PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Rodanthe * - 4/30/2010 to 05/02/2010

Pages : [1] 2

boatto5er
10-05-2009, 11:42 AM
24294 NC 12, Waves, NC 27982

2010 EASTERN REGION HEARTLAND RALLY

Venue:
------------------------------

Camp Hatteras Campground
24798 Highway 12
Rodanthe, NC 27968
Reservation Contact: Merrin Alderman
(252) 987-2777
www.camphatteras.com (http://www.camphatteras.com)
Pets ok?: Yes - No Fee
WiFi available: Yes - Free

Details:

Number of sites held: 50
Site fee: $45 per night (good for up to a seven day stay).
Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
Non-Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
Potluck: Partial - meals will be provided Fri and Sat night and Sat morning (Sunday evening Potluck for late departees)

Event Leader: boat to 5er (click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=4529)

Rally Image Gallery:
Click here to view the rally pictures
(//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=39452%3fg2_GALLERYSID=4337868e9 9751983156e7120d548e625)

Additional Info:
** NOTE: The address in the above map is not the mailing address for the park, but was required for the map to display correctly and should work to get you to the location.

Merrin is available from 8:30 to 4:00 except on Thursday and Friday. Also, be sure to get a site # and post your site and anticipated arrival and departure dates (early arrivals and late departures are welcome) on this forum thread. Those dates are important so we will have an understanding of how many will be present on any given day so we can plan (or at least consider) optional activities. This was the site of the Virginia Chapter 2009 Fall Rally and is a terrific venue. All sites are back-ins and include water, 30/50amp electric, sewer, 99 channel cable TV, and great Wi-Fi service.

Join us for fun, food, informative seminars, comraderie, and goodies. All attendees will receive a Heartland Owners Club Rally T-Shirt, a Heartland Mug, a Heartland Hat, and 2 Heartland Keychains (Contact Dave Yocum: day881@hughes.net to order your T-Shirt). There will also be multiple door prizes at both Friday and Saturday night dinners. Prizes include a 10 unit Tire Pressure monitoring system courtesy of Truck Systems Technology, a $35 gift certificate to the Camp Hatteras gift shop, Heartland Owners Club Flags, and many others. A big thanks goes out to the Heartland Owners Club, Truck Systems Technology, Chesapeake RV Solutions, Camp Hatteras, the National Park Service, and the many volunteers working to make this rally a big success.

Area Attractions:

Okracoke Island (http://www.ocracokeisland.com (http://www.ocracokeisland.com/))
Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and National Seashore (http://www.nps.gov/caha/index.htm)
Nags Head (http://www.nags-head.com (http://www.nags-head.com/))
Kitty Hawk (http://www.nps.gov/wrbr/index.htm)

Jim & Harriet
10-05-2009, 12:52 PM
hi Gus,
It was a great place / rally, but does this mean that Jim, Max and I will not be able to have our ocean-view site? Was that considered "premier?" I am disappointed...:(

timdebs
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Debbie and I just booked we are site #378. Debbie B. hope you don't mind us being your neighbors.

boatto5er
10-05-2009, 01:11 PM
hi Gus,
It was a great place / rally, but does this mean that Jim, Max and I will not be able to have our ocean-view site? Was that considered "premier?" I am disappointed...:(

Sorry, we have fewer waterfront (premier) sites available than we did for the fall rally. Since this is a multi-state sponsored rally, I had to make a few concessions for Chapter Leaders, etc.

dbylinski
10-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Tim that's great and we would be honored to be your neighbor. Who wouldn't want to be parked next to that beautiful Landmark? But we are in 382. I called to reconfirm my site number after your post because I thought I had it wrong.

PSF513
10-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Well, its official. The rally has started to fill up and go down hill. Deb & I have reserved site 381 so let the party begin (GUS: Don't forget the lobsters again this year):angel:

boatto5er
10-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Well, its official. The rally has started to fill up and go down hill. Deb & I have reserved site 381 so let the party begin (GUS: Don't forget the lobsters again this year):angel:

I was hoping that would slide right by...oh well, welcome back Pete!

trdeal
10-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Site 377,same as this year. coming in on Thursday.Good site

camperjohn08
10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Just made a call and our site they gave us is #323.... We will arrive thursday 29 April and leave Monday 3 May 2010.... Hopefully the site will still be our's when we arrive??.

John & Nancy Latham

HOC # 1301

Correction.....We are now in Site 325... Was given the wrong site last night... Our Revised Arrivial and departure dates are as follows:
Arrive Wed 28 April ..Depart Monday 3 May 2010... (I made these changes today..14 Oct 2009)
John

Flying Dutchman
10-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Another rally!! Ya Hooo!
Just made reservations. We are in site #379 arriving Wednesday 4/28. This will be the best rally ever (at least in the month of April:D). Looking forward to seeing "all yawl" real soon.:cool:

boatto5er
10-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Well everyone - the campground is REALLY messing up. They are assigning the waterfront sites that they shouldn't be assigning. As a matter of fact, they put Pete Fortin on the same site with me! (OK Larry and Keith, you can start making the jokes now). Hope no one gets too upset, but I have to call the campground tomorrow and try to straighten this out. Guess that's why they pay me the big bucks (wait - they don't pay me:eek:!) Please hold off calling in for site assignments until I get this straightened out on Tuesday.

boatto5er
10-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I have spoken with the campground and they are ready to start taking reservations again. AT THIS TIME, THERE ARE NO MORE WATERFRONT SITES AVAILABLE :(, SORRY. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused a few folks. When you call for reservations, ask to speak to Merrin, the rally coordinator. Merrin works 8:30 - 4:00 daily, except for Thursday and Friday, her days off. NOTE: This week only (Oct 5-10) she is off Wednesday and Thursday. The other staff are so excited to have people making reservations during this slow time of the year that they don't always check all the notes in their reservation system. I will be individually contacting those who have already called in if we had to make site assignment changes for them.

Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Gus

fordtech 2008
10-06-2009, 10:09 AM
ok just made reservations we will be on site 390. we will be there on april 30 and leave may 3.

Hudson
10-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Yup, ... just got off the phone with the very sweet Merrin ... We'll be parked in "our spot" -- the same spot we just had, #379, right next to the new NC chapter leaders. Boy am I glad to be next to you guys. I want a rally in the NC mountains and now that you've got that territory, I gotta talk y'all into a pig munchin' rally! In fact weren't you wearing an ASU shirt as you were packing up to leave?

kwolbeck
10-06-2009, 10:24 AM
We will be on site 386. As currently scheduled, we will pull in on 27 April and stay through 3 May. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and introducing ourselves to those we haven't had the pleasure of meeting. If this rally is any comparison to the Virginia fall rally, it won't be one to miss.

Kevin

PSF513
10-06-2009, 07:23 PM
I asked for Merrin and she had left. The guy claimed to find the info and said that 381 was available. NOW WHAT?

timdebs
10-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Hudson, same here. trdeal lives up in the mountains and said they would be glad to help finding a campground in the mountains. I have a pig cooker so could very easily turn a "pig pickin" into a "pig munchin", never heard it called that before.

Hudson
10-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I asked for Merrin and she had left. The guy claimed to find the info and said that 381 was available. NOW WHAT?

Whoever was "the guy" gave you a spot (#381) that was already assigned to someone else (a chapter leader whose reservation was entered before the rally was announced). Since "the guy" made that mistake for several people, Gus had to call Merrin this morning and get everyone who was accidentally booked onto "already taken" sites moved onto other sites. From what I understand, Gus and Merrin have finished this migration and the campground records are up-to-date.

You can ask Gus if he knows which site you got moved onto or you can call the campground back and ask them which site you got moved onto.

Ummm, of course, I'm not the wagonmaster for this particular rally so I don't speak officially for them. Officially, the handling of the campground, camp sites, and reservations is Gus' bag. I'm just speaking from what I've heard and how things happened with this campground for the East Coast Luau.

boatto5er
10-06-2009, 08:40 PM
OK - I think all is corrected on site assignments and the campground and I and all involved are in sync. This was not a pleasant, or easy, situation to get corrected and I unfortunately stepped on some toes:(, including my own, and hope that all is forgiven now.

On a very positive note, I confirmed this evening that Jim Beletti, the National Heartland Owners Club President will be at the rally!:D Thanks Jim!

Hudson
10-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Hudson, same here. trdeal lives up in the mountains and said they would be glad to help finding a campground in the mountains.
Turns out I'm kin to trdeal's wife I just found out ... so that would make the next rally like a family reunion maybe?

I have a pig cooker so could very easily turn a "pig pickin" into a "pig munchin", never heard it called that before.Is having a pig cooker a requirement for being the NC chapter's leader? I think it ought to be.

I had a good friend who attended ASU. He and his buddies used the term "pig munchin" for two different things: either an event full of barbecue, but not a whole cooked pig, or an event that had a whole cooked pig, plus lots of other pig products too (mostly other people's boston butts cooked up).

BTW, I was so happy to see all the cooked pork at the East Coast Luau ... y'all North Carolinians sure know how to make a pig taste like heaven...

mjatwalker
10-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Michael and I are booked for the rally in site 324. We will be arriving on April 27th leaving Monday, May 3rd. Can't wait.

trdeal
10-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Turns out I'm kin to trdeal's wife I just found out ... so that would make the next rally like a family reunion maybe?
Is having a pig cooker a requirement for being the NC chapter's leader? I think it ought to be.

I had a good friend who attended ASU. He and his buddies used the term "pig munchin" for two different things: either an event full of barbecue, but not a whole cooked pig, or an event that had a whole cooked pig, plus lots of other pig products too (mostly other people's boston butts cooked up).

BTW, I was so happy to see all the cooked pork at the East Coast Luau ... y'all North Carolinians sure know how to make a pig taste like heaven...
Hey Hudson,My wife was trying to keep the fact that you guys are cousins a secret.Well i guess the pig is out of the bag now.Off course I am just kidding.It is always good to find out you have family you didn"t know about.

timdebs
10-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Hudson if you are not wagon master for the Spring Rally, who is?

boatto5er
10-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Hudson if you are not wagon master for the Spring Rally, who is?

That would be me, with a lot of able assistance from the other Chapter Leaders (e.g., you, Deb, and Larry).:)

Jim-n-Leslie
10-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Leslie and I are set for the rally. We have site 395 reserved as we did in the Fall. We will be arriving Wednesday, 28 April and departing on Sunday, 2 May. We look forward to the coordination for this Rally and getting together again in the Spring. :D
Take Care!
Jim

timdebs
10-07-2009, 10:11 AM
That would be me, with a lot of able assistance from the other Chapter Leaders (e.g., you, Deb, and Larry).:)
At least your wagon train is getting longer.

jbeletti
10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I'll be heading to this rally from the SC rally. I just made my reservations for 4 nights. I will be in site 323. I arrive 4/28 and depart 5/2.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Jim

SouthernNights
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/piratevader1/scratchead.gif Huh??? what??? what just happened????:eek:

mjatwalker
10-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I'll be heading to this rally from the SC rally. I just made my reservations for 4 nights. I will be in site 323. I arrive 4/28 and depart 5/2.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Jim

Thats a nice site. We were there for the fall rally. Ann and I will be next door in 324.

