Question: Can we belong to 2 different chapters

happycampernc

We are close to VA/NC border so we have gone to the VA chapter rally this past month. We had a real good time. At that time we didnt have a chapter leader for NC. Can we belong to both or do we have to stay with VA chapter? I really like the VA chapter some real nice people in it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't think there are any specific rules regarding Chapter membership. I would think the chapter leaders for each would have you on a contact list for notifications. As H.O.C. members we are free to attend any chapters functions. It's a great way to meet owners other than at the National Rally.

davebennington

Marj,

I believe Ray is correct you can attend any rally from any chapter, However the address that you have registered in the HOC will be sent to the Chapter Leader for updates, ETC.... So I do not see any reason that you could not belong to several chapters. If we are wrong I am sure Jim will correct us.

Dave

jbeletti

Hi Marj,

Ray and Dave and on the right track. For you and anyone interested, here's how it works:

1. "At this time", Club membership is not required to attend any Heartland Owners Club Rally across North America. At some point. being a Club Member to attend a Club function will likely become a requirement. But we're still in our infancy - nearly one year old :) So we're still crawling and nearly taking baby steps :)
  2. A single home chapter must be chosen (see attachment). When you join the Club, you make a selection. That selection can be changed by you and it does not have to match the home address you have listed. Click here to review/edit your information in the Member Manager.
  3. When you select a specific Club Chapter, you are in that Chapter Leader's sights and that is the Chapter you will "hear from". But by all means, watch the Rallies module on the Portal and join in on the fun, anywhere it interests you :)

Attachments

• FirefoxScreenSnapz094.jpg
    FirefoxScreenSnapz094.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 25

happycampernc

Thanks for the info guys. We are members of the VA chapter. We got our number when we were at the Rally in Rodanthe. If the opporunity comes up where we can go to a NC rally I'm sure that we will go just to see other Heartlanders.

fordtech 2008

thanks gus we are glad to be in it. we met alot of nice people at the rally and look foreward to meeting more at the next one.