HL CO. Chapter Get Together at the 2010 Denver RV Show

rjr6150

Thought since next May is a long time not seeing all. Kathy and I were wondering if anyone is interested in meeting at the Denver RV show in Jan 2010. The dates are 1/13-1/16 meeting on Saturday attending the show and maybe having dinner afterward.
Also anyone interested in joining the chapter and SOB's are welcome to join us.

OwensMom

Randy and Kathy, We would be interested in meeting other Heartland folk(already replied to other thread). The RV Show sounds like fun and dinner is great. How do you join your group? is there a western slope group? So count us in:
Jim and Lynn Graziano
Hotchkiss, Co

rjr6150

Randy and Kathy, We would be interested in meeting other Heartland folk(already replied to other thread). The RV Show sounds like fun and dinner is great. How do you join your group? is there a western slope group? So count us in:
Jim and Lynn Graziano
Hotchkiss, Co

Hi Jim and Lynn
We would love to have you join us for the Denver RV show. If you would please send me your email I will add you to the CO. Chapter list. To join one only need to sign up for the Heartland Owners club and then choose a chapter to join. Currently we have only one CO. chapter and our leader is Bob Wengler from Durango.

Looking forward to meeting you in Jan.

rjr6150

Talked with our chapter leader last week Bob Wengler he and Marion will be arriving in Denver on Friday 1/15/10 and staying over. He was wondering if anyone else would be in early and maybe either find a common place to stay or at least get together that night. If interested please contact him.

skyguy

Randy and all -
Rexann and I will be there. May or may not have additional company.

What time and where? Here is a link to floorplans of the Center
http://denverconvention.com/our-center/floor-plans.html

I think you mentioned meeting at one of the lobbys on the second (middle) floor?
The surrounding streets are Champa, 14th, Welton, Speer.

Pick a time / place and we'll all meet up there!

Al

rjr6150

Hi Al
Looking forward to seeing you there. Not sure which street it is we generally go in the main entrance faces north. If I remember correctly there is some type sculptor out front and its a one way street going east.

skyguy

Streets run diagonal down there, not north-south.

You might be thinking of 14th Street. It's on the North-East side, one-way to the South East. Main entrance on this side. Big bear standing up, looking in the glass windows.

You can check "colorado convention center" in google maps, but when I did, it was off by two blocks.:mad: Get to Stout and 14th. The street view will show the entrance, and the bear.

rjr6150

That would be the one. My thoughts were to meet up just inside the main doors at street level around 10:00 am then head on up for when the show opens at 10:30.

skyguy

Did you want to grab something to eat later? Where? Within walking distance?

We're considering park and ride to the convention center, since the boat show is same day, same place. Cost a little more, but a lot of that is off set by cost to park near Center. Schedule says we would arrive 10:04

Al

rjr6150

AL I was hoping maybe someone familiar with the area could suggest a place. I'm game for the downtown area or the one place Kathy and I have been is Cinzitti's right off 104th. spelling don't believe is correct but its italian buffet.

skyguy

Update - Denver RV Adventure Show

We had a nice group get together at the show!
Attendance included
Reano's, Wenglers (Chapter Leader), Boise's, Benns', Gardner's, Graziano's, and Schlafli's. Also in tow were Brad and Mary Trudo, SOB owners and friends of the Schlafli's.

Heartland was very well represented at the show, by several dealers! We travelled through most, ooohed and aaahed at the improvements (those that we got to see anyway), but generally decided we all liked what we had for now. (Sorry Heartland - not this year!) If you can believe the sold stickers on many of the RV's, the show was pretty successful for the dealers.

We had a great time catching up, and a wonderful lunch thanks to Randy and Kathy's guidance!

We also discussed a destination for a fall Rally - I'll be getting this setup before too long.

Put this on your calendar:
September 9 - 12, the weekend after Labor Day weekend - RoyalView RV Park, Canon City, CO. The RV park is actually one of the last RV parks on the west side of the Royal Gorge, on Hiway 50. Lots to do - Royal Gorge Train trip, trip to The Abbey Winery for wine tasting (excellent wine by the way), fall colors - woo hoo! Again, no fees for Heartland Owner's Club Members.