Newbie winterizing question

OhioJay

Winterizing: Is it really so simple?

Do I understand this correctly? Drain all tanks, and fill with anti-freeze? Well, I guess not "fill", but pour anti-freeze down the sink and toilet enough to fill the P-traps, and drain from there?

Thanks ahead of time. You guys are the best, and I really appreciate the help. I really do. I promise to pass the help along when i'm seasoned and someone asks!!!!!

caissiel

Use the principle of water does freeze, that way you will empty and fill with antifreeze all the lines that may contain water, I used the air method every year and never damaged any lines. I use Pink antifreeze in the trapes and the washing machine. Make sure the hot water tank is drained and bypassed, it contains 12Gals.

2010augusta

Well fill is close. We fill the fresh water plumbing with antifreeze and in running the antifreeze through all the lines I wait till they are running pink and that fills/flushes the drains and P-traps. To do the entire trailer it takes about 4-5 gallons. As stated above drain and bypass the water heater and make sure the black tank flusher is address with either air or antifreeze.

moose1

How do you get antifreeze into black tank flusher? I can see blowing it out with air but there is no connection between the water pump and the black tank flusher.
Am I missig something?

2010augusta

I have made a system that allows the pump to pump antifreeze out the city water connection and into the black tank flush. The check valve at the city water had to be replaced with a ball valve to allow this.