Scare Light Lens

talley

The clear lens on both of the scare lights (security lights) on my 2006 BH are cracked. This is the second pair of clear lens to have cracked (multiple fractures). I replaced the original about one and one-half years after purchase. That has been about one year ago. Am I having bad luck or have others experienced the plastic/acrylic lens deteriorating after a year or two?

rick_debbie_gallant

Anyone know what size bulb goes in the scare lights? Mine either burned out already or I have an electrical problem. I don't think I have more that 12 hours of burn time on it. Additionally, what is the other switch for on the bottom step of the stairs going up to the master suite? I have tried it several times and nothing happens when I flip it. I know the one switch controls the step light. But what about the other one..:confused:

talley

I have changed the light bulb several times, it is an automotive bayonet type bulb. It can be found at auto parts stores or Wal Mart. I believe it is an 1156 or 1157. I would consider changing to a different fixture, maybe an LED if there is a fixture for that purpose. Will have to go "surfing"...

caissiel

most bulbs on the trailers are 1141 and not 1156 or 1157, 1156 or 1157 will be to hot and will burn lens. Maybe they are in that bigger lens though.

talley

Opened the scare light lens this afternoon and found it is a 1156LL (long life) bulb. I believe it is the same number bulb as the original as I have replaced all burned out bulbs with the same number. It may be that the bulb is too hot for the lens, causing the lens to deteriorate. Will look into changing to LED, but would like to continue using same fixture.