2010 Ohio Chapter - Heartland Owner's Rally

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I went ahead and gave Jim B. the dates to post for our Second Annual Ohio Rally. Dates will be July 9,10 & 11th. Location to be determined along with everything else. My intention for the 2010 Rally is that we head from Ohio right to the National Rally in Nashville. Ideally I would like to find a campground along I-71 and south of Columbus to minimize traffic. Well we have time to think that one over. Anyway thought we should try to nail down the dates as soon as possible.

Mark

fcycle

Hello Mark. I don't know if you have selected a campground for the OH Heartland rally or not. If you want to stay near I-71 south of Columbus there is Caesar's Creek state park near the SR73 exit and Waynesville. As you probably know the state parks do not have sewers. Caesar's Creek is near Waynesville which has a lot of antique stores. YThere is a Der Dutchman Amish restaurant there also. There is a sizable flea market at the SR73/I-71 interchange. This location is also near the outlet stores in Jeffersonville. Finally, it is close to Dayton and tghe USAF Museum.

Just a thought.

Two other campgrounds in this same area are:

http://www.beechwoodacres.com/
http://www.frontiercamping.com/

Good luck!

Fred Meyers
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
2005 Ram 3500 Quadcab TCD LWB DRW 4X2

mrcomer

Thanks for the info Fred. I am familiar with all of these. Most are within 15-20 minutes from my home. I may have it at the 1000trails campground that is just around the corner from the flea market on US 380.

Mark

loafer

Mark we are planning to be at your rally everything being well. We are planning a x- Canada trip returning thru the US and think we can make it to your rally.Please keep us informed as to when and how to make our registration when you get the campground figured out.
Thanks
Bill from the west coast of Canada

imchud

You also might want to check out Alumn Creek.. Just Off 71 on Rt 36, north of the City by about 10 miles. Very nice place...

Tommy

tom p

tomp
Hi Mark tomp though might think about cross creek(near alam creek state park) voted #2 last year in ohio. Let me knoe asap where you might go so I can make planes. We are going to the rally in Nashville. Thanks tomp

mrcomer

Hey Tom,
Good to hear from you. I actually have been considering Cross Creek. I have read about it in the campground magazine that I passed out last year at our local rally. Looks pretty nice but a bit pricey like KOA. Tell Nancy I said "hey".

Mark

tom p

tomp
Mark how do you like your prodigy brake controler. Mine need to be adjusted all the time. help tomp

mrcomer

Hey Tom,
I like my Prodigy controller pretty well. I too find that I will adjust it from time to time. Much better than my previous controller.

Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I had a Prodigy controller until I bought my new truck with the built in controller. The only adjustment I ever did was to adjust the boost on it up or down depending whether I was in town or not.

mrcomer

Just a quick note that we are still looking at campgrounds. I just sent John a link to a campground north of Columbus that we may want to consider. We will keep you posted and hope to tie up this loose end soon.

Mark