Super Glide Hitch

smday

Well i have bought the horse before the wagon as some would say. I'm finalizing the papers today. Bought an 09 GMC 3500 dullay (Long box of course). In my 2500 i have the 18k super glide hitch. Just want some input on weather i should keep this hitch now or should i change it up. (Don't plan on buying a trailer over 18k) I wouldn't need the slide hitch now that i have the long box or should i just keep it. I was told that these are the cadillac of all hitches. Just some thoughts from you guys and gals that have a little more experience with hitches than i do. If i where to change it what are some good recommendations. Trailer hasen't been bought yet.

2010augusta

Personally I would try to sell/trade in the slider, and get a good stationary hitch. I have seen BAD things happen with the glider when it is turned to far. There are not any issues with stationary hitches, and I have turned my truck and trailer past 90 degrees while driving forward and making a U-turn on a narrow street.

porthole

Retired
I have a superglide and it works great, but if I had a long box I Would sell it.

Just too heavy to move my yourself when lighter options are available and you don't need the slide.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Had one, used it in a long bed, had absolutely no issues with it. The newer pickup came with a B&W. Good hitch, but we still liked the Super Glide better.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I have the 18K superglide hitch with a short bed and we love it. It works forward and backward. The only negative is you have to hit the hitch right straight on every time not from the side as other hitches allow. With a long bed, its your choice, however, it is heavy and we leave ours in full time, as the only time we use our truck is when we are towing our bighorn. So if you want to get a non slide hitch that u can remove easier, go for it if its your choice to do so. I am happy as a pig in s**t with ours. Sometimes u get into a tight spot and its nice to have. Just IMHO. Most folks who see our autoglide love it and want to know how to obtain one.

driver311

sell the super glide and keep the rails . buy a regular hitch from pull right and put it on the rails.

driver311:angel::angel:

smday

Thanks for the advice and information everyone. I have decided to trade off the super glide and go with a another Hitch. Thinking of the Husky ones. What are your thoughts on Husky Hitches.