Time to Plan the 2010 Oregon Rally!

Which weekend would you like to come to the Oregon Rally in 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Everyone!

We had a great time at the Oregon rally last year and we want to do it again.

Its time to start thinking about what weekend people would like to use for the rally next year. I want to get a date set so people, including Jim B. have enough time to plan on coming.

I'm out of school officially on June 4. We could do the weekend of June 11-13 or June 25-27. I would rather we not go into July since it would be nice if Jim could come this year and he can't do that during the part of July we could do the rally. He has a little rally of his own to run about then. :D

LOTS of people said they want to go back to Winchester Bay next year. That is fine with us and it would give us a chance to talk more about what we want to do the year after that. LOTS of people also had a good time going to Seven Feathers on their way to Winchester Bay and the caravan over was a big success. So please don't rule out coming to the rally because its not at a big venue like Seven Feathers. I think we can do both again. Who knows, maybe Mark and I can join the caravan if it happens next year...

We have several more owners in Oregon this year than we did last year and we'll pick up more before the rally, so spread the word and help us decide which dates work best for the majority of people.

Kristy and Mark

2010augusta

We might be able to come down from WA for a weekend. We have not been able to make it to a rally yet, but this might be one that we could get to. And Molly and Baxter would love to meet Lucy!

Paul & Nan

We will be in the Vancouver, WA area from about the 1st of June. DGD graduates from OSU June 14. Any other dates till the end of June we would love to join you are we are going more, or less, full time beginning mid January. We are looking to take a caravan to Alaska starting late June. Hope to see ya all down the road. Nan

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Alan, Lucy would love to met Molly and Baxter and our new Doxie would give them a run for their money.

Nan, I thought all of the graduations were on weekends. I didn't know OSU graduated on Monday. Even if the rally ends up the 11th - 13th, you could be in Corvallis for graduation Sunday afternoon in plenty of time for the festivities on Monday.

Kristy

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We can go either weekend. I loved Winchester and would like to go back. We also had great fun with the caravan from Seven Feathers. Hope we will have more time off next year so we can extend our trip.

azbound

We will do our best to be there, as we are not coast people we would prefer Seven Feathers, but the coast will have to do. Hope 2 C U there.

Draco Dog

Yikes, planning already for June of next year. I can definitely understand planning ahead. If we are in the area, we would love to attend the Oregon Rally next year. Just not sure where we will be. Either week would be OK.

We spent one night @ Seven Feathers. Loved the place.

We are both retired now and want to start doing more traveling. I am anxious to meet some of the people that we correspond with.

We finally sold our home, after 1 1/2 years of it being on the market. What a good thing that is.

We are camped right now @ Seaside, Oregon. It's a Leisure Time resort. We just love the town of Seaside. It's a shopper's delight. We are here now because both of us are veterans and have appointments in Warrenton, OR and Seaside is real close by. The weather here has been perfect, running around 70 degrees during the day.

After the doc appointments, we plan on heading down highway 101 along the California coast line and then to Arizona, where my daughter lives.

We are also thinking of making a trip up to Alaska. We spent many years up there working. So, Paul and Nan, if you are forming a caravan, let us know. Maybe we can join in.

We just came back from a 10,000 mile trip, we were gone for 5 months. I learned just how beautiful our country is.

We have 4 kids between us. All living in different states. From Arizona, to Indiana, to North Dakota, to Idaho. What a lovely trip we had.

So with that trip behind us, we would like to see different scenery. Alaska, as with all our states, is truely beautiful.

bigredtruck

either weekend looks OK so far. The later one we could make work with our July 1 holiday perhaps. We'd love to go back to Winchester Bay but aren't really picky.

Gaffer

As new owners, we are looking forward to our first rally. I voted for the second weekend and would be interested in spending a night at Seven Feathers then convoying over to the coast.

PJ and Karol
Gresham, Oregon

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Would love to join our first rally in beautiful Oregon, either date is acceptable. Please keep us posted on place and time. we love the sisters/bend area and want to explore more of the state. Thanks, and God Bless ya all. Al W

This is exciting! I can't wait to meet other Heartland owners. My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip this weekend--and we're bringing champagne! We're headed to Silverton! I'll look forward to hearing more details. Thanks Mark and Kristy for reaching out to me!

