PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, New Holland - 6/11/2010 to 6/13/2010

Pages : [1] 2

dieselengineer
10-14-2009, 07:14 PM
475 Lynch Road, New Holland, PA 17557
Venue:

------------------------------

SPRING GULCH RESORT CAMPGROUND
475 Lynch Road
New Holland, PA 17557
Mention code 7203 1-866-864-8524
www.springgulch.com (http://www.springgulch.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $minimal

Details:

Number of sites held: 20
Site fee: $49.80 per night.
Club Member Event fee: $TBD Per Person
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 6/12/2010
Potluck time: Shady Maple Time

Event Leader: dieselengineer(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=426)

Additional Info:
2010 PA Chapter Rally

We have secured our rally site for the 2010 season! We're really excited about this place. Very nice, large, level, wooded sites, plenty of room between you and your nearest and dearest neighbor. Think state park but privately owned. Themed weekends...2 pools, mini-golf, swim lake with beach, horseshoe pits, volleyball, and a Saturday night dance at the barn. Full hook-ups on all sites with cable...plus wi-fi in selected areas.

Deep in the heart of Amish farms, outlet shopping, antiques, food (lots of food including Amish restaurants), amusement park, a railroad museum and train tour, and comedy theatre, just to name a few places of interest!

Welcome to SPRING GULCH RESORT CAMPGROUND!

In Lancaster County, this resort is easily accessible from the PA turnpike. Check out their website at

www.springgulch.com (http://www.springgulch.com/)

June 11-13th, longer stays welcome! Please call Toll free: 1-866-864-8524 to make your reservation.

Group rate of $49.80 per night. Mention code 7203 when you call...Heartland Group.

We have lovely sites. We have reserved 20 to start with, but should we get more than 20 rigs, there is plenty of room to expand within our area....meaning, we should still all be together, even the last minute reservations...

But why wait??? Check your calendars, then put a big red circle around the dates (June 11-13) and pick up the phone. They do require full payment at time of booking. See their website for additional information.

They will hold our spots till Feb 1st (which is what I asked for) but reserve early!!!!

Tell your friends and Heartland brothers and sisters!!! Everyone welcome (even non-PA residents!!!), SOBs (and future Heartlanders) are welcome too...so if you have a friend who wants to join us...he/she is more than welcome!!

05/25/10 update

I have attached the following link for the great Shady Maple Smorgasbord:

http://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord

So mark your calendars, empty your bellys the night before, put on your over sized pants (forget the belt) and be ready to enjoy the great food on Saturday at 8:30 am. Start making room now!

06/05/10

Updates are on post 193 of this thread. Less then a week away! Also for all that have needs for diesel fuel Martin's trailside express (pacific pride) station ((168 toddy dr, East Earl, Pa (real near shady maple) has good prices and big truck stop fueling islands (big rig friendly)

06/08/10

Update: The Martin's trailside express diesel price update as of 6/8/10 is $2.89 gal.

dieselsweetheart
10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
ahem! Thank you DH for that warm welcome~

The rumor is true! We have secured our rally site for the 2010 season! We're really excited about this place. Very nice, large, level, wooded sites, plenty of room between you and your nearest and dearest neighbor. Think state park but privately owned. Themed weekends...2 pools, mini-golf, swim lake with beach, horseshoe pits, volleyball, and a Saturday night dance at the barn. Full hook-ups on all sites with cable...plus wi-fi in selected areas.

Deep in the heart of Amish farms, outlet shopping, antiques, food (lots of food including Amish restaurants), amusement park, a railroad museum and train tour, and comedy theatre, just to name a few places of interest!

Welcome to SPRING GULCH RESORT CAMPGROUND!

In Lancaster County, this resort is easily accessible from the PA turnpike. Check out their website at

www.springgulch.com (http://www.springgulch.com)

June 11-13th, longer stays welcome! Please call Toll free: 1-866-864-8524 to make your reservation.

Group rate of $49.80 per night. Mention code 7203 when you call...Heartland Group.

We have lovely sites. We have reserved 20 to start with, but should we get more than 20 rigs, there is plenty of room to expand within our area....meaning, we should still all be together, even the last minute reservations...

But why wait??? Check your calendars, then put a big red circle around the dates (June 11-13) and pick up the phone. They do require full payment at time of booking. See their website for additional information.

They will hold our spots till Feb 1st (which is what I asked for) but reserve early!!!!

