Maiden voyage!

OhioJay

It's been a couple of weeks, but we finally made it out for our maiden voyage with the 32QBSS. It was cold. It was wet. We didn't know what we were doing. But we all had a blast!!!!!!!

DSC05817.jpg

DSC05821.jpg

We didn't go anywhere exotic or fanciful. In fact, we were about 4 miles from home. But still, we had a blast. On Friday, with the wife at work and the kids in school, I towed the rig to the spot and set up. I took my time, carefully thinking each step through, and was very happy to see that I had everything set up and hooked up in about 45 minutes.

We can't wait for next year!!!

2010augusta

You can't wait till next year? By my figuring it is only the second week of October, so that means you still have 82 days to camp this year. I know we will be camping all but 2-3 weeks of that, (darn RV body shop can't do on-site mobile repairs;)), so get out and enjoy the fall.

Glad to hear everything went well with the first trip out.

Last edited:

4ever

Congrats on your new rig. Glad you enjoyedthe first trip. You don't always need to go exotic just need to go.

SmokeyBare

Sure is nice to get that first voyage under your Camping Belt!! You did well !

I see a Satellite Dish set up, if you've read the forum much you know how many have problems with doing that alone !!

I agree with Alan... there are plenty of Parks that are open very late into Ohio's camping year. Perfect time to take the family and explore Ohio's fall weather.

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
BBQ, cooler for beverages, bicycles for the kids, satellite for football, the family's best friend and big smiles all around, especially mom. What more could you ask for? Great memories!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Congrats on the first trip! My Cyclone is my first RV, too! I'm on my first outing, too - it's just lasted 18 months and 2 days...so far! :D :D

imchud

Sure is nice to get that first voyage under your Camping Belt!! You did well !

I see a Satellite Dish set up, if you've read the forum much you know how many have problems with doing that alone !!

I agree with Alan... there are plenty of Parks that are open very late into Ohio's camping year. Perfect time to take the family and explore Ohio's fall weather.

Good eye on the Sat dish, I missed that one... Camping just isn't camping without a Dish:D:D

Good job on your 1st time out...
Our 1st time out many many years ago we started with a pop-up, and it didn't go as well as yours. We backed up to a stream that had an embankment about 10 to 12 foot high. We thought it would be nice to listen to the trickel of water at night when we went to sleep so I parked as close the the embankment as I could. When i was setting up the pop-up and went to pull out the bed slide on the stream side, the embankment gave-way and down I went 12 feet into the stream... I was the talk of the camp-ground that weekend and my wife still talks about it to this day, 20 years later...

Tommy

Can't Wait

Congrats on your first trip! We've also ordered the North Trail 32QBSS and can't wait to pick it up.

We've been told that it will be ready in November. We will have to drive to Ohio to pick it up. I've heard the Ohio State Parks have year round camping, so we are hoping to spend a night or two in it near the dealer before we bring her home. Just spent our last (we hope) weekend in our old trailer. Had a beautiful crisp fall weekend.

Looking forward to next year as well.