Mike

jbeletti
10-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Thats a nice site. We were there for the fall rally. Ann and I will be next door in 324.

Mike

Cool - neighbor :)

jbeletti
10-07-2009, 11:39 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/piratevader1/scratchead.gif Huh??? what??? what just happened????:eek:

Aren't you getting used to being volunteered by now Larry? Guess you made the mistake of being friendly, helpful and easily approachable at the SC rally :eek:

Service to others is a wonderful feeling :D Usually ;)

mjatwalker
10-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Larry can't help it he was just made that way.

dbylinski
10-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey Larry, You know what happens if you sit under a bird for too long!:D:eek::D

boatto5er
10-07-2009, 01:38 PM

Ahhhh, the joys of Chapter Leadership!!!!:D

mjatwalker
10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
And you do it so well!!!

timdebs
10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Larry I feel your pain, (NOT) I believe YOU and JP did the same thing to me Saturday night at Willow Tree. What goes around come around. At least we are in together :)

boatto5er
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Just in case you were wondering (or even if you weren't:p) - we now have 18 rigs signed up for this rally!:D We have at least one each from VA, NC, SC, MD, NJ, IL, and OH. Come on PA and NY - get busy! How about it GA, TN?

mjatwalker
10-07-2009, 02:54 PM
We might end up with rigs on the ocean side also.

boatto5er
10-07-2009, 02:59 PM
We might end up with rigs on the ocean side also.

That's where the "BAD" boys and girls will go! :rolleyes:

JWalker
10-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Change the dates of the rally and we will be there! (PA member) Its kind of hard to pull my daughter out of school. I guess I could call the Rally an "Educational Trip"

We are looking at attending the Pa Rally and maybe the Ohio Rally. Both during the summer.

SouthernNights
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Larry I feel your pain, (NOT) I believe YOU and JP did the same thing to me Saturday night at Willow Tree. What goes around come around. At least we are in together :)

I can neither confirm nor deny this unsubstantiated statement.:rolleyes:

boatto5er
10-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Change the dates of the rally and we will be there! (PA member) Its kind of hard to pull my daughter out of school. I guess I could call the Rally an "Educational Trip"

We are looking at attending the Pa Rally and maybe the Ohio Rally. Both during the summer.

Just stop at Kitty Hawk on the way in. What could be more educational that exploring the birthplace of aviation?

tomj
10-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Gus - The campground at Hatteras assigned us to site #407, arriving from S.C. rally on 4/29. Let us know if we were "moved" to another site. Glad you are coming to SC.

Louise Burton
10-09-2009, 10:58 AM
We ( Mark and Lucia) have been assigned site 388, are coming on 4/28 and leaving 5/3. We just purchased our Landmark 6 months ago - this will be our first rally - looking forward to meeting everyone.

boatto5er
10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
We ( Mark and Lucia) have been assigned site 388, are coming on 4/28 and leaving 5/3. We just purchased our Landmark 6 months ago - this will be our first rally - looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mark and Lucia, Welcome! Glad you got signed up. We look forward to meeting you. You'll find that this is a great group of people, and the "stuff" you learn from fellow Heartlanders at a rally is invaluable.

Gus

dbylinski
10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey Gus, I see you're hard at work at your desk too!:D

boatto5er
10-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey Gus, I see you're hard at work at your desk too!:D

Lunch Time!!:angel::p

bill40
10-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi Gus,
Jer and I just booked site # 409 coming in Thursday.:)

boatto5er
10-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Gus,
Jer and I just booked site # 409 coming in Thursday.:)

That's terrific Bill! We look forward to seeing ya'll again. You make 20 rigs so far. (And I promise not to say anything about Chevys)

Gus

camperjohn08
10-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey... I got a Chevy : o )) Did you know today I toured the same Big Country we had at the Fall Rally... ( The Gray painted one) Tim had it parked at the Homearoma in Chesapeake, VA... All the homes had pools, so I asked Tim (of RV Solutions) Where is the inground Pool?? He just laughed....
I guess you'll find 5th wheels parked in Many strange places.... Even @ Homearoma's...............

Jim & Harriet
10-09-2009, 09:04 PM
hi Gus,
Just wondered if you will be extending an "invite" to participate in
this rally to other "East Coast" Heartland dealers? They may be willing
to make cotributions to the rally.;)

cjhicks
10-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Gus, We just made our res. Site #406, Ariving April 27 byway of " The Convoy from SC Rally"
Calvin & Judy :)

boatto5er
10-09-2009, 09:18 PM
hi Gus,
Just wondered if you will be extending an "invite" to participate in
this rally to other "East Coast" Heartland dealers? They may be willing
to make cotributions to the rally.;)

Sent you an email on what's been done so far.

johnjbird
10-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Gus Myrna & I will be arriving on April 29th and leaving Monday May 3rd. they have us on site 391. she said there were not any sites open in premier but would let you know if some were opened up by management. I told her that would be fine. see you in the spring!!

porthole
10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Arriving on April 28, depart May 4th (for now) site #400

boatto5er
10-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Arriving on April 28, depart Mat 4th (for now) site #400

Great Duane, glad to have you on board!

Gus

boatto5er
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Hey Gus, We just made our res. Site #406, Ariving April 27 byway of " The Convoy from SC Rally"
Calvin & Judy :)

Great - See you in SC!

camperjohn08
10-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Gus.. Incase you didn't see it.. I have made a change to our dates.
We will arrive Wed 28 April and depart Monday 3 May 2010. Just wanted to let you know.
John & Nancy

boatto5er
10-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Those of you who followed the last rally thread know I like statistics. Here's a few numbers for the rally so far:

# of attendees = 22
# of states represented = 8
greatest miles traveling = 1025
least miles traveling = 84
total miles traveling = 6684
average miles traveling = 303.8
Norfolk/VA Beach/Suffolk/Chesapeake/Moyock Megopolis attendees = 7

More Later :D

porthole
10-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Didn't see a post as to rates, but in case you didn't pick up on this when you called, the special rally rate is for up to 7 nights.

Think I'll be changing my stay from 6 to 7 nights :D

Sam Marcum
10-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Sam & Betty Marcum...Fredericksburg
Site # 393
ARV 30 APR
DEP 03 MAY

boatto5er
10-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Sam & Betty Marcum...Fredericksburg
Site # 393
ARV 30 APR
DEP 03 MAY
That's terrific! We look forward to meeting you (especially since we live so close!). See you there.

Gus and Debra

boatto5er
10-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Here's an update for the rally so far:

# of attendees = 24
# of states represented = 8
greatest miles traveling = 1025 (Jim Beletti - Streamwood, IL)
least miles traveling = 37 (Bob and Sharon Hall - Kitty Hawk, NC)
total miles traveling = 6978
average miles traveling = 291
Norfolk/VA Beach/Suffolk/Chesapeake/Moyock Megopolis attendees = 7

klindgren
10-25-2009, 09:51 AM
OK, OK, so I procrastanated!! I kept waiting to find out what site SouthernNights was on so I could kick him off. He never would tell me. Or said he was moving sites around or....

Oh well, I quit goofing off and registered with the campground today. I'll be coming in on the 29th and leaving on May 2nd. Site #396. Looking forward to another GREAT Weekend.

Keith

boatto5er
10-25-2009, 10:32 AM
OK, OK, so I procrastanated!! I kept waiting to find out what site SouthernNights was on so I could kick him off. He never would tell me. Or said he was moving sites around or....

Oh well, I quit goofing off and registered with the campground today. I'll be coming in on the 29th and leaving on May 2nd. Site #396. Looking forward to another GREAT Weekend.

Keith

Wel...it's about time:D! Great to have you back on board! See you then (if not sooner). I'm sure Larry is disappointed that he won't be sharing a site with you:eek:!

Gus

SouthernNights
10-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Wel...it's about time:D! Great to have you back on board! See you then (if not sooner). I'm sure Larry is disappointed that he won't be sharing a site with you:eek:!

Gus

Keith,
I will be in a site by the ocean. Please make sure you tell them you want to be by the dunes.;)

klindgren
10-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Keith,
I will be in a site by the ocean. Please make sure you tell them you want to be by the dunes.;)
Oh, that's right. Now you're a high mucky muck so you get one of the premimum sites. Boy what some folks won't do to get property with a view:D:D

Looking forward to another fun filled weekend. Hope to see you before then Larry, but not to worry, I'll "look you up" at Camp Hatteras if I don't.

Got my Santa Sleigh sidecar rig out yesterday and started cleaning and making it ready for The Season. Might even ride it down to the oceanfront next weekend to drop in on Gus et. al.

PSF513
10-25-2009, 08:00 PM
All I have to say is I hope I am not between Keith & Larry again this time. That way, we have to walk a little for our dose of abuse and fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone by the Sound again.

andy
11-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Cindy and I are in site #389, the same site as the last October's rally. Coming in wed 28th leaving Mon 3rd. We look forward to seeing everyone again.

Donald & Cindy Massengill

boatto5er
11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Cindy and I are in site #389, the same site as the last October's rally. Coming in wed 28th leaving Mon 3rd. We look forward to seeing everyone again.

Donald & Cindy Massengill

Thanks Don! Sorry we missed you this past weekend. Have a great time on your trip this upcoming weekend. Hope to see you soon.

P.S. Hope the site behind you is empty when you come in!

datrippj
11-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Brand new members to the club. Reservations are made. Site 387, arriving on the 30th and departing on the 2nd. Lyndee and I are looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great weekend.

boatto5er
11-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Brand new members to the club. Reservations are made. Site 387, arriving on the 30th and departing on the 2nd. Lyndee and I are looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great weekend.

Terrific Dennis, We look forward to meeting you and Lyndee. I got your email also. Debra and I were just in VA Beach this past weekend.

boatto5er
11-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone - just a quick rally update. We currently have 27 rigs signed up - a great showing so far. With the able assistance of other Chapter Leaders, I've started working on activities and the agenda. Looks like our "theme" will be laid back relaxation. Working on a catered Bar-B-Que dinner for Saturday night and a catered breakfast for Sat morning (the cost for these is TBD, but will be very reasonable). Also planning on a burger, dogs, side dishes dinner Fri night. Already have a volunteer chef crew in place. If we do these food-related activities it'll take the burden off everyone to prepare dishes for pot-lucks, maybe just have to bring a side dish for Fri evening meal. We're also working on some seminars: fire safety, presentation on Cape Hatteras history, others TBD. Thinking about a quilting seminar for the ladies (guys can come also:)), a blood pressure check and first aid seminar, and a line-dance class one evening. We're also lining up some terrific door prizes.