Tell your friends and Heartland brothers and sisters!!! Everyone welcome (even non-PA residents!!!), SOBs (and future Heartlanders) are welcome too...so if you have a friend who wants to join us...he/she is more than welcome!!

Questions???

dieselsweetheart
10-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh, one more thing. For those of you logging on to their website, check out their site map...we have sites 1542-1552, 1554, 1553, and sites 1529, 1535. I think you should be able to request your site #. When you make your reservation and site #, please let me know so I can keep a record of attendees.

DH and I are in 1542.

brunomisty
10-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Cheryl

We marked are calender for next year . Just have to wait to see next years work schedule We hope to be there :)

lelandpa
10-15-2009, 02:44 PM
We also hope to be there Cheryl, we will be seasonal in Deleware but will possibly pull home for the rally.

boatto5er
10-15-2009, 03:02 PM
We also hope to be there Cheryl, we will be seasonal in Deleware but will possibly pull home for the rally.

You have got to go to a rally. They are the most fun you can have in a weekend! Heck, some stray Virginians might even show up!

JWalker
10-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Site #1543. Arriving Thursday, June 10th and leaving on Sunday June 13th. (Then heading to Frontiertown in Ocean City for 5 days.....:DSWEEEEEET:D). See ya there!

mjatwalker
10-15-2009, 04:55 PM
You have got to go to a rally. They are the most fun you can have in a weekend! Heck, some stray Virginians might even show up!

Maybe some Marylander's too.:)

dieselengineer
10-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Jamie, I see we are neighbors again. This is great!

Hey Dave, the ice cream man is next to me again. Isn't it great. You better sign up quick to get the other side.

TanDumb
10-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Chris and I hope to be there!

dieselsweetheart
10-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Yay!!!! I'm happy to see you all posting!!! I know it's early, and we are getting snow so it's hard to think summer....but, think SUMMER! Gives us something to look forward to!

kubo
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Hello cheryl,
kubo here, I see that you have a pa rally for spring gulch, GREAT CHOICE !!! I can tell you from personal experience from camping there several times a year for the last 10 years, it is a great place ! and what is cool , I only live about 40 minutes away :) . You must put on your list of places to visit , shady maple buffet. Its about 10 minutes away from the campground, all pa dutch food. all you can eat, Its is awsome !!!!! (I suggest throwing away the weight scale first) The agusta is on the assembly line as I write this, If all goes well, should be taking delivery in a few weeks. then the real "schooling starts" I think I should put a yellow stripe on the back of the unit to designate a rookie, that's what nascar does on the race cars of rookie drivers, hum, sounds like a good idea to me :) Have a great day !!!!

dieselsweetheart
10-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi Kubo and welcome to the Pa thread!! The Flying Dutchman (Eric and Dorothy) have already notified me of Shady Maple...but DH and I are already well familiar with the place...and YUM! I am thinking we will do our meal here instead of pot luck since we can't have the barn on Saturday anyway. It is our experience that SM is very crowded on Sat nights so I am thinking of brunch.

Yes there is so much to do there in Amish-land and eating is only part of all the fun and excitement!!!!

Make your reservation today! The info is at the beginning of this thread. I'll need to get DH to make it a permanent front page.... Use our "code" number to reserve, then let me know what site you have and date of arrival!

Enjoy your week!!!

tomjanej
10-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Hello, this our first post after taking delivery of our new Sundance 28RLS
in June. We're in upstate NY but spend lots of time in southern PA in early June most years. In case anyone is interested, the York Street Rod and Muscle car show is the weekend before your rally date. Carlisle All Ford Nationals show also. If you're into cars, you can make a full week out of your trip. Heck. we might even join in your rally fun! Happy Camping and we love our new camper.

lelandpa
10-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi Kubo and welcome to the Pa thread!! The Flying Dutchman (Eric and Dorothy) have already notified me of Shady Maple...but DH and I are already well familiar with the place...and YUM! I am thinking we will do our meal here instead of pot luck since we can't have the barn on Saturday anyway. It is our experience that SM is very crowded on Sat nights so I am thinking of brunch.

Yes there is so much to do there in Amish-land and eating is only part of all the fun and excitement!!!!

Make your reservation today! The info is at the beginning of this thread. I'll need to get DH to make it a permanent front page.... Use our "code" number to reserve, then let me know what site you have and date of arrival!

