Issues to address

porthole

Retired
The side door hits the garage vents, simple to change on the line, swap the low and high sides vent positions.

The 3rd picture shows the scuff marks left if you forget to close the vent before opening the door (so far every time for me :rolleyes:)

The weatherstrip you see in the first pic I added because during heavy rains for some reason the gutter overflows right above the vent and it leaks inside.

The last picture is with the door all the way open - no vent

Attachments

• Garage vent_00.jpg
    Garage vent_00.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Garage vent_01.jpg
    Garage vent_01.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 93
  • Garage vent_02.jpg
    Garage vent_02.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Garage vent_03.jpg
    Garage vent_03.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Items not secured to wood backing. This fell down during the last trip

Note: I did not put the screw through the wire.

Attachments

• Dinette lamp_00.jpg
    Dinette lamp_00.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Dinette lamp_01.jpg
    Dinette lamp_01.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Need to add an AC vent here. The Garage AC vent is over the bed and when the beds are up just about useless.

Attachments

• Garage AC vent.jpg
    Garage AC vent.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Need to add electrical outlets. I previously posted on how I added two outlets to the slide room coach. This is where I will be adding an outlet today so I can plug in a Pelonis heater and not have to trip over the wires. The Cyclones have limited 110 outlets on the ODS.

Attachments

• D30_4930.JPG
    D30_4930.JPG
    378.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Water tank had been addressed here but here is a picture.
I know these are not the best pics, but you can see the forward tanks holds about 2.5 - 3 inches of water when "empty"

The white hose is the feed to the pump from the rear tank, and yes it does have a low spot.

Attachments

• water tank_01.jpg
    water tank_01.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 92
  • water tank_00.jpg
    water tank_00.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 96

porthole

Retired
Weatherstrip is "shrinking". I need to get all new weatherstrip for the basement doors. It looks like it was stretched just a bit much when installed and now that there have been many heat cool cycles the w/s has moved and is too short.

Attachments

• Weatherstrip DS_01.jpg
    Weatherstrip DS_01.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Weatherstrip DS_02.jpg
    Weatherstrip DS_02.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Weatherstrip DS_03.jpg
    Weatherstrip DS_03.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Weatherstrip DS_04.jpg
    Weatherstrip DS_04.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Weatherstrip Genset.jpg
    Weatherstrip Genset.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Weatherstrip ODS.jpg
    Weatherstrip ODS.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 75

porthole

Retired
Need to add weatherstrip here. There is plenty of space for critters and insects to get between the basement door and this bulkhead, which is open to the outside from the open ports at the bottom of the UDC

Attachments

• Weatherstrip ODS b.JPG
    Weatherstrip ODS b.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 78

porthole

Retired
This area along the bottom and sides of the UDC need to be caulked.
Any water that leaks from the hose or you splash in here will leak in to the "toolbox" storage area just forward of this area.

Attachments

• UDC leaks.jpg
    UDC leaks.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 76

2010augusta

Duane is this screw through on of the 12 volt wires? That needs to be fixed too.
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5395&d=1255456890

mdhill

Need to add electrical outlets. I previously posted on how I added two outlets to the slide room coach. This is where I will be adding an outlet today so I can plug in a Pelonis heater and not have to trip over the wires. The Cyclones have limited 110 outlets on the ODS.

All good ideas and needed changes. All easy to do on the production line.
We are waiting out a storm in Redding,Ca. I would like to sit at table with
laptop but no plugs over there.
All in all happy with the new trailer but wish some small items like the lack
of plugs and the water tanks had been addressed in production. Another
thing I miss is wall switches in the bathrooms. My weather stripping on
outside storage doors is doing the same as yours. Something else I will
have to address.
I looked on top slides before closing for this trip and noticed the sealing
tape was all puckered. Will know very soon if not sealing as it is raining
hard.

porthole

Retired
All good ideas and needed changes. All easy to do on the production line.
We are waiting out a storm in Redding,Ca. I would like to sit at table with
laptop but no plugs over there.
All in all happy with the new trailer but wish some small items like the lack
of plugs and the water tanks had been addressed in production. Another
thing I miss is wall switches in the bathrooms. My weather stripping on
outside storage doors is doing the same as yours. Something else I will
have to address.
I looked on top slides before closing for this trip and noticed the sealing
tape was all puckered. Will know very soon if not sealing as it is raining
hard.

The laptop issue is exactly why I added outlets behind the couch, check out my other thread. Which trailer do you have, I was under the impression that the bathrooms now have a wall switch.
Haven't been on the top looking at the slides yet, I have toppers. I'll have to have a look sometime.

Jimmyt5

Need to add weatherstrip here. There is plenty of space for critters and insects to get between the basement door and this bulkhead, which is open to the outside from the open ports at the bottom of the UDC

If you take that orange noodle you have laying there and split it, it will fit right on that edge...Anyhow it worked for me...

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Weatherstrip is "shrinking". I need to get all new weatherstrip for the basement doors. It looks like it was stretched just a bit much when installed and now that there have been many heat cool cycles the w/s has moved and is too short.

That is the first time I have ever seen the weatherstripping do that. Very unusual. Hope you get that fixed.

mdhill

The laptop issue is exactly why I added outlets behind the couch, check out my other thread. Which trailer do you have, I was under the impression that the bathrooms now have a wall switch.
Haven't been on the top looking at the slides yet, I have toppers. I'll have to have a look sometime.

We have a 2010 model 3850. picked up early this summer. No wall switches in bathroom. I will check your pics of putting a plug in slide.

Manke3010

Porthole, really have enjoyed going over all the enhancements you've made to your Cyclone. Keep up the good work!
Do you know if they are now installing light switches in the bed/bath of the 3010's that are currently being built?
If so, does it happen to be a warranty "fix/upgrade" that HL is covering the cost on?

Thanks again for all the great info.

Yianni

My Cyclone 3010 delivered to dealer August 26th has a switch in the bathroom. just to the right of the toilet. Don't really need one in the bedroom.

combine_billy

My Cyclone 3010 delivered to dealer August 26th has a switch in the bathroom. just to the right of the toilet. Don't really need one in the bedroom.

My Cyclone 3912 delivered in July doesn't. I disagree about not needing one in the bedroom.

It would be nice to get this bathroom switch added.