It's never too early to get your reservation in, so plan on joining us!

trdeal
11-04-2009, 11:58 AM
It all sounds good Gus.I believe it will be another great rally.One thing I enjoyed from the fall rally was seeing the mods others have made to their rigs.Maybe we would have time for some of that also.It will be here before we can turn around.

mjatwalker
11-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Is it SPRINGTIME yet!

carolinachrissy
11-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I resemble that remark! No, not really.:p I just like to kid around.

I'll make reservations with Merrin for this Rally real soon, and will post our site number. We're excited to see all our Rally friends again.

It's our goal to partake of the relaxing part of this Rally, to see the oceanfront of this campground, tour the modified rigs and any new rigs as well as meet more friends!

That's where the "BAD" boys and girls will go! :rolleyes:

boatto5er
11-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I resemble that remark! No, not really.:p I just like to kid around.

I'll make reservations with Merrin for this Rally real soon, and will post our site number. We're excited to see all our Rally friends again.

It's our goal to partake of the relaxing part of this Rally, to see the oceanfront of this campground, tour the modified rigs and any new rigs as well as meet more friends!

Good deal Chrissy. We look forward to seeing you, Sam, and the girls again.

datrippj
11-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi everyone - just a quick rally update. We currently have 27 rigs signed up - a great showing so far. With the able assistance of other Chapter Leaders, I've started working on activities and the agenda. Looks like our "theme" will be laid back relaxation. Working on a catered Bar-B-Que dinner for Saturday night and a catered breakfast for Sat morning (the cost for these is TBD, but will be very reasonable). Also planning on a burger, dogs, side dishes dinner Fri night. Already have a volunteer chef crew in place. If we do these food-related activities it'll take the burden off everyone to prepare dishes for pot-lucks, maybe just have to bring a side dish for Fri evening meal. We're also working on some seminars: fire safety, presentation on Cape Hatteras history, others TBD. Thinking about a quilting seminar for the ladies (guys can come also:)), a blood pressure check and first aid seminar, and a line-dance class one evening. We're also lining up some terrific door prizes.

It's never too early to get your reservation in, so plan on joining us!
Hi Gus, Just wanted everyone to know that both Lyndee and I are EMT's and if they want their blood pressure checked during the rally weekend, we would be happy to provide that service. Blood pressure cuff and stethescope are always in tow.

boatto5er
11-06-2009, 11:43 AM
It all sounds good Gus.I believe it will be another great rally.One thing I enjoyed from the fall rally was seeing the mods others have made to their rigs.Maybe we would have time for some of that also.It will be here before we can turn around.

Terry,

We'll definitely do the mods tour also - I just forgot to put it on my list.

Thanks,

trdeal
11-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Sounds good.

boatto5er
11-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Time for my periodic rally statistics update!

# of trailers signed up to attend = 28
# of states represented = 9
Longest drive = 1025 miles
Shortest drive = 37 miles
Breakdown by Heartland Brand (this may surprise you)
Landmark = 8
Big Horn = 6
Big Country = 6
Sundance = 4
North Trail = 3
Cyclone = 1

Total miles driving = 8011
Avg miles driving = 286
Earliest arrival date = Apr 25
Latest departure date = May 4

mjatwalker
11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the update Gus,This will be another great rally!

Mike

porthole
11-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Landmark = 8
Big Horn = 6
Big Country = 6
Sundance = 4
North Trail = 3
Cyclone = 1

Latest departure date = May 4

Cool beans - our trailer will be the center of attention - guess we'll have to get the pups groomed now :rolleyes:

jbeletti
11-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Cool beans - our trailer will be the center of attention - guess we'll have to get the pups groomed now :rolleyes:

What? No Dave and Nona to share the Toyhauler spotlight?

Guess it's up to you Duane :)

porthole
11-18-2009, 03:59 PM

Does this mean we'll have to keep the bed made?

jbeletti
11-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Does this mean we'll have to keep the bed made?

I assumed you were doing tours, showing us your mods :)

So what time is the open house?

boatto5er
11-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I assumed you were doing tours, showing us your mods :)

So what time is the open house?

Tentatively - 2:00pm, Sat, May 1st.:)

(By the way, I know of at least two other Cyclone owners that have said they are going to try to make it.)

truknutt
11-18-2009, 10:40 PM

THE PRESSURE, MAN!!! Sooo many rallies and not enough vacation time!!! :eek:

Plan on making the beds, Duane. You can have the tours and we'll have the brews!! :D

boatto5er
11-19-2009, 07:42 AM
THE PRESSURE, MAN!!! Sooo many rallies and not enough vacation time!!! :eek:

Plan on making the beds, Duane. You can have the tours and we'll have the brews!! :D

We've left the light on for you Dave:D!

porthole
11-19-2009, 04:59 PM

OK Dave - but maybe I'll watch from your rig

Nabo
11-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Time for my periodic rally statistics update!

# of trailers signed up to attend = 28
# of states represented = 9
Longest drive = 1025 miles
Shortest drive = 37 miles
Landmark = 8
Big Horn = 6
Big Country = 6 One of these is us from TN :D
Sundance = 4
North Trail = 3
Cyclone = 1

Total miles driving = 8011
Avg miles driving = 286
Earliest arrival date = Apr 25 That's us :p

Sounds like a fun time to come!!!!

PSF513
11-19-2009, 07:37 PM
GUS: See you at 2:00 PM on May 1. Make sure you have the lobsters hot and the beer cold

klindgren
11-19-2009, 08:22 PM
GUS: See you at 2:00 PM on May 1. Make sure you have the lobsters hot and the beer cold

Hey, Gus...for Pete make sure the lobster is cold and the beer is hot. He can't handle it any other way.

Keith

boatto5er
11-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey, Gus...for Pete make sure the lobster is cold and the beer is hot. He can't handle it any other way.

Keith

They'll be cold, cause they'll still be in Maine!:D

klindgren
11-20-2009, 05:42 AM
Oh good!! Hey Pete, you want to go lobster diving??? We could take a side trip to Maine just before the rally. I'll sit in the boat and hold the rope that we'll tie around you ankle then you can dive down to the bottom and get us a couple of fresh Maine lobsters!! Sounds like a plan to me!
Keith

SouthernNights
11-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh good!! Hey Pete, you want to go lobster diving??? We could take a side trip to Maine just before the rally. I'll sit in the boat and hold the rope that we'll tie around you ankle then you can dive down to the bottom and get us a couple of fresh Maine lobsters!! Sounds like a plan to me!
Keith

Sure Keith, scare the poor lobsters by sending Pete down there.:eek:

klindgren
11-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Sure Keith, scare the poor lobsters by sending Pete down there.:eek:
Well how else would we catch them. Pete doesn't move fast enough to snag them when they are agile. One look at him and they freeze in their tracks, then he can grab them.:D

carolinachrissy
11-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey Gus,

We're on site 401. We're coming in on 4/29 and departing on 5/4.

We can't wait to see everyone again. We're looking forward to relaxing and reconnecting with y'all again.

boatto5er
11-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Hey Gus,

We're on site 401. We're coming in on 4/29 and departing on 5/4.

We can't wait to see everyone again. We're looking forward to relaxing and reconnecting with y'all again.

Woo-Hoo, it'll be great to have you, Sam, and the girls back with us again! See you there.

fordtech 2008
11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
called today and extended our stay till the 3rd, sara is out of school on that monday.

boatto5er
11-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Looks like a Sunday night Pot Luck may be in order!

boatto5er
12-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

We have 30 rigs signed up for the rally already, and with 5 months:( to go yet, I anticipate that number to climb much higher. I originally budgeted for 50 rigs, but I'm already doing "What-If" calculations in the event we get more than that! I'm working on an agenda and have sent a very early draft to my fellow chapter leaders and "co-hosts" for review and comment. I hope to be able to start solidifying it soon and get an early version posted here. I'll have a better handle on things as soon as I get final approval on the rally budget and also am able to solidify some presentations the team is working on scheduling. If you're planning on attending and having signed up yet, I encourage you to make your reservations as soon as possible. Part of that is to help me with my planning. The other part is to not find yourself with the proverbial "Three miles uphill in the snow" walk to get to the clubhouse and other events:D. Can't wait for the rally to kick off. I can only hope that it is as much fun as our last one.

PSF513
12-07-2009, 06:10 PM
KEITH & LARRY: I am so glad to be of assistance in the lobster diving arena. The only question I have is after I scare them, how do you plan to retrieve me from the water with a belly full of lobster.

I am really looking forward to the get together. LARRY: I want to see those pink fuzzy slippers you talked about wearing to keep your feet warm.

SouthernNights
12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
KEITH & LARRY: I am so glad to be of assistance in the lobster diving arena. The only question I have is after I scare them, how do you plan to retrieve me from the water with a belly full of lobster.

I am really looking forward to the get together. LARRY: I want to see those pink fuzzy slippers you talked about wearing to keep your feet warm.

Finally got a pic... Watch the other thread:D By the way Pete, who said you could get back into the boat??????:eek:

porthole
12-07-2009, 08:18 PM
It's hard to tell from the campground map, but it appears that we are fairly well spread out - does that sound right?

boatto5er
12-07-2009, 09:31 PM
It's hard to tell from the campground map, but it appears that we are fairly well spread out - does that sound right?

The campground map is deceiving. We are all very close together actually. If we go over 40 rigs, some folks will be on the other side of the bathhouse, but even that is not far from the clubhouse.

porthole
12-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Here Gus, copy this and maybe since you have the assignments you can color in the "slips" so we can see how it is filling up....................

boatto5er
12-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Here's a map of how the campground is filling up. Stars indicate sites that are taken. Some of spread is due to trailer sizes, etc.

porthole
12-07-2009, 10:34 PM
where did you get your map? The one I downloaded from the campground site is barely readable.

boatto5er
12-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Our wagonmaster got it from the campground at the last rally. I got it from him. It's only for the sites shown. Don't have a full version. We could theoretically fill up more than what is showing on it.

boatto5er
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've got some agenda items that are starting to shape up so I thought I'd fill a few in for you:

We are having a full catered Bar-B-Que dinner Saturday night, May 1st, in the clubhouse. There will be Ribs, pulled/chopped pork, 3 sides, desserts, and drinks.

We are also having a catered full breakfast Saturday morning, May 1st. Menu includes scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, toast, and drinks.

Both of these are courtesy of the Heartland Owners Club (:D:D).

Also, on Sat morning at 10:00 we have a presentation scheduled by the National Park Service at the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse (apprx 30 minute drive). We have to drive there, so I'll be looking for volunteers later.

On Fri night, Apr 30, we're having a burgers and dogs dinner prepared by a volunteer crew (well - maybe I twisted a couple of arms:rolleyes:).

More activities and details will be coming soon.

