comparison or testing.

ziggy
10-06-2009, 11:46 PM
CalMark. Has held up in the cold rain and snow for two winters in Oregon so far with no wear showing.
Kristy