• Reservation Contact: Merrin Alderman
  • (252) 987-2777
  • www.camphatteras.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes - No Fee
  • WiFi available: Yes - Free
Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 50
  • Site fee: $45 per night (good for up to a seven day stay).
  • Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
  • Non-Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
  • Potluck: Partial - meals will be provided Fri and Sat night and Sat morning (Sunday evening Potluck for late departees)
  • Event Leader: boat to 5er (click to contact)

Rally Image Gallery:

Click here to view the rally pictures

Additional Info:

** NOTE: The address in the above map is not the mailing address for the park, but was required for the map to display correctly and should work to get you to the location.

Merrin is available from 8:30 to 4:00 except on Thursday and Friday. Also, be sure to get a site # and post your site and anticipated arrival and departure dates (early arrivals and late departures are welcome) on this forum thread. Those dates are important so we will have an understanding of how many will be present on any given day so we can plan (or at least consider) optional activities. This was the site of the Virginia Chapter 2009 Fall Rally and is a terrific venue. All sites are back-ins and include water, 30/50amp electric, sewer, 99 channel cable TV, and great Wi-Fi service.

Join us for fun, food, informative seminars, comraderie, and goodies. All attendees will receive a Heartland Owners Club Rally T-Shirt, a Heartland Mug, a Heartland Hat, and 2 Heartland Keychains (Contact Dave Yocum: day881@hughes.net to order your T-Shirt). There will also be multiple door prizes at both Friday and Saturday night dinners. Prizes include a 10 unit Tire Pressure monitoring system courtesy of Truck Systems Technology, a $35 gift certificate to the Camp Hatteras gift shop, Heartland Owners Club Flags, and many others. A big thanks goes out to the Heartland Owners Club, Truck Systems Technology, Chesapeake RV Solutions, Camp Hatteras, the National Park Service, and the many volunteers working to make this rally a big success.

Area Attractions:

Attachments

• kitesurfer.JPG
    kitesurfer.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Camp Hatteras 001.jpg
    Camp Hatteras 001.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by a moderator:

Jim & Harriet

hi Gus,
It was a great place / rally, but does this mean that Jim, Max and I will not be able to have our ocean-view site? Was that considered "premier?" I am disappointed...:(

Last edited:

timdebs

Debbie and I just booked we are site #378. Debbie B. hope you don't mind us being your neighbors.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
hi Gus,
It was a great place / rally, but does this mean that Jim, Max and I will not be able to have our ocean-view site? Was that considered "premier?" I am disappointed...:(

Sorry, we have fewer waterfront (premier) sites available than we did for the fall rally. Since this is a multi-state sponsored rally, I had to make a few concessions for Chapter Leaders, etc.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Tim that's great and we would be honored to be your neighbor. Who wouldn't want to be parked next to that beautiful Landmark? But we are in 382. I called to reconfirm my site number after your post because I thought I had it wrong.

PSF513

2010 East Cost Rally

Well, its official. The rally has started to fill up and go down hill. Deb & I have reserved site 381 so let the party begin (GUS: Don't forget the lobsters again this year):angel:

boatto5er

Well, its official. The rally has started to fill up and go down hill. Deb & I have reserved site 381 so let the party begin (GUS: Don't forget the lobsters again this year):angel:

I was hoping that would slide right by...oh well, welcome back Pete!

camperjohn08

Just made a call and our site they gave us is #323.... We will arrive thursday 29 April and leave Monday 3 May 2010.... Hopefully the site will still be our's when we arrive??.