Nabo
12-09-2009, 09:13 PM
What a great job you are doing Gus. If you need any help, we are coming in early and can volunteer a couple of hands.
Byrd

boatto5er
12-11-2009, 09:31 PM
We've got 31 rigs signed up now, from as close as Kitty Hawk, NC to as far away as the Minneapolis, MN area! (That's right Jim B., you've been supplanted as the farthest traveller). We've got our rally budget from the Owners Club and are putting together the agenda. We're getting together a nice selection of door prizes also. I will let the cat out of the bag and tell you that one door prize, donated by the manufacturer, is a VERY NICE Tire Pressure Monitoring System from Truck Systems Technologies - a big thanks to John and Deb Bylinski for coordinating this with TST! Agenda items that are shaping up include a trip to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and a presentation by the National Park Service. We're also planning a fire safety seminar and a few other events. Hopefully, I'll get a DRAFT agenda out soon (or maybe later:rolleyes:). Lots of good sites still available but don't wait too long to get signed up. The end of April will be here before you know it!

boatto5er
12-12-2009, 09:00 AM
As promised, attached is a VERY EARLY DRAFT agenda for the rally. It's still a work under development, but is starting to take shape.

carolinachrissy
12-12-2009, 02:19 PM
...I can almost feel the warm sun on my skin and the breeze blowing through the sea oats!

Now, just to get through Christmas and all of winter :( until I feel the sand between my toes once again.

Just think, 4 months, 2 weeks, 2 days and 20 some odd hours until we head for Hatteras. But who's counting?

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to everyone!

klindgren
12-12-2009, 03:29 PM
The agenda sounds great Gus. Iíll be arriving early afternoon on Thursday and Carol will be there Friday afternoon. Any thing we can do to help, just let us know. If you want, Iíll supervise Larry and Pete grillin on Friday to make sure they donít get into any food fights. You know you can't trust one of them alone, let alone the two of them together. They need constant Adult Supervision which I'll be more than happy to provide!!:D Of course to monitor them I'll have to have an adult beverage in my hand, but that's a given!:D

Keith

SouthernNights
12-12-2009, 05:28 PM
:D
The agenda sounds great Gus. I’ll be arriving early afternoon on Thursday and Carol will be there Friday afternoon. Any thing we can do to help, just let us know. If you want, I’ll supervise Larry and Pete grillin on Friday to make sure they don’t get into any food fights. You know you can't trust one of them alone, let alone the two of them together. They need constant Adult Supervision which I'll be more than happy to provide!!:D Of course to monitor them I'll have to have an adult beverage in my hand, but that's a given!:D

Keith

Are'nt you supposed to be getting ready for your big night is a few weeks?:D I am surprised you have time to harrass nice people.:rolleyes:

jbeletti
12-12-2009, 05:28 PM
...If you want, Iíll supervise Larry and Pete grillin on Friday to make sure they donít get into any food fights....Keith

I volunteer to be an official "food taster" :)

Jim

jnbhobe
12-12-2009, 07:08 PM
So soon we forget about that DIET, JB :eek: :D :D

boatto5er
12-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Diets are for people that aren't camping!:D

klindgren
12-12-2009, 10:36 PM

Are'nt you supposed to be getting ready for your big night is a few weeks?:D I am surprised you have time to harrass nice people.:rolleyes:

Actually, the only reason I had time to harrass bad boys like you and Pete is because I had a cancellation this afternoon. Seems the whole house was down with the flu and so they canceled their party. That left me with ony 4 visits today. They are keeping me running, but it is so much fun. Even got Mrs. Claus to go with me for a two hour vists this morning. She was suppose to go with me tonight, but chickened out. Something about having to stay at the North Pole and make sure the elfs were working.

Santa

jbeletti
12-12-2009, 11:02 PM

I'll take small bites Jon.

Jim

boatto5er
12-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Time for a rally statistics update.

Number of rigs signed up: 31
Closest: 37 miles (Kitty Hawk, NC)
Farthest: 1405 miles (Circle Pines, MN)
Total Miles: 9720
Avg Miles: 314
States Represented: 10
First Time at a VA/NC area rally: 10

hillsonwheels
12-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Howdy.......Finally got a "roundtoit". :D Called the campground today. Merrin off for the holidays. Spoke with Jennette (sp) and she assured me she was in the loop for Heartland Rally reservations. We were assigned site #403. We'll arrive on 25 APR and depart on 6 MAY. Wish everyone safe travelin'. Anyone have a clue as to how far in advance I'd need to call ahead for a ride on the Cedar Island to Ocracoke ferry??????

See ya'll in April......Dick and Reta

davebennington
12-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi to all rally attendees,

It is time to place your order for the official rally t-shirts. They will be Carolina blue with white lettering.

If each of you will be so kind as to supply me with the shirt size that you require, please indicate if it is for a man or woman there is a difference (beside the bumps).
In order to have everything ready for the rally the absolute cutoff date is 3/31/2010, any responses after that will be without a rally shirt.

Thanks,
Dave

trdeal
12-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi Dave, Renee says if they are 100% cotton we will need 1 medium,with bumps, for her and 1 extra large without bumps for me.

PSF513
12-28-2009, 07:44 PM
DAVE: I need 2 XXL, 1 with and 1 without bumps

boatto5er
12-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Howdy.......Finally got a "roundtoit". :D Called the campground today. Merrin off for the holidays. Spoke with Jennette (sp) and she assured me she was in the loop for Heartland Rally reservations. We were assigned site #403. We'll arrive on 25 APR and depart on 6 MAY. Wish everyone safe travelin'. Anyone have a clue as to how far in advance I'd need to call ahead for a ride on the Cedar Island to Ocracoke ferry??????

See ya'll in April......Dick and Reta

Dick and Reta,

We look forward to meeting you! Be sure to get your T-Shirt order in to Dave Yocum. See you in April.

Gus

Nabo
12-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Dave - I sent you an email with our shirt sizes. Please let me know if you didn't get it. Can't wait to meet everyone in that this will be our 1st time at a HL rally. Hopefully we can put faces to forum nicknames. ;)
Byrd

PSF513
12-29-2009, 04:23 AM
In defense of Larry & I, food fights are therapeutic. We only participate for the stress relief value.

Although Keith is certainly old enough for an adult beverage, that does not qualify him to be an adult supervisor. How can you justify that from a guy who lives and works with elves, slips in and out of peoples homes (through the chimney no less), and drives around the world spreading reindeer droppings?

I'd suggest that second opinions should be sought!

davebennington
12-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Before I place the order for the shirts I will post a recap of all of the shirt request by name and size. That way we can be sure that we have everyone accounted for with the correct size. OK

Dave

dbylinski
12-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Great idea Dave! Measure twice and cut once works every time.

boatto5er
12-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Deb - you've got to change that avatar! Keeps making me hungry:)!

dbylinski
12-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Nope! Can't do it! That's a very special plate right there. Like my Grandma used to say.... "so eat ifin' yer hungry".:D:D

porthole
12-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Great idea Dave! Measure twice and cut once works every time.

Last time I tried that I cut it three times and it was still too short :confused:

dbylinski
12-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Porthole, I know you can do it! I've seen your very clean & professional mods! Perfection!

bill40
12-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi Dave sent a e-mail on the shirts.

carolinachrissy
12-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi Dave,

I'd like to place our order. Because Sam will be out of the country, our family will only need 3 shirts during the Rally.:(

I wear a women's 1x, Kelley's a ladies small and Caitlin's in a youth large.

I'm planning on bringing the girls and Zeus to the Rally.

Because I haven't taken our North Trail out without Sam, I may have questions about set-up. I may need to call someone on cell if I've got a technical question as we prepare to leave. I should be good on hooking up to travel to the Rally, but because Sam's my black water/grey water man, I'm very ignorant on our Heartland's holding tank set-up. I'll make sure I study up on it, but I'm the type who learns by doing rather than by reading.

If you wouldn't mind making yourself available to me via phone, please email me off-list with a phone number I can call, in case I need an assist.

Thanks for handling the t-shirt orders, Dave. And thanks to the rest of you for considering being my tech help-line, if I need it.

Hi to all rally attendees,

It is time to place your order for the official rally t-shirts. They will be Carolina blue with white lettering.

If each of you will be so kind as to supply me with the shirt size that you require, please indicate if it is for a man or woman there is a difference (beside the bumps).
In order to have everything ready for the rally the absolute cutoff date is 3/31/2010, any responses after that will be without a rally shirt.

Thanks,
Dave

boatto5er
12-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Chrissy,

I'm sure there will be plenty of help available. At least one of our other North Trail owners will be in before you arrive, and I think the rest of us will be able to help out also. I recommend you do a practice hookup (or two) before your first real trip. The primary things to remember with the Travel Trailer is to make sure the tongue is higher up than the hitch before you back up to hoop up (learned that from a bad experience with a boat), and get centered as close as possible. You can make a line in the center of your rear window with a non-permanent marker and that will help you line up with the center on the trailer. Make sure you have a good road guide and maintain visual contact with them when you're backing up. Discuss hand signals and verbal "commands" before you start the back up/hook up process. You don't have to be perfectly centered to let the tongue down on the hitch ball, just real close. When the hitch is fully supporting the weight of the trailer be sure to lock the trailer tongue down. We used an actual lock with our boat to make sure the mechanisms didn't vibrate loose. The wiring hookup is pretty self explanatory. Don't forget about the safety chains. They should be crossed when attaching to the tow vehicle (left chain on right hook of tow vehicle and vice versa). Hope that helps a little. Give it a practice and let us know how you do!.

Hope I got all that right right! Hopefully one of our North Trail owners will chime in with more. I'm going off the cuff from my boat trailer experience.

klindgren
12-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey Dave,

In a PM earlier today I sent in my shirt order -- a 1X female and a 2X male. I need to change that to both shirts a 2X - one male and one female.

Sorry for the confusion. I spoke before consulting. You know how that goes don't you??:o:o

Thanks

Keith

klindgren
12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
In defense of Larry & I, food fights are therapeutic. We only participate for the stress relief value.

Although Keith is certainly old enough for an adult beverage, that does not qualify him to be an adult supervisor. How can you justify that from a guy who lives and works with elves, slips in and out of peoples homes (through the chimney no less), and drives around the world spreading reindeer droppings?

I'd suggest that second opinions should be sought!

Yeah but, I'm not really supervising adults. Just you and Larry. Besides, I'm no longer slippin in and out of peoples homes and certainly not spreading reindeer droppings. At least not for another 360 days. Reindeer are all resting comfortably and I've already sent my suit out to the cleaners to remove all the ashes and soot. -- So I've got plenty of time to sit back, relax and stupidvise you and Larry.:) See, second opinion provided.:D

carolinachrissy
12-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks Gus for the info. I took our prior travel trailer to Myrtle Beach with the girls when Sam was in the Middle East in October 2007, so hook-up at home was easy, especially with Kelley as my guide for lining the truck up.

My biggest concern is that darn poo-line! But I like your idea of doing a run through of it all a couple times. I guess that means we'll have to do a few trips to a local state park, like Jordan Lake or maybe a campground near the zoo before we see you all on the Outer Banks.

