Where's the water pump in a 22FDS?

seaweaver

We are getting ready to winterize our 22FDS and we cannot find a couple of important items. Does anyone know where the water pump is? I must have seen it while camping, but now when we need it, we cannot find it. Once we find the pump, will there be a winterizing hose there, or do we need to buy one?

We also are wondering how you gain access to the back of the water heater where the bypass should be. The logical place to look is under the back bed, but bed board is screwed down so well that it doesn't seem like Heartland wants you to go there. I looked through all the paperwork and manuals that came with the trailer, and the location of these important items is not discussed.

We appreciate all the helpful folks who are on this forum. Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Edmonton

I have a 28BHS but yours may be in the same place.

My pump is under one side of the dinette. The wood was screwed down here when the trailer was new and had to be removed to gain access. It has the winterizing hose and valve attached ready to go.

The water heater bypass is under our back bed and it too was screwed in place. You will have to remove the screws to gain access to the valves. I just leave them out as the plywood stays in place.

David