Paul & Nan

Alan, Lucy would love to met Molly and Baxter and our new Doxie would give them a run for their money.

Nan, I thought all of the graduations were on weekends. I didn't know OSU graduated on Monday. Even if the rally ends up the 11th - 13th, you could be in Corvallis for graduation Sunday afternoon in plenty of time for the festivities on Monday.

Kristy

It seems they have changed graduation a zillion times--I am sure of the date cause it is the day before my birthday. Problem with the weekend before is that DD is planning a big party in Vancouver, WA, where she lives. Granddaughter is recieving her Masters, only grandchild, gotta be there. Nan

Paul & Nan

Yikes, planning already for June of next year. I can definitely understand planning ahead. If we are in the area, we would love to attend the Oregon Rally next year. Just not sure where we will be. Either week would be OK.

We spent one night @ Seven Feathers. Loved the place.

We are both retired now and want to start doing more traveling. I am anxious to meet some of the people that we correspond with.

We finally sold our home, after 1 1/2 years of it being on the market. What a good thing that is.

We are camped right now @ Seaside, Oregon. It's a Leisure Time resort. We just love the town of Seaside. It's a shopper's delight. We are here now because both of us are veterans and have appointments in Warrenton, OR and Seaside is real close by. The weather here has been perfect, running around 70 degrees during the day.

After the doc appointments, we plan on heading down highway 101 along the California coast line and then to Arizona, where my daughter lives.

We are also thinking of making a trip up to Alaska. We spent many years up there working. So, Paul and Nan, if you are forming a caravan, let us know. Maybe we can join in.

We just came back from a 10,000 mile trip, we were gone for 5 months. I learned just how beautiful our country is.

We have 4 kids between us. All living in different states. From Arizona, to Indiana, to North Dakota, to Idaho. What a lovely trip we had.

So with that trip behind us, we would like to see different scenery. Alaska, as with all our states, is truely beautiful.

We are looking at the tracksrvtours caravan to Alaska, which leaves Dawson Creek, BC 6/26. Escapees works with this group so they should be good. They are running a special thru the end of the year, 10% off and reduced reservation deposit. Itenerary looks good to us. Would love to have fellow Heartlanders to buddy with. Nan

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Wow, lots of quick responses, even one from TX!

Right now there is a pretty even split between the dates with the later weekend being just a little ahead. We'll have to wait for the Central CA rally to end and people to get home so we can hear from that bunch too.

Everyone is invited, no matter what Heartland brand you own, and each owner can bring a friend with an SOB. I'll announce how to make reservations when the date is settled and I'm thinking about selling long sleeved t-shirts as a fund raiser this year with the rally logo on them if people are interested enough to make a minimum order. We have lots of time to decide that though.

We're taking off on a short trip this weekend, but I'll check back soon.

Kristy

RVFun4Us

Hello all Oregon Chapter Heartland RVers! We voted for the 1st weekend. We leave for OR ST. Park Hosting assignment for July. We hope we can catch up with everyone this time around! The house finally sold after 3 yrs. and our move is now complete to Central OR. We're anxious to get back on the road again!
Safe Travels to all

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sheri,
Congrats on the house sale! That's tough to do in this town right now. We look forward to seeing you at a rally. Hopefully the dates work out so lots of people can come this year.

Kristy

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Kristy,
I don't know if anyone has thought about going to the Heartland National rally in Nashville, TN on July 15th. We would only have 18 days at most to make it across the country from Oregon rally, if it was held on June 25-27th, so I vote for June 13-15th, so we can leisurly make it 2500 miles to Nashville, taking our time, seeing our beautiful country along the way. Anyone who wants to caravan there from Oregon, let us know, as we would love to have some company along the way.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sorry everyone! I need to ask this question differently to get better data.

Everyone, please go to Oregon Rally Poll version 2 to vote again.

Moderators, could you please close this thread and send people to the new poll? Thanks.
Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.