Thanks again.

Chrissy,

I'm sure there will be plenty of help available. At least one of our other North Trail owners will be in before you arrive, and I think the rest of us will be able to help out also. I recommend you do a practice hookup (or two) before your first real trip. The primary things to remember with the Travel Trailer is to make sure the tongue is higher up than the hitch before you back up to hoop up (learned that from a bad experience with a boat), and get centered as close as possible. You can make a line in the center of your rear window with a non-permanent marker and that will help you line up with the center on the trailer. Make sure you have a good road guide and maintain visual contact with them when you're backing up. Discuss hand signals and verbal "commands" before you start the back up/hook up process. You don't have to be perfectly centered to let the tongue down on the hitch ball, just real close. When the hitch is fully supporting the weight of the trailer be sure to lock the trailer tongue down. We used an actual lock with our boat to make sure the mechanisms didn't vibrate loose. The wiring hookup is pretty self explanatory. Don't forget about the safety chains. They should be crossed when attaching to the tow vehicle (left chain on right hook of tow vehicle and vice versa). Hope that helps a little. Give it a practice and let us know how you do!.

Hope I got all that right right! Hopefully one of our North Trail owners will chime in with more. I'm going off the cuff from my boat trailer experience.

f250dieseldad
12-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Chrissy, I know an expert on poop pipes. Bill40 will be happy to hook it up for you!!!!!!!!!!! He is also very good at cleaning up the mess:) Don't ask how I know!
John

bill40
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Just remember it runs down hill

boatto5er
12-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Bill will be the guest speaker for the Sat night dinner:eek:. His topic will be (well...you can fill that in).

dbylinski
12-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Sounds like a good time! You put Bill & John in the same room and you have an endless supply!

klindgren
12-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks Gus for the info. I took our prior travel trailer to Myrtle Beach with the girls when Sam was in the Middle East in October 2007, so hook-up at home was easy, especially with Kelley as my guide for lining the truck up.

My biggest concern is that darn poo-line! But I like your idea of doing a run through of it all a couple times. I guess that means we'll have to do a few trips to a local state park, like Jordan Lake or maybe a campground near the zoo before we see you all on the Outer Banks.

Thanks again.

Hey Chrissy,

Just watch the movie "RV" It will show you what NOT to do and that will make it much easier to know what TO do:D:D

jgoddardg
01-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey, is it too late to sign up for the rally? Should we make campground reservations through them? Contact info?

Thanks!

boatto5er
01-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Hey, is it too late to sign up for the rally? Should we make campground reservations through them? Contact info?

Thanks!

John,

There is still time. Go ahead and call the Campground. Check out the details in the first post of this thread. Also, after you get signed up, post your T-shirt sizes or send an email to Dave Yocum so we get you on the list for those. We'd love to see you and Debra again! You can email me with any questions.

Gus

jgoddardg
01-05-2010, 10:25 AM
The WV Mountaineers will arrive on Apr 29 and depart on May 3, hooking up on site 398. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

boatto5er
01-05-2010, 10:34 AM
The WV Mountaineers will arrive on Apr 29 and depart on May 3, hooking up on site 398. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

John,

That's terrific:). It'll be good to see you and Debra again! You make state # 12 to be represented at the rally:D!

mjatwalker
01-05-2010, 03:33 PM

John, We look forward to meeting you. Ann's family is from Weston.
We are on site#324

Mike

Elevatorman
01-05-2010, 07:47 PM

Thanks again.

Ask, ask, ask! Most everyone will be able to help, and love doing it! I've included a link to a neat item I've suggested to others, and they have loved it. Thought it was also at Camping World but I couldn't find it on the site. http://www.amazon.com/Valley-Tow-53410-Hitch-Aligner/dp/B00153ZTR0
Someone else might know where else it can be found.
Could come in handy if you don't have that wonderful help hitching!

carolinachrissy
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks, ElevatorMan,

I've seen that and it looks like a nice assist in getting lined up. I'll keep it in mind.

And Happy Birthday, tomorrow. I had a nice birthday yesterday!

Ask, ask, ask! Most everyone will be able to help, and love doing it! I've included a link to a neat item I've suggested to others, and they have loved it. Thought it was also at Camping World but I couldn't find it on the site. http://www.amazon.com/Valley-Tow-53410-Hitch-Aligner/dp/B00153ZTR0
Someone else might know where else it can be found.
Could come in handy if you don't have that wonderful help hitching!

boatto5er
01-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't forget to get your Rally T-Shirt order into Dave Yocum. The last day to order is Mar 31.

Elevatorman
01-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks, ElevatorMan,

I've seen that and it looks like a nice assist in getting lined up. I'll keep it in mind.

And Happy Birthday, tomorrow. I had a nice birthday yesterday!

Great to hear about your birthday! Happy belated to you! Thank you for the wish. Practice a couple of times an hook it up and go! Rodanthe is such a great place to relax in the spring. My BC is headed to the "doctors" this week for holding water in the overhang? Worried!. I want so bad to attend the spring NC rally, but am having conflicts at work, since I may be retired by then. Heck I'm ready to go now but I'm delaying the reservations for a while. Fingers are crossed we work it out! See ya there!

boatto5er
01-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Great to hear about your birthday! Happy belated to you! Thank you for the wish. Practice a couple of times an hook it up and go! Rodanthe is such a great place to relax in the spring. My BC is headed to the "doctors" this week for holding water in the overhang? Worried!. I want so bad to attend the spring NC rally, but am having conflicts at work, since I may be retired by then. Heck I'm ready to go now but I'm delaying the reservations for a while. Fingers are crossed we work it out! See ya there!

Don't wait too long! We'd love to have you join us there.

HowardBJr
01-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Every rally we do an upgrade. The Spring 2009 rally we started with a "rustic cabin" with a restroom that was about a quarter mile away. In the fall 2009 rally we upgraded to a prototype Heartland "Little Horn" and almost ended up in the ocean during the storm. This time we've upgraded to a 2011 Augusta. We will be at site #336.

Kathy, Rosie (our Yorkie) and my mother will be coming. We're looking forward to seeing everyone again.

boatto5er
01-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey Howard!

It'll be nice to see you in a real RV!

jgoddardg
01-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Deb and I have signed up for the SC rally in Longs, so we plan to go directly from there to Hatteras on April 27. We've extended our stay at Hatteras from the 27th through May 3. We're looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

boatto5er
01-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Here's a quick Rally update:

Attendees (rigs): 35
States Represented: 12 (VA, NC, SC, MD, PA, NJ, TN, FL, WV, MN, OH, IL)
Total Miles Driving: 11,461
Avg Miles Driving: 327
Longest Drive: 1405
Shortest Drive: 37

We have room for approximately 15 more rigs, so if you are considering coming, get your reservations in soon (see Post #1 for details).

For those of you already signed up, be sure to contact Dave Yocum (day881@hughes.net) with your T-shirt order (there is no charge for the T-shirts!)

Here's the attendee list:
Akers, Chrissy, NC
Bandstra, Larry and Samantha, SC
Beletti, Jim and Nancy, IL
Bird, John and Myrna, OH
Burnette, Howard and Kathy, VA
Burton, Mark and Lucia, MD
Bylinski, John and Debbie, NJ
Clause, Duane and Debbie, NJ
Deal, Terry and Renee, NC
Fodrie, Tim and Debbie, NC
Fortin, Pete and Deb, VA
Funderburg, Gus and Debra, VA
Gallimore, Ken and Marj, NC
Goddard, John and Debbie, WV
Hall, Bob and Sharon, NC
Hazel, Dick and Debbie, VA
Hendren, Hudson and Tracy, VA
Hicks, Calvin and Judy, MD
Hill, Dick and Reta, FL
Johnson, Tom and Sue, VA
Latham, John and Nancy, VA
Lewis, JP and Rita, NC
Lindgren, Keith and Carol, VA
Marcum, Sam and Betty, VA
Massengill, Donald and Cynthia, VA
Mathis, Nathan and Byrd, TN
Pasch, Jim and Leslie, VA
Stewart, Bill and Jerry, PA
Tripp, Dennis and Lyndee, VA
Turner, John and Marsha, NC
van Opstal, Eric and Dorothy, VA
Walker, Mike and Ann, MD
Wolbeck, Kevin and Nelly, VA
Yocum/Hancock, Dave/Julie, VA
Younger, John and Sue, MN

camperjohn08
01-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Hot Diggity Dog... Can't Wait till the Rally to take the camper out of moth balls and back on the road agian.. Looks like a great showing this time...:)

Nabo
01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Can't wait - not only to meet new friends but to have sand between the toes again.

boatto5er
01-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Can't wait - not only to meet new friends but to have sand between the toes again.

There will be plenty of that available!

boatto5er
01-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Hot Diggity Dog... Can't Wait till the Rally to take the camper out of moth balls and back on the road agian.. Looks like a great showing this time...:)

Got to get going sooner than that John! We're scheduling our first trip out in Mid-March, tentaticely to American Heritage in Williamsburg, Mar 19, 20, 21.:)

davebennington
01-22-2010, 09:27 AM
OK, folks I have received t-shirt sizes from 26 rally attendees. Some of you are asking about the cost of the shirts, thanks to Heartland there is NO COST to you . So if you are going to attend and you would like a t-shirt send me an email or PM with your size as well if it for a man or woman. If you do not want a shirt you don't have to do anything.

Rember, In order to have everything ready for the rally the absolute cutoff date is 3/31/2010, any responses after that will be without a rally shirt.

Thanks,

Dave

boatto5er
01-22-2010, 01:46 PM
I was perusing the RV.net campgrounds forum a few minutes ago and almost sprayed my coffee all over my PC when I read the post from someone looking for good site recommendations at Camp Hatteras because all the good ones (specifically site 380) were taken by some group on May 1 when they would be there. They were worried (probably for good reason) about the noise:eek:. I invited them to stop by and say hello.:D The really interesting thing is that 380 is the one site in our group area we weren't able to get because it was already booked!:rolleyes:

jbeletti
01-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Gus,

Sounds like an SOB intervention and Heartland conversion prospect. Mix up a batch of Kool-Aid :)

Jim

dbylinski
01-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Sounds very interesting and very wise to extend an invitation! Gus, as a side note, I would have paid full price admission to see the spittin' contest.:D

boatto5er
01-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Sounds very interesting and very wise to extend an invitation! Gus, as a side note, I would have paid full price admission to see the spittin' contest.:D

As my Dad was so fond of quoting:

Full price admission = $5.00

1/2 price admission = $3.50

dbylinski
01-22-2010, 02:38 PM
You never told me your Dad was from Jersey!

camperjohn08
01-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Got to get going sooner than that John! We're scheduling our first trip out in Mid-March, tentaticely to American Heritage in Williamsburg, Mar 19, 20, 21.:)
Well Gus, March is the month I get the trailer ready.. got to install the new electric jack, battery disconnect switch set-up, new TV swivel mounting bracket and new HDTV, and of course the surround sound for the blue-ray player..can't do this till I take her out of moth balls and remove the cover... Oh did I mention, give her a new wax job too!
But we can think about Williamsburg though.. If time allows us to do that.:)

lcdrdean
01-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Just signed up for our first rally! We are arriving on the 29th and leaving on the 3rd. We been assigned site #412.

ncrebel8
01-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Gus, I just got around to making our reservation. I know, I have been procrastinating. Merrin gave us site #399, so you can fill it in. We will be at both April rallies, might not make it in the convoy, we are going to go to ocean lakes for the week between the 2 rallies. That will give you guys a break from us. lol.

boatto5er
01-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Gus, I just got around to making our reservation. I know, I have been procrastinating. Merrin gave us site #399, so you can fill it in. We will be at both April rallies, might not make it in the convoy, we are going to go to ocean lakes for the week between the 2 rallies. That will give you guys a break from us. lol.

