Tire Pressure

nemo45

Since I've never had load range G tires before, I'm wondering what pressure I should carry on my 3600RE. We're full-timers so I imagine we're around 14000#. Of course they are chinese tires and have a max. pressure rating of 110#. We're leaving for Texas a week from today and I want to have the tires properly inflated before I go. Is there a chart some where that I could go to to find out the infornmation I need?

bill40

Don,
Have read a lot of post on this and it seems that we should follow the PSI on the side wall.I have the BC 3500RL with G rated tires. I run 110psi and check it before pulling out. I am sure you will get a lot of advice.

SmokeyBare

With out knowing the weight of your RV... I would need to believe your at Maximum weight...

That said I would fill these tires at what their manufacture states on the side wall of the Tire... as you have posted... that would be 110 Pounds of pressure.

It would be a good idea if you did a search on the Internet for your brand of tire... looking for their recommended tire pressures for different weights. If you can find that information... you can stop at a Weigh Scales to learn how much your RV weighs.. from there you can make an informed decision.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have E rated tires, the max inflation is 80 psi. I inflate to to max 80 psi. I believe that under inflation is the number one cause of tire failure. If I ever go to the G rated tire, I will run 110 psi. No cold hard facts here, just my thoughts.

Peace
Dave

nemo45

I always carried 80 lbs. in my E rated tires too, but the dry weights of the camper I had with the E rated tires and my 3600RE are within 200 lbs., so I wouldn't think I'd have to carry Max. pressure on the G rated tires. But, it probably wouldn't hurt anything if I did. The only way to know for sure would be to take it to a scales, I know, but now way to do that before I take off for Texas.

Last edited:

SmokeyBare

You can always stop at a Truck stop on the way to Texas and Get the weight of the RV. Then if need be... head to their Air hose and adjust the pressure.

Marv

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Running them at the max psi as stated on the side wall will be much safer than running them at anything less. It may not be necessary but they will run cooler and more importantly, not be under inflated.

lwmcguir

I agree, go with the rated pressure. If you do weigh the camper, you need to weigh both sides. Most likely the Multiple slide side will be quite a bit heavier and near the max for your tires and axles.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The most interesting thing you said was Chinese Tires. I didnot see anyone mention but the first thing I would do is get rid of the China bombs. I have had 2 blowouts on new Chinese G rated tires which were not overloaded and properly inflated. That being said I would recommend running them at 110 psi. BTW if you have a blow out on the China bombs I promise not to say I told you so.

nemo45

I had them before on my Open Road and put 20,000 miles on them with no problems. However, the original tires were recalled and replaced by the tire company (Kenda). The 20,000 mi. were on the replacement tires. I kept them at 80 lbs.(max. pressure) and I checked them religiously. I would also add that I never drive my rig faster than 65 mph. I know I'm playing with fire by using them, but I believe if something happens it'll be early if the tires are bad and I keep them properly inflated. If so Kenda will pay for any damages caused by a blowout, anyway they would have on my other camper. I should have over 5000 mi. on them by the time I get back from Texas and will be able to tell more by them. I'll decide then on replacing them then while it is still under warranty.

Last edited: