Have to get new axles

tinkers

Full timers
Well, just when we thought we had everything FINALLY fixed on our Big Horn, found out we have to have new axles. Apparently Al Ko sent out a batch without enough camber, so tires are going fast. All tires have excessive wear on inside & right rear worn more then the rest, suggesting axle allignment was bad.
Dealer has asked for new axles and 4 new tires.....we hope they come soon, ordered 1 week ago, since we are full time and only returned home to pick up new recliners (ours fell apart...surprise, surprise), and have a wire basket pantry installed to replace the heavy wooden one that wouldn't stay closed and kept pulling out at the top. If you have the old style pantry, I can highly recommend having it replaced....it's wonderful!!!

Logan & Pat
Big Horn 3400RL #455

tinkers

Full timers
Had the new axles and tires installed yesterday by our dealer. You could definitely see the additional amount of arch in the new axles!!! Got 4 new tires also. The factory wouldn't spring for more then the cheapest tires, so we "upgraded". Will be heading out from St. Louis for Wyoming & Glacier Montana on Saturday, so will give them a workout!!!

Tinkers
Logan & Pat
Big Horn 3400 #455

jpmorgan37

Hi Logan and Pat;
I'm curious, which factory wouldn't go for the new tires, Al Ko or Heartland? Seems to me that the inconvenience of being without your coach for three weeks and having to transport it to the dealer for repairs should be worth something.

tinkers

Full timers
Sorry, didn't mean to imply we have been out of luck for 3 weeks! We live full time, and just had to wait for the axles to arrive and had some other things to take care of, and had to wait to get an appt. And it was the Heartland Factory that chose the type of tire we were to get. We hope this is the end of our seemingly never ending problems!!! Our dealer said he would love to see us come by just to say hi!!! LOL. They have been wonderful with us.....seems we are fortunate to have found such a dealer!

Logan & Pat
Big Horn 3400 #455

Paul & Nan

Logan and Pat
Glad you guys are back on the road-We have not checked our axels since Pat emailed me earlier this week. Know that Colemans campers both in St Louis area and Springfied(our dealer) are wonderful. Good luck on your trip to the NW.

We put a new microwave in our unit as the Apollo one that came in the unit was replaced after giving up in June, and gave up again after 3 uses, this past weekend. Not near as bad as tires and axels, but aggravating none the less. We bought a Panasonic at Best Buy and with some modification it fits the old plastic shroud, so it looks OK.

Take care Nan