Saved by the cat litter

rvdogs

Well, I bought a two-wheel drive dodge 3500 dual tire model (09) to pull my 09 Cape Cod.

After advice I received from some wonderful new Heartland RV friends at the Woodlands in the Houston, Texas area about getting stuck and spinning in wet grass....I got stuck and spun in wet grass.

While stomping around proceeding to look for rocks to throw behind the wheels to add traction, my wife took one look at the problem and said..

"What about putting cat litter behind the tires?"....

Hmmmmm...sounded like an interesting idea with the grain of litter and the fact that it absorbs water....:)

After doing what she said and adding the litter front and back, the truck and 5th wheel trailer came right out without a spin....

Moral:
a. Listen to your wife;
b. Carry cat litter.

2010augusta

Button??? I get to pull a real level and feel the T-case engage, but I have to get out and turn the hubs too. No new-fangled electronic stuff the the 450.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had fun helping them get set up for the very first time, loaning them a couple of items that they didn't have and giving them advice about things that we had already experienced to keep them from making the same mistakes. We also had a healthy discussion of the PDI that was not done properly by their dealer, who incidentally doesn't sell Heartland products any more. You know the one that recommends Camping all over the World.

nemo45

You can save a lot of money by using cat litter and have a bigger payload. Being retired and a full-timer I can wait till the dew dries.

tmcran

Button??? I get to pull a real level and feel the T-case engage, but I have to get out and turn the hubs too. No new-fangled electronic stuff the the 450.

I know what ya mean. I used to have hubs and didn't like getting in the mud and snow to turn the hubs. Just like pushing the button from inside.:D.

tmcran

And then again you can always ask someone with a 4x4 to pull ya out if the rain goes on for several days..;)