Enjoy your week!!!
I'm not positive but I think Shady Maple might have a seperate room for large groups. I'll be sure not to eat for a few days before going there! Love that place.

boatto5er
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Their banquet room accomodates up to 1000 people!! See their web site:
http://www.shady-maple.com/history

Jim & Harriet
10-20-2009, 03:12 PM
so many rally choices ... :) might have to add this to our "to do" list. from southwestern Virginia this would be an easy drive. anyone know if there is an amtrak station anywhere near the cg location? our son lives in philadephia - may come for the weekend.

truknutt
10-20-2009, 06:26 PM
so many rally choices ... :) might have to add this to our "to do" list. from southwestern Virginia this would be an easy drive. anyone know if there is an amtrak station anywhere near the cg location? our son lives in philadephia - may come for the weekend.

From Spring Gulch Resort:

Lancaster, PA (LNC) (33 min/23.5 miles)
http://www.amtrak.com/images/spacer.gifStation Building (with waiting room)
53 McGovern Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17602

Parkesburg, PA (PAR) (22 min/12.06 miles)
http://www.amtrak.com/images/spacer.gifPlatform with Shelter
West First and South Culvert Streets
Parkesburg, PA 19365

dieselsweetheart
10-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Hello, this our first post after taking delivery of our new Sundance 28RLS
in June. We're in upstate NY but spend lots of time in southern PA in early June most years. In case anyone is interested, the York Street Rod and Muscle car show is the weekend before your rally date. Carlisle All Ford Nationals show also. If you're into cars, you can make a full week out of your trip. Heck. we might even join in your rally fun! Happy Camping and we love our new camper.

Yes, York is across Rt 30 (heading west) from Lancaster. It definitely is "do-able" from the Spring Gulch. Please join us! We'd love to have you!!!

Jim & Harriet
10-20-2009, 07:47 PM
thanks for the Amtrak information. we are hoping to join you for the rally.

bill40
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi Cheryl,
Great choice, will have to let you and Jim know after we get home and get everything sorted out. We think that is the week the kids go to the shore asked Chris to send me the dates. Will be leaving Gallup NM Wednesday. Not hurring back finding out what the BC is made of so far great.

porthole
10-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Something to keep in mind at Shady Maple - we went there for breakfast and missed the "allotted" time slot, they stop taking customers around 9:30 to get ready for the lunch crowd. IIRC it was a 1.5 hour wait and the price nearly doubled.

dieselsweetheart
10-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the info! We will have to make our Shady Maple early!

porthole
10-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info! We will have to make our Shady Maple early!

Just something to check and see if it is a seasonal thing or not, especially setting it up for a group.

ringhanger
10-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I received a message wanting to know if anyone was interested in a Rally in PA in 2010 back in June. The time frame was the month of July. Is this the 2010 Regional Rally that you and Gus were conversing about back around June of this year?

boatto5er
10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
I received a message wanting to know if anyone was interested in a Rally in PA in 2010 back in June. The time frame was the month of July. Is this the 2010 Regional Rally that you and Gus were conversing about back around June of this year?
No, they are different. There is an Eastern Region Rally in Cape Hatteras in Apr/May (see discussion here: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=12500)

The PA Chapter is holding it's own rally in June - see the first post in this thread.

dieselsweetheart
10-28-2009, 09:56 PM
No one will be having their rally in July because of the National rally down in Nashville that month. You are welcome to join us in Pa during June 11-13th! See our first posting!!

jbeletti
10-28-2009, 10:15 PM
...It is by far the best buffet in the world!

What :eek: Best buffet in the world? I may have to stiff another chapter just to make it to this rally for the food :D

Jim
Still on the wagon (diet)

lelandpa
10-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Jim, you deffinetly need to fall off the wagon and go to Shady Maple. It is by far the largest buffet I have ever seen.

dieselengineer
10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, Jim you do need to work this rally into your schedule. The food at shady maple is unbelievable. The camp sites are wonderful and Strasburg (steam railroad museum) is nearby. I hope this gets you going on the right track. Oh, I almost forgot, the Strasburg train ride will take you to Paradise.

Freckles
10-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Cheryl & Jim , We will be on site #1544. Arriving Thursday , June 10th and leaving Sunday June 13th .We Had such a great time at the first Pa Rally, So we had to come back for the 2nd !!!! See you in June.:D

dieselsweetheart
10-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Yay!!! We are happy to have you!!

Jim & Harriet
10-30-2009, 07:17 PM
world's best / largest buffet? definitely worth the trip ...

Freckles
10-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Jim & Harriet , You need to come, We have 1 Dodge,1 Ford,1 GMC and the one were missing is a Chevy.

bill40
10-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Were workin on it

Jim & Harriet
11-03-2009, 12:59 AM
we hope to be there and represent the "chevy clan!"

