Ford Recall

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Here's a link and below is a quote from the CNN article...

NHTSA said Ford drivers should look for warnings of possible imminent fires, including malfunctioning cruise control systems and brake lights and antilock braking system and brake light warnings on the dashboard. The safety agency also said difficulty in getting the vehicle out of the park mode should be treated as a warning.

"I urge customers to pay attention to this warning and bring the affected models in to have them repaired as soon as possible," said Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, in a statement.

Ford is notifying customers and instructing them to take vehicles to dealers for a complimentary installation of a fused wiring harness that will eliminate the risk of fires, the NHTSA said.

The safety recall is expected to begin around Oct. 26. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673 or NTHSA's vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or visit http://www.safercar.gov.

Tuesday's recall includes the following Ford models: 1995-2003 Windstars, 2000-2003 Excursion diesels, 1993-1997 and 1999-2003 F-Super Duty diesels, 1992-2003 Econolines, 1995-2002 Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers, 1995-1997 and 2001-2003 Rangers and 1994 F35 motorhomes.

traveler44

Yep recalled

We got our recall notices in the mail and took the DW's explorer and the F350 in and they installed a fused jumper wire in the wiring for the cruise control. The dealer the DW went to took 10 min. to do the job. The one I went to took 45 min. for the F350 he said they check more things out when they do the job. Ha-Ha!!

truknutt

Committed Member
My dealership does the recall work out in their parking lot. Service writer told me it's "quick money" as Ford pays them $20 for each recall!

bill40

Had our motorhome (2000 model) done back in 2006 hard to believe its still going on.

lwmcguir

We received the letter today. Goes as far back as one of our older F250 Trucks. Very interesting as the letter says not to even park it in the garage where it has been for the last 16 years.

biggziff

Had our motorhome (2000 model) done back in 2006 hard to believe its still going on.

My 2004 F150 had this done back in 2004! Same thing...guess lots of manufacturers have issues that they don't fix from year to year.....pity, really.