• Number of sites held: 0
  • Site fee: $35
  • Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
  • Non-Club Member Event fee: $10 Per Person
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 05/15/2010
  • Potluck time: 5:00PM

------------------------------

• Event Leader: skyguy (click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------

Events may include: (subject to whim of the Wagonmaster)
Nightly campfire
Pancake Breakfast put on by KOA one morning
Event tent
RV Safety Talk - Al Weaver (Cancelled - Al scratched)
Fishing the Gunnison area - local info
Our famous Saturday Pot-Luck supper
and ?????

Map of campground: http://gunnisonkoa.com/Gunnison-KOA-Site-Map.html

We will be placed in the 50 AMP sites, and adjoining full hookup sites...

Dave is the manager, he mentioned we will mostly have the park to ourselves that weekend!

Both Bob W. and I have camped here before - it is a very nice CG! The pond will not have water in it yet - a little early in the season

Please let me know when you plan to arrive, your rig, and what you plan to bring to the potluck and I will get you on the list....

Hope to see you there!
Wagonmaster Al

1. Robert & Marion Wengler, Bighorn 3670, #1021, Hot Dogs Buns Baked Beans Sauerkraut
2. Al & Rexann Schlafli, Bighorn 3670, #1300
3. Randy & Kathy Reano, Bighorn 3400, #1030, pork tenderloins
4. Al & Diana Weaver., Bighorn 3580, #1286
5. Lynn & Jim Graziano, Bighorn 3055, #1458, mean potato salad
6. Chet & Colleen Gardner, Bighorn 3670, #1008, "Rally Road Kill"
7. Ron & Brenda Kirkland, Bighorn 3385, #1432, Hot German Macaroni Salad
8. Jim Beletti (staying at nearby hotel), #1001
9. Gary & Denise Benns, Sundance 3012RE , #1488
10. Don & Jennifer Krien, Bighorn 3055, #1601, Creamy Fruit Salad
11. Tom & Linda Pampinella ,Pasta Salad
12. Ron & Donna Markey, Landmark Oakmont, Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Cornbread Muffins
13. Pat and Lori Santaniello, toy hauler, everything init green salad

Last edited:

rjr6150

Hi Al
Count Kathy and I in will have to check my schedule after Jan and then will you know arrival dates.:) Was also talking with Bob earlier in the week and wondering if anyone may be interested in getting together in Jan for the Denver RV show. Typically its the 2nd or 3rd weekend in Jan. Was thinking maybe hit the show and head somewhere for dinner.

skyguy

Hi Al
Count Kathy and I in will have to check my schedule after Jan and then will you know arrival dates.:) Was also talking with Bob earlier in the week and wondering if anyone may be interested in getting together in Jan for the Denver RV show. Typically its the 2nd or 3rd weekend in Jan. Was thinking maybe hit the show and head somewhere for dinner.

Sure!! What day?

rjr6150

Hi Al
Just posted the notice in the shows section the dates are 1/13-1/16 was thinking about Saturday and afterward getting together for dinner. Spoke with Chet earlier and he was also interested.

skyguy

Hi Al
Just posted the notice in the shows section the dates are 1/13-1/16 was thinking about Saturday and afterward getting together for dinner. Spoke with Chet earlier and he was also interested.

Works for us! I may also drag my sister along too. She has a small Nash trailer, and enjoys the shows with us... She's semi-retired too, so will fit right in :D

Al

OwensMom

CS Rally

rjr6150, Would like to meet the group and have dinner. We live on the western slope and want to meet other Heartland folk!! So please count on Lynn and Jim Graziano from Hotchkiss, Co

Skyguy, We would be interested in Joining your rally in Gunnison. Liable to be a bit nippy that time of year but we will endure!!

Looking forward to meeting you all, Lynn G

Two Hands

We have visited Gunnison, Colorado, every year or two since 1968. Beautiful country and great fishing, especially in the Taylor Reservoir and Taylor River. We will be headed that way, but not until late August or early September.

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Can't make the january show, but will be there for the Gunnison rally. Thanks, Al, for the invite to speak on safety concerns, always a privilege to share with other RV'ers on safety. God Bless ya all, Al & Dee Weaver

jbeletti

Hey gang,

Looking forward to attending this rally. Just made all my reservations. Won't be there with my RV as I can't make it work, timing-wise, but still plan to hang out and have a good time with a bunch of Heartlanders I've never met :)

Jim

rjr6150

I'd sort of heard the rumor last week now thats its official looking forward to meeting you. IMHO this is on great group to hang out with and you'll have a great time.

skyguy

Don't forget to make your reservations at the KOA in Gunnison! Mention the Heartland RV Rally to get your discount. They may not staff the office until May 1, but you can leave a message and they should return your call!

We have added some more folks in the last week... The Pampinella's are friends of Bob and Marion. The Markey's from NM will bring our first Landmark. Woohoo - we are really getting classy now!

So far I don't have much for food ideas for the Saturday potluck. If you want to mention it here, I will add them to the list!

Thanks - we're only a month away now!

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler

Founding Colorado Chapter Leader
Hi all... I will be bringing Hot Dogs ,Buns ,Backed Beans ,Sauerkart.
And we will need Potato Salad ?, Macaroni Salad? , Coleslaw? .If any one wants to bring 4to5 lb.
Lobster Tails for all that is ok too.ha.ha please let Skyguy know.
Thank You all...Bob..
Safe Camping
Bring what you want.

Last edited:

skyguy

I spoke with Michael, the asst manager of the Gunnison KOA today (Wednesday). he said all the snow is gone (at least around town anyway). Nice days, still pretty cool nights (20's). I wouldn't worry about freezing, but I sure would have some electric heaters on hand!

They are NOT requiring deposits, but would appreciate reservations if you are planning on attending.

I'm looking forward to a wonderful 4 days - can't wait!! (Arriving Thursday after lunch sometime)

CU there!

Al S.

rjr6150

Gary, Denese, Kathy and I will be there on Tuesday for anyone wanting to come in early. Looking forward to a great time and meeting up with everyone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.