Freckles
11-06-2009, 12:00 PM
We plan to attend the http://www.greendragonmarket.com/ on Friday !! Let's talk about Food again !!! Everything you need and more.

Jim & Harriet
11-06-2009, 03:06 PM
this looks truly amazing! must take hours to see it all.

dieselsweetheart
11-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Oh yes, the Green Dragon is a great place to visit too... There really is a lot to do in the Lancaster area...you need more than the weekend to take it all in!!!

dieselengineer
11-06-2009, 07:29 PM
And the best part is Lancaster County has lots of shoe-fly-pie :)

jnbhobe
11-06-2009, 08:20 PM
There we go with the FOOD again!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:p

dbylinski
12-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Cheryl,

I made our reservation today. We will be on site 1545 arriving Thursday 6/10 and departing Monday 6/14.

bill40
12-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi Cheryl,
We will be arriving on 6/10 and departing 6/14 on site 1546.

dieselsweetheart
12-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey there y'all! I've been off the forum due to being very busy with the school semester! I taught full-time for the nursing department, plus taught as adjunct for the Allied Health Dep't...so the end of the semester is always very busy for me...test development, finals..grades..that sort of busy stuff. I'm just checking back in and re-reading everyone's posts...hopefully once the calendar turns to 2010 everyone will have a better idea of time off for the rally in June!! Focus, focus, focus...RV time will be fast approaching!!

Happy New Year everyone...and I'm raising my glass to a great 2010 full of friendship and happy RV times!!!

ringhanger
01-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Cheryl, Turned over the calendar and made reservations for the PA rally. Diane & I have site 1547. Looking forward to experiencing our first Hartland Rally.

dieselsweetheart
01-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Welcome Ringhanger!! I have noted your site #...when will you be arriving???

ringhanger
01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
I believe we will be there about mid-day on Friday.

dieselsweetheart
01-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks Bob!!

Flying Dutchman
01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Cheryl and Jim,
Have just completed reservations for Spring Gulch. We will arrive Thursday 6/10, and leave Sunday. We'll be neighbors across the street, have site #1535. Dorothy and I are looking forward to Shady Maple, and visiting with the Pennsylvania Heartland clan:D.

Jim & Harriet
01-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Made our reservation today for the rally. We are in site # 1567. Arriving mid-afternoon on Friday (may change to Thursday if we can get away sooner ...)
Looking forward to going to all those places mentioned in the early discussions ... buffet, flea market, train ride ...

I am attached to the internet, just have to decide if I want to add the $5/day fee. Maybe there will be just too much to do :angel:

See you-all in June

dieselsweetheart
01-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Hey everyone!! We're doing pretty well with reservations!!! If you are just checking out this site because you recently joined the Heartland family...please scroll back to the first post and read all about our PA rally in June! We'd love to have you!! I promise a great time! Get your reservations in ASAP and let me know your arrival date and site #. Thanks! January is over and looking forward to February!!

dieselsweetheart
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Hello everybody taking a look at the PA rally information. The folks at Spring Gulch will hold onto our sites for only 2 more weeks, and then they will release them to the general public. Today (Feb 1) was the original due date but I spoke with the nice lady today and she extended the date till the 14th...we have 8 definite rigs confirmed and 12 more sites available. If you choose to wait until after the cut-off date to make a reservation you will just have to take your chance that you will get in somewhere near the group. So....if you are planning on attending the PA rally in June...don't hesitate!!! Call Spring Gulch ASAP and get your reservation made! Let me know what site you are assigned and what date you will be arriving...as I am keeping a log.

Don't put it off another day!!! Dig out your calendar, and make that reservation!!!!

Thanks!!!

Clymer
02-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Hey Cheryl

I'm glad you talked to the lady today because it was on my list to call but ran out of time today. I am for sure calling tomorrow for check in Thur and checkout Sun or Mon (we will have to run home on Sat for a wedding) good thing we are only 1.5 hrs away :D

jnbhobe
02-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi Cheryl & Jim;
Well Maybe I'm not late after all. I talked to Spring Gulch today and have reservations for June 10th thru June 14th on site # 1548. We should be there early on thursday.Let us know if you need anything. See ya in June. Patti & Jon conf#7209

cableman
02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Better late than not at all. We just got our spot and that is site 1549. Hope to see everybody there. Waiting for the snow to melt and get back to camping. Phil saw his shadow and that means six more weeks of bad weather.See you in june.

dieselsweetheart
02-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi Dan, Jon, and Kathy! Happy to have you all at the rally!!! More info as the time gets closer...but glad you have reserved your sites!!