John & Nancy Latham

HOC # 1301

Correction.....We are now in Site 325... Was given the wrong site last night... Our Revised Arrivial and departure dates are as follows:
Arrive Wed 28 April ..Depart Monday 3 May 2010... (I made these changes today..14 Oct 2009)
John

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Another rally!! Ya Hooo!
Just made reservations. We are in site #379 arriving Wednesday 4/28. This will be the best rally ever (at least in the month of April:D). Looking forward to seeing "all yawl" real soon.:cool:

boatto5er

Well everyone - the campground is REALLY messing up. They are assigning the waterfront sites that they shouldn't be assigning. As a matter of fact, they put Pete Fortin on the same site with me! (OK Larry and Keith, you can start making the jokes now). Hope no one gets too upset, but I have to call the campground tomorrow and try to straighten this out. Guess that's why they pay me the big bucks (wait - they don't pay me:eek:!) Please hold off calling in for site assignments until I get this straightened out on Tuesday.

boatto5er

I have spoken with the campground and they are ready to start taking reservations again. AT THIS TIME, THERE ARE NO MORE WATERFRONT SITES AVAILABLE :(, SORRY. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused a few folks. When you call for reservations, ask to speak to Merrin, the rally coordinator. Merrin works 8:30 - 4:00 daily, except for Thursday and Friday, her days off. NOTE: This week only (Oct 5-10) she is off Wednesday and Thursday. The other staff are so excited to have people making reservations during this slow time of the year that they don't always check all the notes in their reservation system. I will be individually contacting those who have already called in if we had to make site assignment changes for them.

Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Gus

fordtech 2008

ok just made reservations we will be on site 390. we will be there on april 30 and leave may 3.

Last edited:

Hudson

We're baaaack

Yup, ... just got off the phone with the very sweet Merrin ... We'll be parked in "our spot" -- the same spot we just had, #379, right next to the new NC chapter leaders. Boy am I glad to be next to you guys. I want a rally in the NC mountains and now that you've got that territory, I gotta talk y'all into a pig munchin' rally! In fact weren't you wearing an ASU shirt as you were packing up to leave?

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
We will be on site 386. As currently scheduled, we will pull in on 27 April and stay through 3 May. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and introducing ourselves to those we haven't had the pleasure of meeting. If this rally is any comparison to the Virginia fall rally, it won't be one to miss.

Kevin

PSF513

NC Rally

I asked for Merrin and she had left. The guy claimed to find the info and said that 381 was available. NOW WHAT?

timdebs

Hudson, same here. trdeal lives up in the mountains and said they would be glad to help finding a campground in the mountains. I have a pig cooker so could very easily turn a "pig pickin" into a "pig munchin", never heard it called that before.

Hudson

I asked for Merrin and she had left. The guy claimed to find the info and said that 381 was available. NOW WHAT?

Whoever was "the guy" gave you a spot (#381) that was already assigned to someone else (a chapter leader whose reservation was entered before the rally was announced). Since "the guy" made that mistake for several people, Gus had to call Merrin this morning and get everyone who was accidentally booked onto "already taken" sites moved onto other sites. From what I understand, Gus and Merrin have finished this migration and the campground records are up-to-date.

You can ask Gus if he knows which site you got moved onto or you can call the campground back and ask them which site you got moved onto.

Ummm, of course, I'm not the wagonmaster for this particular rally so I don't speak officially for them. Officially, the handling of the campground, camp sites, and reservations is Gus' bag. I'm just speaking from what I've heard and how things happened with this campground for the East Coast Luau.

boatto5er

OK - I think all is corrected on site assignments and the campground and I and all involved are in sync. This was not a pleasant, or easy, situation to get corrected and I unfortunately stepped on some toes:(, including my own, and hope that all is forgiven now.

On a very positive note, I confirmed this evening that Jim Beletti, the National Heartland Owners Club President will be at the rally!:D Thanks Jim!

Hudson

Hudson, same here. trdeal lives up in the mountains and said they would be glad to help finding a campground in the mountains.
Turns out I'm kin to trdeal's wife I just found out ... so that would make the next rally like a family reunion maybe?
I have a pig cooker so could very easily turn a "pig pickin" into a "pig munchin", never heard it called that before.
Is having a pig cooker a requirement for being the NC chapter's leader? I think it ought to be.

I had a good friend who attended ASU. He and his buddies used the term "pig munchin" for two different things: either an event full of barbecue, but not a whole cooked pig, or an event that had a whole cooked pig, plus lots of other pig products too (mostly other people's boston butts cooked up).

BTW, I was so happy to see all the cooked pork at the East Coast Luau ... y'all North Carolinians sure know how to make a pig taste like heaven...

Status
Not open for further replies.