Subscribe to Forums, not Threads

sprehoda

Would it be possible to fix the Forum to be able to subscribe to specific forums and not just specific threads?

porthole

Retired
Along with that suggestion; is there a switch to be notified of new posts to watched or answered threads - BUT - only the first new post?

A similar forum I belong to uses the same software I think. With that forum when I get notifications it is only for the first new post and the link takes you to that new post, not the end of the thread.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you click on the little check mark in front of the title it takes you to the first new post.

T

test user

Would it be possible to fix the Forum to be able to subscribe to specific forums and not just specific threads?

It is possible :)

Go to a forum that you want to subscribe to but do not click on any of the thread links.

Look over to the right for Forum Tools. Click it and then select "Subscribe to this Forum".

See attached image.

Jim

Attachments

• FirefoxScreenSnapz093.jpg
    FirefoxScreenSnapz093.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 17
T

test user

Along with that suggestion; is there a switch to be notified of new posts to watched or answered threads - BUT - only the first new post?

A similar forum I belong to uses the same software I think. With that forum when I get notifications it is only for the first new post and the link takes you to that new post, not the end of the thread.

That's a new one on me Duane. Email me the URL to the other forum and I'll see if we can figure it out.

Jim

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Jim is exactly right. First go to a forum that interests you, subscribe to the forum under forum tools. Whenever u find a thread that u have interest in, simply do the same thing and go to forum thread and subscribe to that thread only.
A smart idea would be to go to the main forum first. Pick out the forums that u like, press the link and one by one go to forum tools and subscribe to each forum. After that, follow my example of subscribing only to threads that interest u. Each time a thread comes up in a forum u are interested in, simply open that thread and go to forum tools and subscribe only to that particular thread. At the top of the thread it will ask you if you want to go to view first unread. If that thread or forum no longer holds your interests just unsubscribe individually, and you wont get any notifications of that thread or forum.
This does not require being a rocket scientist. Anytime u have a question feel free to ask.