Sundance owner

We have a 2010 Sundance 3000rk that we purchased in July, 2009. I had the dealer fill the fresh water holding tank to the 1/3 mark. Since I don't like the added weight of a full tank of water, I have since then continued to maintain the 1/3 fill point. Boondockiing last week, I decided to fillup. After topping off (water started running out the fill spout) I noticed that the meter still showed 1/3 full. To confirm how much water was in the tank, I drained it completely, taking measurement of what came out. 22 gallons doesn't seem like enough for the fresh water holding tank. Any ideas???????????

MC9

If there is even a bubble in the vent line, the darn thing won't fill. I have a short piece of hose the right diameter and give a quick blow in the vent opening, then it fills OK. Others have used other methods.

Had that problem on a prior rv. It had a kink in the air line vent. Straightened it out and it filled just fine. With 22 gals in why would the monitor still read 1/3 full??

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Fresh water tank holds 57 gallons. The gauges are notoriously unreliable. 22 isn't too far off from 1/3 given that variable.

D

Dave Willis

I am sending this over to our service department to see if they can help you.

Thanks,

Duramax1

I had a problem filling my water tank as it wouldn't fill to the maximum. Opened up the access port behind the UDC and determined that the air vent line from the tank was kinked which was causing the problem.