NASA LUNAR Impact Friday morning

porthole

Retired
This should be awesome. Scheduled for impact around 7:13am eastern time Friday morning.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/05oct_lcrossvg.htm

http://www.spaceweather.com/

Get the popcorn out - wake up the kids

crash1.jpg

LookN4Ward

CNN will have an on the seen reporter to cover whether or not the moon will experience climate change. Can't wait for that report.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It might be awesome but I wonder could our 70 Million dollars have been used more wisely? Ponder that thought. I know I love our space program too and value its importance.

Clark

In my view of life, there should always be a significant place for exploration. We, as a species, have always pushed our boundaries and cannot exist without continuing to do so. Granted we haven't always done so wisely, but it is our nature to explore none the less.
Clark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Well, they showed the impact live on NBC Today show and you could see nothing. I hope this wasn't another wasted experiment. I really hope this was successful in learning what they needed to learn.

porthole

Retired
It might be awesome but I wonder could our 70 Million dollars have been used more wisely? Ponder that thought. I know I love our space program too and value its importance.

Yeah - like cash for clunkers :eek:

Well that was a lackluster event :confused:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I don't understand why we have to waste many taxpayer dollars to see if there is water on the moon. Are we going to try to use this water? Is Brown and Root going to build a pipeline to the moon to harvest this water?

Since nothing could be seen in the crash landing of the rocket into the moon, are they going to have to send out another lunar landing crew to see what was found at the crash site?

Inquiring minds want to know......

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
It might be awesome but I wonder could our 70 Million dollars have been used more wisely?.

Water points in the desert for the 12 million illegals coming across? Free medical treatment for other illegals?

At least the $$$ for this shot was spent here. The government is going to squander our $$$ until they can't spend any-more. At least with the space program we can see some tangible benefits. Ponder that.

Delaine and Lindy

$$$$$$$$$.......

Now we are shooting at the moon instead of our enemy's. Just another failure for our C in C but don't worry they will think of something else. Water and just how would we get to use it. We should use those resources to support those who are trying to protect us.

What if the Government had given every TAX payer, those who PAY
TAX's. Will use the number $300.000 cash and the only stipulation was pay your bills first and the rest is for what ever you decide. The economy would be jumping. Instead we throw gazillions at things and projects that is nothing but a waste. Hey no problem we do have a new Nobel Peace prize winner, I really though I had woke up on April fools day, thats the biggest Joke I have ever seen, well maybe the second remember Big Al, what a waste. Don't worry the printing presses are running 24/7. GBY....