Winter storage of LCD's

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Hi gang, a question from north of the boarder......is it ok to leave the lcd tv's in place for the winter? Concerned about damage from freezing the units. Some mixed reviews on what to do, Jensen has no official recommendation. It is a bit of a chore to take the 32' out so just curious.

Thanks.
Brad:)

Rigmover06

Tv

For the 2 minutes it took me to cut the 3 Zap straps and take out the 4 screws that hold the TV to bracket. It is well worth it. TV is now nice and safe and warm in the house til spring or Christmas when we go to Valemount BC to go Sledding.

Just my .02 worth.

crazybanshee

We leave our three LCD TVs in the camper over the winter. Never had any problems. Don't think manufacures ship their products in heated trailers. Gets below zero here.
Doug

beardedone

Beardedone
We winter camp at Rocky Mountain House and leave the TVs in the trailer and when we get there just them them heat up and turn on about 2 hours later. The big one over the fireplace warms up kind of fast. If we need something to watch as soon as we get there I have a little 6" portable we carry back and forth. Never had a problem

laffman

I think the manufacture has stated on this message board that the TVs are rated down to -30* F. I could find the post, sorry.

Last edited:

caissiel

I have 2 LCDs in my truck and they survied the -40F winter last winter. The problem with the radio is that I have to shut it down and wait till the truck is warmed up so that it will have the screen come on. My first winter with the LCD 2Din Radio I had it come on with the starting automatically and the radio ran with no screen.

porthole

Retired
Safe or not it took me 20 minutes to take all 4 LCD's out and bring in the house. Now it is no worry, and won't be when it goes to the dealer in the spring for some repairs.

lhetsler

Lcd tv

Like many, I always leave my TV in all winter in northern Ohio. I unplug the power cord so that power is not applied to it inadvertantly without me realizing it. Never have an issue and have done this for many years. I only plug the power cord in when I know the TV is room temp.

lwmcguir

Same with ours and we have been doing this ever since there have been LCD, TV and are now doing it with the LED as well.