Cold Air in MB

mettfam

Hi, we bought the North Trail 32QBSS in July and we cannot get the heater to blow warm air into the master bedroom. Every other vent blows hot air except for this one. Is this common? Is there something we can do?

Also we get water in the master bedroom, it leaks in from the ceiling on the left side and it goes down to the floor, what can be done about this?

Thanks for your help!

Mettfam

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mettfam, this is definitely a situation for your dealer to resolve. I'm pretty sure Heartlands response will be the same and if your dealer is no help then Heartland will get involved. The leak should be inspected and repaired before putting into storage. You certainly don't want to wait and find major damage from long term water intrusion.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would call Heartland Customer Service and let them get involved up front. MHO

rchickis

hello, I saw your thread and have the identical problem (MB cold air). I don't see any replies. I called the manufacturer today and their explanation was ridiculous. The service guy said.. "its a known issue and it happens because the furnace is too far away from that duct. This makes no sense since the kids suite duct is just as far and it blows fine. Have you remedied the situation? If so... How?

Rickhansen

First, you should do a little investigation to make sure the ends of the ductwork are attached to both the furnace and the bottom of the register/outlet. If you trace the flexible duct along its path from the furnace to the register, you will very likely find bends, kinks, debris inside, etc. that is a restriction or a blockage in that duct run. I'd do this for all duct runs, correcting any issues as you go. There have been many posts where people have found such things, removed 3 or 4 extra feet of ductwork, straightened and suspended it properly, etc to solve their airflow problems.

Once that's been taken care of I agree with Bob, that a little air balance is required to get the right flows in the right areas. Adjustable vents is one easy solution to accomplish that. Just make sure you don't reduce the overall airflow to the furnace fan by very much, as this will cause furnace problems and could potentially overheat and crack the heat exchanger. About three or four beers, and one leisurely afternoon and you should have it working like a champ.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thanks Rick, yes the defused air deflectors did help get more air flow in to the BR. The crazest part was when I ran all the 2" duct in the underbelly around the holding tank and punched alot of holes in it. The airflow at all the floor vents increased. SO, go figure. Dont know why, but it did. Bob

Rickhansen

Hi Bob,
Not to Hijack Mettfam's thread, but your observation may be explainable by the characteristic flow curve of the fan. Fans and pumps (constant speed) have a typical flow curve, when plotted on a graph with differential (system static) pressure on the vertical axis and airflow on the horizontal axis. When the system pressure increases beyond the fans ability to overcome it, the flow falls off exponentially. The simple way to think about it is that you reduced the resistance of the system by providing more outlet area for the air to flow, so therefore the fan is able to push a higher volume of air.

You probably straightened out a lot of bends and kinks along the way as well, that equalized the flow (or resistance to flow) in the duct runs.

mettfam

Hi, we still have not been able to solve the problem but I didn't buy a trailer to not have heat in the bedroom. This is the only thing I really am not happy with, otherwise I love my trailer. I really hope they come up with something to solve this problem soon! I live way up North in Northern BC and you need a heater!!

Mettfam

jimtoo

Hi, we still have not been able to solve the problem but I didn't buy a trailer to not have heat in the bedroom. This is the only thing I really am not happy with, otherwise I love my trailer. I really hope they come up with something to solve this problem soon! I live way up North in Northern BC and you need a heater!!

Mettfam

Mettfam, have you contacted your dealer???? This is first step. You are not giving us information about "they".