disappointed with magic chef customer service

thomasinnv

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i wanted to express my dis-pleasure. We bought our 2010 sundance about 5 months ago. After only a few uses of the stove top, the paint on the stove top grate started coming off and the grate now has rust and corrosion on it. my servicing dealer contacted magic chef to get a replacement grate under warranty, and they refused. they say it is my fault and it must be because of improper cleaning. after only a few months of use the grate shouldn't be corroding and paint coming off. I am very disappointed in their response. Heartland has been awesome in helping resolve similar issues in the past with warranty issues, hopefully they will come through for me once again.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
First thing I would do is contact Heartland Customer service and discuss your issue with them.

jimtoo

Hi thomasinnv,

I moved your thread to a new area, hopefully a better area to get responses to your problem.

I would contact Heartland customer service and ask for help. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Jim M

optic

Hi, did you resolve the problem with the grate? I purchased a 2010 3300rlb and had it shipped to the UK, where I am now full timeing as you in the USA would say. I noticed the same thing on my cooker top when it was brand new and never used, only in small areas and not a huge problem but it is interesting they are blaming you for the cause when it is the same on mine.