He better watch out

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well I drove the TV to work today. Since I get done at 1:00 I gathered up our needs for the weekend and took them to the Bighorn which we have in a storage area. So I figured, I've seen this done enough, I can do it myself. Isn't he going to be surprised to find the camper hitched up and parked in front of the house when he gets home from work. :eek::eek::eek: It really wasn't hard and I was very careful to follow all the procedures that John goes through. I even pulled around the corner and practiced backing for awhile. It feels strange but it is something I could get used to.:D

All I can say is he better not make me mad now!:eek:

2010augusta

Way to go! I have tried to convince my wife that she could tow the trailer, but she wants nothing to do with that for now. She is happy following me with the jeep. She does know the entire hook-up procedure, so she reminds me when I do thing out of order.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Debbie...
Welcome to the forum... and Congradulations on pulling the BH.. That is great.. We are proud of you.. Keep up the good work. Everyone that pulls a trailer or has a MH should learn to drive. It is not difficult but it takes practice.

As stated in the forum many places, find a large parking lot. I would put up some orange cones (got some small ones from a place that sells horse Tack ). Place them out in the parking lot make a rv site around your trailer, pull out drive around and then back in. Learn to make a turn like you were on a 2 lane road and going to another 2 lane road. See what it takes to make the turns.

Let us know how things are going...

BC

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I spent 26 years as a school bus driver turned desk jockey. The difference is a few more feet and that bus "didn't bend in the middle" :eek:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
At last a real woman! You got a sister?

Yeah! But I'm already married...sorry! (no actual relation, though...LOL)

I keep telling Ken...don't tick me off...you might come home one day and me, the dog AND the rig will be gone....:D

There isn't anything associated with the rig I cannot do...never know when DH could break a leg or something...don't EVER want to be stranded!!

sharmulst

Congratulations Debbie!! I have pulled ours a total of about 1500 miles since we left Nevada on July 3. We just arrived in Ehrenberg, AZ for the winter. I have parked it twice and need much more practice.
We are working here at Colorado River Oasis RV Park until the end of March. First time here, looks like a nice park and right on the river. If you are in the area stop and say "hi".

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Great job GF! Never drove a school bus but have pulled various work trailers behind truck,and have backed them a lot! Larry is going to let me pull our rig soon, can't wait!

MC9

Not to hijack the thread. I can't find the rv park in Ehrenburg you referred to. We go to Quartzite every year for a few days. Need to see how your prospecting is coming along. Cynthia won't drive the TV when we're towing either but she is a good navigator.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That's probably because it's a private membership park...I think part of the Western Horizon's network...it won't be in Trailer Life, etc.