I knew you guys would get signed up pretty soon. Welcome aboard. Ocean Lakes is a great campground. We stayed there last year in early May - it was just about full!

SouthernNights
01-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Gus,

You have to be getting close to filling all your spaces ny now.

How many are left?

boatto5er
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Gus,

You have to be getting close to filling all your spaces ny now.

How many are left?

We can fit in 10 more before I have to request more sites. Although most of the sites are the size basic size, the approach angles make it difficult (but not impossible) to get the bigger rigs into some sites, so it may also depend on what size rigs sign up.

jnbhobe
01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi Gus; Well we finally got our times figured out and made reservations with Merrin. we will arrive on the 29th and leave on the 3rd. We will be on site #343. Our daughter and son in law and two grandkids will be with us friday thru sunday so please let me know what extra expences I need to take care of. See you in April. JON conf#26329

boatto5er
01-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Gus; Well we finally got our times figured out and made reservations with Merrin. we will arrive on the 29th and leave on the 3rd. We will be on site #343. Our daughter and son in law and two grandkids will be with us friday thru sunday so please let me know what extra expences I need to take care of. See you in April. JON

Great talking to you on the phone Jon! Glad you'll be joining us. See you in April.

boatto5er
01-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

The DRAFT (repeat - DRAFT) agenda for the rally is posted below. It's probably at 90-95% right now. Could stay as is, may have a few minor changes.

2010 Eastern Region Rally

FUN, COMRADERIE, DOOR PRIZES, FOOD

All scheduled activities are optional

(NOTE: Forum screen names in italics)

(Activities in RED are not confirmed yet)

Sun - Tue, Apr 25-27 Rigs begin arriving, 1st Convoy from SC Rally arrives

Wed, Apr 28 2d Convoy from SC Rally arrives

Thur, Apr 29 Early Arrival Day/Early Bird Activities

9:00am – 10:00am Early Bird Continental Breakfast
Hosted by Chapter Leaders @ Site 381

2:00pm - ??? Wine and Cheese Tasting (Bring Your Favorite Wine) @ CG Registration Office Club Room, Hosted by (and Cheese, Crackers, and Chocolates provided by) John and Deb Bylinski (F250DieselDad and dbylinski), NJ Chapter Leaders, Followed by Hot Tub and Indoor Pool Swim

6:00pm Group Dinner Out

Fri, Apr 30 Official Arrival Day, Pick up welcome packets and T-Shirts @ Site 386 (maybe clubhouse)– Kevin (knjp123)and Nellie Wolbeck (1st site on your left as you drive in) (T-Shirts provided by Heartland Owners Club)

6:00pm – 7:00pmBurgers and Dogs, Door Prizes @ Clubhouse,Provided by “TBD”(BYO Drink), Hosted by Terry D (trdeal), Pete F (PFS513), Eric V (Flying Dutchman), and Gus F (boat to 5er)

7:30pm – 9:30pm Line Dancing and Class @ Clubhouse, Hosted by Gus (boat to 5er) and Debra

Sat, May 1

8:00am – 9:30am Catered Full Service Breakfast @ Clubhouse, Provided by Heartland Owners Club(All food and drinks included)

9:30am Depart for Cape Hatteras Lighthouse (convoy – led by Larry Bandstra [SouthernNights])

10:00am – 11:00 Cape Hatteras Presentation, Presented by National Park Service @ Lighthouse Pavilion

11:00 – 1:00pm Lunch, (On your own)

Noon – 1:00pm Working Lunch, Chapter Leaders Meeting @ Jim Beletti’s, Site #323

1:00pm – 2:00pm Fire Safety, Presented by Duane Clause (Porthole) @ Site # TBD – (May move to Friday, late afternoon)

1:00pm – 2:30pm Crafts Session @ Clubhouse, Bring a craft to work on and discuss, Hosted by Debra Funderburg

2:00pm – 6:30pm New Trailer Tours TENTATIVE(self-guided)

2:30pm – 4:00pm Trailer Modifications Tour, Led by John Bylinski (f250dieseldad) (meet @ Park between sites 380/381)

5:30pm Group Picture @ HOC Banner/Park, between sites 380/381 (Wear your Heartland Shirt) - Dave Yocum (DaveBennington)

6:30pm - ??? Catered Full Service Bar-B-Que Dinner and Prizes @ Clubhouse, Provided by Heartland Owners Club (Wear your Heartland Shirt), Short Presentation by Jim Beletti, Door Prize Drawings

8:30pm – 11:00pm Bon Fire @ Park

Sun, May 2

8:00am – 9:00am Non-Denominational Service @ Clubhouse

9:30am – 10:00am Continental Breakfast and Farewell @ Clubhouse (BYO Drinks and Pastries)

10:00am - ??? Regular Departures

10:00am – 12:00Courtesy Tire Pressure Checks @ sites, Eric Van Opstal (Flying Dutchman) and Don Massengill (Andy) – Contact Eric to coordinate your tire check

12:00 – 6:00pm No scheduled activities

6:00pm - ??? Pot-Luck Dinner @ Clubhouse

Mon, May 3 Late Departures

Tues, May 4 Very Late Departures

Items in RED are not confirmed, but being worked on or contemplated.

boatto5er
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Hera are a few volunteer opportunities:

1. We need a few folks (will need people coming in a couple of days early)to assist Kevin and Neely Wolbeck with putting together Rally Welcome Packets and then handing them out as rigs arrive. I anticipate we will need to start having a "formal" arrival area on Apr 29th and Apr 30th both. If you are available and would like to help Kevin and Nelly, please contact them directly at: rvn4fn@gmail.com

2. I need one or two medium sized metal fire pits for the Sat night bonfire. If you have one you can set up, please let me know. First two to contact me get this honor!

3. Need some wood. This is preferrably for our North Carolina attendees so we're not bringinf firewood across state lines unecessarily. Again, contact me if you can bring some firewood.

That's all the volunteer opportunities for now. I'm sure others will come up, so don't worry, everyone will get a chance to help out!

By the way, we're at 39 rigs and 87 attendees right now.

jgoddardg
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Gus, we have a metal fire pit and will have it with us. Debbie and I will volunteer for a couple of hours or so to hand out packets as well.

klindgren
01-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Gus,

I've got a metal fire pit with cover that I always carry with me. Also have a tote full of fire wood I always bring. I'll be glad to offer both for use.

Keith

Nabo
01-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Nathan & I are coming in on the 25th. We can help with pre-setup and packet stuffing.
Byrd

boatto5er
02-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Hera are a few volunteer opportunities:

1. We need a few folks (will need people coming in a couple of days early)to assist Kevin and Neely Wolbeck with putting together Rally Welcome Packets and then handing them out as rigs arrive. I anticipate we will need to start having a "formal" arrival area on Apr 29th and Apr 30th both. If you are available and would like to help Kevin and Nelly, please contact them directly at: rvn4fn@gmail.com

2. I need one or two medium sized metal fire pits for the Sat night bonfire. If you have one you can set up, please let me know. First two to contact me get this honor!

3. Need some wood. This is preferrably for our North Carolina attendees so we're not bringing firewood across state lines unecessarily. Again, contact me if you can bring some firewood.

That's all the volunteer opportunities for now. I'm sure others will come up, so don't worry, everyone will get a chance to help out!

By the way, we're at 39 rigs and 87 attendees right now.

Thanks for the responses so far. We've got all the firepits we need. Still need some help with wood (come on North Carolinians) and may need a few more folks to help with welcome committee. Will follow up on that later. I appreciate all the support.

Thanks,

Gus

camperjohn08
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Nancy and I could help if needed for making the welcome packets.. We may plan on coming a day earlier, on the 27th (Which of course is also our 25th wedding anniversary)... Once the camp site is set up, we're all yours.. :)

boatto5er
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Nancy and I could help if needed for making the welcome packets.. We may plan on coming a day earlier, on the 27th (Which of course is also our 25th wedding anniversary)... Once the camp site is set up, we're all yours.. :)
That makes two of us during the rally. Debra and I will celebrate our 34th on May 1:).

boatto5er
02-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Had a great conversation with Merrin from the campground on Sunday. They are looking forward to our being there (of course - lots of income for them!) For those of you interested, we will be having a Sunday morning service, piggybacking on the campground chaplain's service in the conference center Sunday morning.

lcdrdean
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Dave,

We would like a woman's 1X and a man's large.

fordtech 2008
02-14-2010, 02:47 PM
hey gus i have some wood in the truck left from last year i'll bring it with us.

boatto5er
02-14-2010, 05:04 PM
hey gus i have some wood in the truck left from last year i'll bring it with us.

Thanks Ken!

boatto5er
02-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Looks like plans for the rally are really coming together, just a few loose ends to tie up. Hopefully the next few weeks will pass quickly, all the snow will melt and it'll be time to start packing.

We have room for 5 or 6 more rigs, so if you are thinking about coming, you need to sign up soon. My limit is based on overall rally budget and number of attendees rather than an exact trailer count. Call the campground and get your reservation in soon!!!

We have lined up some some great door prizes so far, including a 10 unit Tire Pressure Monitoring System by Truck Systems Technologies, a $35 Gift Certificate for the Camp Hatteras Gift Shop, and several Heartland Branded items, and we have a great set of "freebies" for everyone attending. THINK SPRING!!!!

cwgentry7
02-17-2010, 01:10 PM
24294 NC 12, Waves, NC 27982

2010 EASTERN REGION HEARTLAND RALLY

Venue:

Camp Hatteras Campground
24798 Highway 12
Rodanthe, NC 27968
Reservation Contact: Merrin Alderman
(252) 987-2777
www.camphatteras.com (http://www.camphatteras.com)
Pets ok?: Yes - No Fee
WiFi available: Yes - Free
Details:

Number of sites held: 50
Site fee: $45 per night (good for up to a seven day stay).
Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
Non-Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
Potluck: Partial - meals will be provided Fri and Sat night and Sat morning (Sunday evening Potluck for late departees)

Event Leader: boat to 5er (click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=4529)
Additional Info:
** NOTE: The address in the above map is not the mailing address for the park, but was required for the map to display correctly and should work to get you to the location.

