Bedroom TV stand/mount for Bighorn

azbound

I have an 09 Bighorn and need help. Has anyone ordered the TV stand that mounts in the bedroom? My 09 just has a shelf for the TV, the problem is that the TV only stands straight up. If I try to tilt it forward it wants to fall out of the shelf. I believe the 2010 models have a stand or mounting or hang the TV on that tilts the TV forward. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
azbound, we have a 2008 model Bighorn so I guess the concept is the same. I went to BestBuy and bought a TV wall mount. It swivels and tilts. I mounted it to the solid wood frame of the side of the cabinet. HERE is a link to the discussion. Works great.

Peace
Dave

rick_debbie_gallant

Okey, I have the 3670 and was thinking on mounting to the wall itself. I would assume:eek: that the wall in the area of the television shelf has been beefed up with the forethought of owners hanging their televisions from the wall. Am I correct?

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Our '09 bighorn has the bedroom tv mounted on the shelf at an angle toward the bed. it is permanent, no swivel or tilt adjustment, but it is just right for viewing. came that way, maybe the factory had various solutions to mount tv's. God Bless ya, Al W

DMitch

Azbound - I am going to my camper this afternoon. I will take some pics for you that will show how the TV is mounted in my 2010 from the factory. I think it would be easy to do and cost very little.

Dan

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I took our analog TV out of the bedroom TV cabinet and bought a 19 inch digital LCD. To mount it I mounted a board on 1x1s and the mounted that inside the front frame of the cabinet. I then mounted a wall mount for the tv to the board. The mount will tilt up and down. To travel I secure it with a strap. Works great.

azbound

azbound, we have a 2008 model Bighorn so I guess the concept is the same. I went to BestBuy and bought a TV wall mount. It swivels and tilts. I mounted it to the solid wood frame of the side of the cabinet. HERE is a link to the discussion. Works great.

Peace
Dave

Dave thanks for the information. I followed your advise and went down to Best Buy bought the wall mount, installed it yesterday and it works great. Wife is now a happy camper during Monday Night Football. This is what this forum is all about.

Thanks to all that responded for my request for advise/help.

Enjoy the Road