All others....we're down to 11 days they will hold the sites....call tomorrow!!!!

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
We are down to 5 days to reserve your site at Spring Gulch, and then those sites will be released to the general public! Get your sites now!!! Don't wait....!!!!!!

porthole
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
And the best part is Lancaster County has lots of shoe-fly-pie :)

Geez being a Pennsyltuckian ys think you would know it is Shoo-fly pie. One of my favorites, right up there with Mince Meat and fruit cake. All specialties on my PA Dutch grandmother.

porthole
02-15-2010, 02:23 PM
We are booked for site #1553, arrive on the 10th and depart on the 14th - or thereabouts for either day.

BTW Cheryl, this rally does not show up on the "chapter rally" page //heartlandowners.org/content.php

RollingHome
02-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Port hole, Shoe Fly Pie, Mince meat pie and other. You've been missing meds again huh ? I'm a Pennsytukian too. but common start takin your pills again please :-).... I'll bet you eat scapple too huh ?

porthole
02-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Scrapple - no way jose, no panhas or white pudding either

Clymer
02-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Scrapple - no way jose, no panhas or white pudding either

OK I just made our reservation arriving Thurs the 10th and leaving Monday the 14th and yes we LOVE scrapple yummy and Lee drowns his in maple syrup ;) We are booked into site #1536 so anyone who wants scrapple and home raised free range eggs (fresh from our farm) can visit us any morning....oh yes and home fries as well!

JWalker
02-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Well, as of this morning, my daughter has missed 11 days of school due to SNOW. We are now somewhere around 62"-63" of snow, with 4"-6" expected by Thursday am. She now is scheduled to go until June 11th. We are to arrive at the rally on Thursday the 10th. I guess it is time to talk to the school about an educational vacation.

tomjanej
02-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Just made our reservation for the PA rally. Young lady at Spruce Gulch was great even tho its past the 'deadline'. We'll be on Site 1553. First rally, 2010 Sundance, new last summer. Looking forward to meeting some of you folks. Think spring.

dieselsweetheart
02-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Well, as of this morning, my daughter has missed 11 days of school due to SNOW. We are now somewhere around 62"-63" of snow, with 4"-6" expected by Thursday am. She now is scheduled to go until June 11th. We are to arrive at the rally on Thursday the 10th. I guess it is time to talk to the school about an educational vacation.

Oh my gosh!!! 11 days missed! Ya I guess you are up higher than the rest of us..more snow...we had 22" in our area...more snow to come tonight/tomorrow...but not sure how much or when the bulk of it will arrive. Supposedly it will be worse on Friday when 50 mph winds come to town...better make sure the generator is working!!! Jamie..start home schooling so Madison can take an earlier leave from school...poor kids! This is when it would be nice to have online classes for them or cable classroom lessons!

dieselsweetheart
02-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Kathy...it's great you are joining us!!! Ah I may have to dig out that margarita machine!!!

dieselsweetheart
02-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi Tom...can you send me a PM and give me your info...name, etc so I can add you to my roster.....thanks! And welcome to the rally!!!!! Yup, more snow coming in overnight...think SPRING!!!!

dieselsweetheart
02-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Geez being a Pennsyltuckian ys think you would know it is Shoo-fly pie. One of my favorites, right up there with Mince Meat and fruit cake. All specialties on my PA Dutch grandmother.

Duane, Jim might not know how to spell it but he sure knows how to eat it!!!

Jim & Harriet
02-26-2010, 01:10 PM
We are so tired of the cold and snow - nice to think about Spring and Summer RV plans.
Stay safe and warm ... see ya'll soon!

Clymer
03-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Kathy...it's great you are joining us!!! Ah I may have to dig out that margarita machine!!!

Oh my I can feel the brain freeze now...margarita's are my favorite for summer fun !!!!!!

dieselsweetheart
03-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi everybody!!! The sun is shining and the temperature is just right for a late March afternoon....wow, what a great w/e we just had!!! I bet everybody was out in their Heartland getting organized for spring! Got this winter behind us so now it's all about the planning for the fun times!!! I got an email confirmation today for another reservation but I don't know this owner....Vicki?? Can you post here if you know about us?? Thanks!!! I will be working on an attendance sheet this w/e and will get that posted so we can all see who's coming and where their sites are! Have a great week and chat soon!!!!

