Quick Disconnects from Propane Tank

sprehoda

Has anyone added quick disconnect tubing from the door side propane tank?

My DW refuses to let me cook bacon or sausages in the kitchen so I will have to use a Coleman stove outside connected to the propane tank instead of one pound bottles.

Would also work nice for a Weber Baby Q.

2010augusta

I have a 4' hose that will thread into the 40# tank and the camp stoves, works great to replace a 1# bottle. Some of the Heartlands have a port factory installed on the door-side, but some people are having issues with the propane being double regulated, and having to buy special hose to connect the quick-disconnect to the camp stove and bypassing the camp stove regulator.

rmelder

LSU5000
I have a 4' hose that will thread into the 40# tank and the camp stoves, works great to replace a 1# bottle. Some of the Heartlands have a port factory installed on the door-side, but some people are having issues with the propane being double regulated, and having to buy special hose to connect the quick-disconnect to the camp stove and bypassing the camp stove regulator.

I have a propane generator, so I needed to carry extra tanks for tailgating. I installed a quick connect below the regulator to connect my other tanks. I also have a 10' hose that connects to the quick connect and then to my BBQ. It works great. You cannot run the propane through two regulators it reduces the pressure to much. Any propane store can make the 10' hose with the correct connectors on each end - cost about $15.00.