Merrin is available from 8:30 to 4:00 except on Thursday and Friday. Also, be sure to get a site # and post your site and anticipated arrival and departure dates (early arrivals and late departures are welcome) on this forum thread. Those dates are important so we’ll have an understanding of how many will be present on any given day so we can plan (or at least consider) optional activities. This was the site of the Virginia Chapter 2009 Fall Rally and is a terrific venue. All sites are back-ins and include water, 30/50amp electric, sewer, 99 channel cable TV, and great Wi-Fi service.

Join us for fun, food, informative seminars, comraderie, and goodies. All attendees will receive a Heartland Owners Club T-Shirt (Contact Dave Yocum: day881@hughes.net to order your T-Shirt). There will also be multiple door prizes at both Friday and Saturday night dinners. Prizes include a 10 unit Tire Pressure monitoring system courtesy of Truck Systems Technology, a $35 gift certificate to the Camp Hatteras gift shop, and many others. A big thanks goes out to the Heartland Owners Club, Truck Systems Technology, Chesapeake RV Solutions, Camp Hatteras, the National Park Service, and the many volunteers working to make this rally a big success.

Area Attractions:

Okracoke Island (http://www.ocracokeisland.com (http://www.ocracokeisland.com/))
Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and National Seashore (http://www.nps.gov/caha/index.htm)
Nags Head (http://www.nags-head.com (http://www.nags-head.com/))
Kitty Hawk (http://www.nps.gov/wrbr/index.htm)

hi Gus

Charles W. Gentry will be at rally at site #413

boatto5er
02-17-2010, 02:19 PM
# of Rigs = 40
# of People = 89
# of States = 12 (FL=1, IL=1, MD=3, MN=1, NC=8, NJ=2, OH=1, PA=2, SC=1, TN=1, VA=18, WV=1)
Longest Drive = 1405miles (the Younger's, Circle Pines, MN)
Shortest Drive = 37 miles (the Hall's, Kitty Hawk, NC)
Total Miles = 12,916
Avg Miles = 323
Earliest Arrival = Apr 25 (Hill's, FL:cool: and Mathis's, TN) (There may be more - my records are weak here:confused:)
Latest Departure = May 6 (Hill's)
Big Country = 7
Big Horn = 12
Cyclone = 2
Landmarks = 10
North Trail = 5
Sundance = 4
:)

(yep - it's a slow day at work)

SouthernNights
02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
I am a little jealous of the Halls who only have to drive 37 miles. I don't think that is fair.:(

boatto5er
02-17-2010, 06:08 PM
I am a little jealous of the Halls who only have to drive 37 miles. I don't think that is fair.:(

Me too!!! We could move to Avon, then we'd be 10 miles away...

beasleyrl
02-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey Gus -

Kelly says "he missed some important facts!" How many kids and how many pets?

klindgren
02-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Does any one have an enlarged map of the campground. I've gone on the Camp Hatteras web page & it does not allow for their map to be blown up (or if it does, I couldn't find how) and my tired old eyes can't read any of the camp site numbers. I even tried holding a magnifying glass up to the computer screen (I know I'm pretty pathetic huh) and every thing is just too blury to read. Maybe I need to drink a whole bunch more margaritas to bring every thing into focus.

Thanks,

Keith

boatto5er
02-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Does any one have an enlarged map of the campground. I've gone on the Camp Hatteras web page & it does not allow for their map to be blown up (or if it does, I couldn't find how) and my tired old eyes can't read any of the camp site numbers. I even tried holding a magnifying glass up to the computer screen (I know I'm pretty pathetic huh) and every thing is just too blury to read. Maybe I need to drink a whole bunch more margaritas to bring every thing into focus.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith, see post #108 in this thread.

Gus

boatto5er
02-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey Gus -

Kelly says "he missed some important facts!" How many kids and how many pets?

Either 7 or 9 kids (trying to remember off the top of my head). I lost track of pets about 100 posts ago!

Nabo
02-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Add one more pet to your "lost track of pets" numbers. BamBam (toy poodle) is also coming to meet new friends.

klindgren
02-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Keith, see post #108 in this thread.

Gus
Perfect!!! Thanks Gus. That's exactly what I needed.

simplelife
02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
We made it!! We took delivery of our Bighorn 3610RE just under a month ago and are still getting this owners thing figured out. We heard that we were invited to a big party and could get to know some great people, have some fun, and it was at the beach. What a bargain for us. We met Terry and Renee Deal through the web site and if everyone is as nice as they are; we definitely want to be a part of this group. We made resis to show up with the SC group coming from their Rally on Tuesday. We are Albert and Tamara Williams and we will add to the pet party with two Cavachons that love everyone they meet. THe folks at Hatteras did not give me a site number. I asked for one, but they said that they would give me one on arrival in the group sites. I see others with site numbers but I guess we will get the surprise site. Gus was kind enough to get our site number for us and we are in 414. Just an advanced warning for the neighbors, the DW says I snore but I think it's really her.

boatto5er
02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
We made it!! We took delivery of our Bighorn 3610RE just under a month ago and are still getting this owners thing figured out. We heard that we were invited to a big party and could get to know some great people, have some fun, and it was at the beach. What a bargain for us. We met Terry and Renee Deal through the web site and if everyone is as nice as they are; we definitely want to be a part of this group. We made resis to show up with the SC group coming from their Rally on Tuesday. We are Albert and Tamara Williams and we will add to the pet party with two Cavachons that love everyone they meet. THe folks at Hatteras did not give me a site number. I asked for one, but they said that they would give me one on arrival in the group sites. I see others with site numbers but I guess we will get the surprise site.

Welcome Albert and Tamara! It will be a pleasure to have you join us. I'm sending you an email to get a little more information for the rally, so look for that coming in soon. I think that you'll find that we're all as friendly and helpful as Terry and Renee (at least i hope so!). I'll contact the campground and get your site number verified and get that to you. I suspect our coordinator wasn't there and the other staff members sometimes forget to check the group reservations information, but that's easily fixable.

Gus

davebennington
02-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Albert and Tamara Williams, AKA simplelife,

If you send me a PM or by email (dyocum881@yahoo.com) with your t-shirt sizes I will add them to the growing list. There is NO COST to you as they are provided free thanks to Heartland. The shirts are available in ladies and mens so I will need the proper size for both. One more thought if no one has told you about the Heartland Owners Club let me be the first, the benefits are many first you get a membership in a club with a very elite group in addition a membership to Passport America, as well as a very nice numbered plaque to mount on you coach. To many other benefits to go in to here if you are interested contact me or Jim Beletti.

Terry and Renee are great people we met them at the dealer that we both purchased our units.

Dave & Julie

sdgrossman1994
02-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Hello All,
Just made my reservation for the rally. This will be my first rally with an RV and we are looking forward to it. We will be in site 342...so come on over and say hello. I look forward to meeting you all.

dbylinski
02-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Wow Gus,

This is great and name tags are a never ending business. Keep it up! I just love job security.

BTW at this rate you will have to do stats every hour!

boatto5er
02-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Hello All,
Just made my reservation for the rally. This will be my first rally with an RV and we are looking forward to it. We will be in site 342...so come on over and say hello. I look forward to meeting you all.

Welcome Scott and Becky - great to have you joining us! Check out Dave's post a couple up about the T-shirt order. I'll get you added to our rally list. Should have a "near final" agenda coming out soon. See you soon. Will contact you by email or PM for some more information.

Gus

boatto5er
02-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Wow Gus,

This is great and name tags are a never ending business. Keep it up! I just love job security.

Don't think I could keep up with that!!! However - we are up to 42 rigs, plus 2 more coming for display from Chesapeake RV Solutions.

boatto5er
02-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Wow Gus,

OK Deb, I accepted your challenge and added a couple of new categories:

# of Rigs = 44
# of People = 97
# of States = 12 (FL=1, IL=1, MD=3, MN=1, NC=10, NJ=2, OH=1, PA=2, SC=1, TN=1, VA=20, WV=1)
Shortest Drive = 37 miles (the Hall's, Kitty Hawk, NC)
Total Miles = 13,790
Avg Miles = 313
Earliest Arrival = Apr 25 (Hill's, FL and Mathis's, TN) (There may be more - my records are weak here )
First Time to Attend a Rally Organized by the “Virginians” = 17
Have attended all 3 rallies (including this one) organized by the “Virginians” = 9
Big Country = 8
Big Horn = 14
Cyclone = 2
Landmarks = 10
North Trail = 5
Sundance = 5

boatto5er
02-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Just recently added 2 other rigs to the attendee list:

Eric and Hallie Grubaugh, Rougemont, NC (Lazydaze)
John and Fran Stahl, Virginia Beach, VA (No forum screenname yet)

We're growing all the time!

Nabo
02-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Eric & Hallie, John and Fran - glad to have ya'll on board and can't wait to meet ya.

boatto5er
02-19-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm getting 10 more sites from the campground! That's gives us twelve left to fill. I'll also let the cat out of the bag. I have one "Waterview/premium" site available. HOWEVER, you cannot ask for it. At the end of March I will put all the names in a hat and let my 5 year old grandson pick one out. I will also have him draw a few alternates. I will then contact the lucky "drawees" in order to see if they want the site until someone says yes, they'll take it. PLEASE - DO NOT call the campground and ask for that site. They will not give it to you (at least they better not!). Good luck. We're at 44 rigs, + 2 demo rigs from Chesapeake RV right now and have 98 people coming.

Nabo
02-19-2010, 06:45 PM
OK Gus - the name is MATHIS - so go ahead and put it down on a nice big piece of paper. Let's see - please bend at least one corner for EZ pickup. Thanks (heehee)

boatto5er
02-19-2010, 09:56 PM
OK Gus - the name is MATHIS - so go ahead and put it down on a nice big piece of paper. Let's see - please bend at least one corner for EZ pickup. Thanks (heehee)

Hmmmm, maybe I should just do an Ebay auction...(just kidding!)

Nabo
02-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Question - Is the rally leaning toward a theme? Don't want to be caught shorthanded on deco.

ncrebel8
02-19-2010, 10:11 PM
One step closer to 100 people Gus. Niki and i will have my sister travelling with us. that make 99?

boatto5er
02-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Question - Is the rally leaning toward a theme? Don't want to be caught shorthanded on deco.

Hi Nathan,

No theme - just come as you are! (Well, within reason and legality)

boatto5er
02-20-2010, 10:24 AM
One step closer to 100 people Gus. Niki and i will have my sister travelling with us. that make 99?

That's 99, counting Tim and Jackie from Chesapeake RV.

iforget
02-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Nathan,

Like your theme idea Nathan as it sounds like you have something in mind. Surprise us! We have a traveling theme which we never change....

boatto5er
02-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi Nathan,

However, I will have my Pink Flamingoes prominently displayed!

