front landing gear part 2

markandrenita

So the tech comes out and replaces the gear box and gets ready to leave and I start the switch and the motor runs but the legs don't move. Darn he says I should have checked the motor too. Said it would take another week for the part.
Took a ride around Pahrump and no one had the part and couldn't find it in Vegas.

So we are leaving tomorrow for Lake Havasu City and will be ordering a new motor there.

Oh and I will be replacing it myself , making sure the house is supported for safety. I will let you know what else I learn.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Not that it's funny, but it seems funny that we see so many situations where service is performed and the tech or service facility claims all is well before even testing the operation of the repaired part. Makes ya wonder...

markandrenita

No kidding. So I get to Lake Havasu and I buy another jack at walmart and use them and the front jack manuel crank to easily raise the house(our fiver ) up and unhook.
Worked like a charm and I felt good about the safety and not overstressing the landing gear box. Now to get the part!

markandrenita

Ok, so I called Venture and the people there were really nice and they sold me a new Venture motor 9000 pk for 125 plus ten bucks shipping.
Got it in five days and it went in easy, only two bolts to attach and I connected the wiring and it worked! Yeah!

Thanks again for all the help!

Venture Mfg. Co.
3636 Dayton Park Dr.
Dayton, OH 45414
patty@Venturemfgco.com
Tel: 937-233-8792 ext. 20
Toll Free: 866-365-1957
Fax: 937-233-8485