Nabo
02-20-2010, 05:02 PM
I didn't know if a patriotic or carribean theme (since we are at the beach) would be in order. It's too late to do something like your "favorite college sport team" theme since march madness will be over. But the theme "just being me" will be fine also.

PSF513
02-20-2010, 06:42 PM
I'd be great with the patriotic theme. Hopefully, better weather conditions than last fall (we still have decorations from that attampt). Since we will be travelling up from the SC Rally the weekend before, we will arrive in plenty of time to help with whatever needs doing (KEITH: Make sure you have plenty of adult beverages as Larry & I will be thirsty). Can't wait for Spring, warmer weather, and getting the Big Country on the road again.

iforget
02-20-2010, 06:43 PM
I didn't know if a patriotic or carribean theme (since we are at the beach) would be in order. It's too late to do something like your "favorite college sport team" theme since march madness will be over. But the theme "just being me" will be fine also.
We are prepared to walk the plank for our cause!

iforget
02-20-2010, 06:45 PM
I'd be great with the patriotic theme. Hopefully, better weather conditions than last fall (we still have decorations from that attampt). Since we will be travelling up from the SC Rally the weekend before, we will arrive in plenty of time to help with whatever needs doing (KEITH: Make sure you have plenty of adult beverages as Larry & I will be thirsty). Can't wait for Spring, warmer weather, and getting the Big Country on the road again.
I know what you mean! I saw the sun today and hated that I couldnt just take a chair and sit all day. With the Camper covered it feels like a big Xmas package sitting there waiting for me to rip the wrapping off! The older I get the longer the winters but the years go faster?

porthole
02-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Like your theme idea.....

We have a traveling theme which we never change....

We do?

Surprise us!

I'll be surprised.

We are prepared to walk the plank for our cause!

Whats this "we" stuff - you have a mouse in your pocket?

klindgren
02-21-2010, 07:51 AM
(KEITH: Make sure you have plenty of adult beverages as Larry & I will be thirsty).
Let's see, if I start packing the camper now with adult beverages I might have enough for you and Larry by the time the end of April rolls around. Wish I could join you in SC and caravan up to Rodanthe with you all, but I plan on leaving here at zero dark thirty on Thursday the 29th so we'll have ample time to put a dent in the stockpile before Sunday rolls around. I agree with you Pete - I can't wait for Spring to get here. I wanna go camping sooooooo bad.....

Nabo
02-21-2010, 10:57 AM
OK - for fun - why don't all the guys let their beards grow out and wear an eye patch and the gals dress in over the shoulder blouses and aprons, then we will see who will walk the plank??? (heehee)

boatto5er
02-22-2010, 11:42 AM
OK - for fun - why don't all the guys let their beards grow out and wear an eye patch and the gals dress in over the shoulder blouses and aprons, then we will see who will walk the plank??? (heehee)

That wouldn't be fair - Keith has a headstart (you'll see when you get there)!

boatto5er
02-22-2010, 11:43 AM
We do?

I'll be surprised.

Whats this "we" stuff - you have a mouse in your pocket?

Glad to see you and Debbie are in sync!

klindgren
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
That wouldn't be fair - Keith has a headstart (you'll see when you get there)!

I have no idea what you are talking about Gus. Who's got a long beard??? If I don't want to walk the plank do I have to shave it off?? My elves, Pete and Larry wouldn't like that!!

hillsonwheels
02-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey.......been dealing with a few medical issues so late getting back with an offer to assist with the rally.. Since we are one of two rigs that will arrive early........sign us up to help. I want the beer sampling job!!!!;)

camperjohn08
02-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Just to let you know we changed our arrival date to the 27th of April thru the 4th of May... I called today and made the changes,,
As per the thread above... I would like to be on that Beer sampling detail also.. : o ))

boatto5er
02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Hey.......been dealing with a few medical issues so late getting back with an offer to assist with the rally.. Since we are one of two rigs that will arrive early........sign us up to help. I want the beer sampling job!!!!;)

Just to let you know we changed our arrival date to the 27th of April thru the 4th of May... I called today and made the changes,,
As per the thread above... I would like to be on that Beer sampling detail also.. : o ))

You've both got it. Only requirement is you have to supply the beer!

camperjohn08
02-26-2010, 09:15 PM
You've both got it. Only requirement is you have to supply the beer!
That's not what I heard... the Leader buys the beer and we hands drink it to make sure it's safe to drink... hence the Beer sampling detail.. : o ))

SouthernNights
02-27-2010, 05:37 AM
That's not what I heard... the Leader buys the beer and we hands drink it to make sure it's safe to drink... hence the Beer sampling detail.. : o ))

The leader buys the lobster...not the beer. Isn,t that right Gus?

Flying Dutchman
02-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Lobster, beer, sounds good to me. So good that I've changed my reservation with Merrin to arrive Monday 4/26. We will stay on until 5/4 when we leave for home. What a time we all are going to have!

davebennington
02-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi to All,

I have been thinking it is not a good idea to wait until the last minute to post the final request for T-shirt sizes just in case I did not get the correct size for everyone logged in. So please check the size and the number of shirts that you have requested.
If the size beside your name is blank you have not responded OR I did not enter it in the request correctly. Just let me know, we all make mistakes. By my count there are four people that I have not heard from.

Thanks,

Dave

mjatwalker
02-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Great Job Dave !!

Thanks, Mike

moose53
02-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Gus and Deb,

Just got off the phone with Merrin, we will be on site #392. Our plans are to arrive on Thursday the 29th. I sure hope I can get the Big Country out of the snow bank by then!

Harvey and Jan Eaton

boatto5er
02-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Gus and Deb,

Just got off the phone with Merrin, we will be on site #392. Our plans are to arrive on Thursday the 29th. I sure hope I can get the Big Country out of the snow bank by then!

Harvey and Jan Eaton

Harvey and Jan - great to have you joining us! Be sure to contact Dave Yocum (dyocum@yahoo.com) and give him your FREE t-shirt order. Look forward to meeting you in April. Also, could you send me an email (g_funderburg@yahoo.com) (be sure to put the underscore between the g and f) so I'll have your email address. Please include your hometown and day you'll be leaving Hatteras.

Gus

boatto5er
03-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Still the same # of rigs, gained one - lost one. New state = New York! New shortest drive = 73 miles.

# of Rigs = 44
# of People = 97
# of States = 13 (NY=1, FL=1, IL=1, MD=3, MN=1, NC=10, NJ=2, OH=1, PA=2, SC=1, TN=1, VA=20, WV=1)
Shortest Drive = 73miles (the Turner's, Currituck, NC)
Total Miles = 14,470
Avg Miles = 329
Earliest Arrival = Apr 25 (Hill's, FL and Mathis's, TN) (There may be more - my records are weak here )
First Time to Attend a Rally Organized by the “Virginians” = 18
Have attended all 3 rallies (including this one) organized by the “Virginians” = 9
Big Country = 9
Big Horn = 13
Cyclone = 2
Landmarks = 10
North Trail = 5
Sundance = 5

hillsonwheels
03-06-2010, 09:39 PM
OOPS!!! :o Mispoke!!! :o Gettin' old ain't for sissies especially if you suffer from CRS (can't remember stuff?) My participation in the beer samplin' will have to wait until the 27th. We had decided to be part of the caravan up from Willow Tree. Might be needed to help fight off some indians or something. :rolleyes: Or do they only attack wagon trains? :confused:

Dick

Nabo
03-06-2010, 10:07 PM
7 weeks and counting down till the 25th. Hope it will be warmer by then - out camping now and it's still in the 40's today and mid 20's last night & tonight. Weatherman says maybe in the mid 50's tomorrow. Foots - we're packing up to go home then :(. Ah well - at least got the first shakedown of the season in. See ya'll soon :).

trdeal
03-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Gus will be coming to Camp Hattaras on the 27th with the group from Willow Tree.Just thought I would let you know.

boatto5er
03-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Well - time is flying by and it'll be full blown rally time soon. I have to get my order for Heartland "goodies" in to Martin Marketing soon because I will be working at Research Triangle Park in the Raleigh-Durham area for awhile starting soon. I have to have my shipment from Martin in to my house in Virginia no later than Apr 17. In order to give them plenty of lead time to get everything made/put together/shipped to me, I have to get my order in before the end of this month, so I'm setting Mar 21 as the deadline for reserving a spot at the Eastern Rally to be assured you get all the promotional items we're giving out. This includes a Heartland Hitch Cover, a Heartland Mug, a Heartland Hat, and 2 Heartland Keychains for each trailer. Also Dave Yocum has to have your T-shirt order no later than Mar 31, so if you've been on the fence on deciding to come or not - you've gotta make up your mind soon if you want to get the "freebies". You can still sign up after Mar 21, but I can't guarantee I'll have enough items to give out for everyone signing up after that date. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Cape Hatteras!

boatto5er
03-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Well - time is flying by and it'll be full blown rally time soon. I have to get my order for Heartland "goodies" in to Martin Marketing soon because I will be working at Research Triangle Park in the Raleigh-Durham area for awhile starting soon. I have to have my shipment from Martin in to my house in Virginia no later than Apr 17. In order to give them plenty of lead time to get everything made/put together/shipped to me, I have to get my order in before the end of this month, so I'm setting Mar 21 as the deadline for reserving a spot at the Eastern Rally to be assured you get all the promotional items we're giving out. This includes a Heartland Hitch Cover, a Heartland Mug, a Heartland Hat, and 2 Heartland Keychains for each trailer. Also Dave Yocum has to have your T-shirt order no later than Mar 31, so if you've been on the fence on deciding to come or not - you've gotta make up your mind soon if you want to get the "freebies". You can still sign up after Mar 21, but I can't guarantee I'll have enough items to give out for everyone signing up after that date. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Cape Hatteras!

Unfortunately, I have to play the bad guy now:(. TODAY is the last day to get your rally reservation in and ensure you get all the rally benefits. I'm ordering a couple of extras of everything so I have just a little slack, but not much. My order to Martin Marketing for Rally Goodies goes in tomorrow (Tuesday, Mar 23). So if you want to attend, get your reservations into the campground and me ASAP!

For everyone already signed up, we're really looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll put a few last minute specifics out as we get into April.

See you all soon!

BTW - I want to announce the birth of our newest grandbaby! Anna Joy Funderburg was born 3 weeks early on Friday, Mar 19, at 4:10pm. Mom and baby are both doing great and are at home now.

Gus

camperjohn08
03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Great News Gus on the arrivial of your Grand Daughter... and OH YES.. can't wait till the rally starts......: o ))

Nabo
03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Congratulations grandpa/grandma and thankful that everyone is well.

Flying Dutchman
03-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Congratulations to the parents and grandparents of Anna Joy. Glad that Mom and Anna are home and doing well. Does Anna want to go camping?