MrsChrispy
03-28-2010, 11:01 AM
margarita machine?!?! now THAT is my kinda camping! :D

i wish we had an exact delivery date on our 21FBS -- we've never been to a rally, and it sounds like FUN! (rumor has it that we'll take delivery end of may/early june.. apparently some delay due to our choice of fabric).

my husband used to camp at spring gulch as a child and it's still on our list to get to this year -- he's definitely in at just the mention of the shady maple!

dieselsweetheart
03-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi Tricia! Thanks for checking in!!! I hope you get your North Trail ASAP too!!! We'd love to have you join us! Are you brave enough to go to TN and the big rally?? It's a long trip but we are breaking it down over 2 days...hope you're thinking of attending...last year we attended the big rally for the first time...and we had a great time...lots of fun people! Stay in touch!

dieselsweetheart
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Just a reminder for those of you who aren't "official" owners... meaning you didn't join and get your membership plaque...I highly recommend that you do!! Let Jim Beletti know you want to become a member of the owners club...the sooner the better!!!

dieselsweetheart
04-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Hello everyone!! By now I'm sure you are stocking up your Heartlands in preparation for your first camping trip of the season....we are headed out in 2 weekends and can't wait! I hope the w/e is as nice as what we've had...

I just wanted to prepare you all for the game we will be playing at our rally in June...we are going to play "Minute to Win It" and if you haven't yet seen the show on NBC I suggest you take a look...Sunday nights at 8p on your local NBC channel. You have a minute to complete a task and move on to higher levels. We will play in teams. Also, check out the game online...look under NBC.com and check out the show!!

Happy April!

cableman
04-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Just came in from loading and hooking up the north trail. We will be taking our first trip of the year. Leaving tomorrow and going to wolfs in knox Pa. nice campground and they have a nine hole golf corse if it don't rain all weekend. Looking forward to the june rally.

mjatwalker
04-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Better late than never. We just booked our reservation for your rally. We will be on Site 1536, arriving June 11 departing June 14. We are looking forward to joining the fun.

dieselsweetheart
04-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi Dan and Lexie..have a wonderful time!!! We are headed out this coming w/e to Lum's Pond in DE...just south of Wilmington. We tour the DuPont mansions and gardens when we are there. That's always our first trip out...not too far... getting excited for the campfire again...hope it doesn't rain! Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

Hi Ann...welcome to our Pa group! We are happy to have you! Stay tuned for more info!!

dieselsweetheart
04-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Was hunted down last w/e while at Lum's Pond in Newark by a great couple who saw my post that we'd be there...they just purchased a 3670 (my dream machine) and are very excited to join the Heartland family...they are going to join the owners club... they are also Harley people...came over on their "hog" LOL does anyone call them hogs anymore?? Jim and uh oh...? Kelly? They promised they would write to us here but haven't heard from them yet. They are signed up to join us at our Pa rally! Welcome!!!

Jim & Harriet
05-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I have watched that game on TV so let me be the first to volunteer to "keep score!" Have any other meal or tour plans been
made - I seem to remember a great buffet restaurant and flea market being mentioned early in the rally discussions? Love playing those games ...

Lazydaze
05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
We have made plans to join our Heartland friends again at the PA Rally !!! Can't wait to go to Shady Maple !! We will arrive on Monday June 7th, leaving on Sunday, June 13th. We will be on site #1514.

Hallie, Eric and Ash

CampHOG
05-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Hello Cheryl,

Thanks for allowing us to interrupt your dinner at Lums Pond. We are looking forward to the Pennsylvania Rally and meeting some of the other Heartland owners / members. Maybe, we'll even find another owner in the big state of Delaware. Jim thinks we are on site 1550 at Spring Gulch ? Arriving Friday afternoon after work?

Thanks again,
Jim and Terry (aka: Kelly)

dieselsweetheart
05-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Ha ha Jim and Terry...sorry about that Terry! In fact, Lynne had remembered after I already posted.... it was good to meet you and welcome to the forum...officially!! Lazydaze, welcome to our group! We are happy to have you! Jim and Harriet...you know that rule about the first volunteer to "sit out" is the first to be volunteered to play...haha better start practicing!!

I am winding down the college semester and things are pretty busy for me right now. Next week will be a little quieter so I will be sitting down and devoting more time to planning the rally. Last year the rally was in August and school didn't interfere... but yes we are planning a trip to Shady Maple (maybe we should play The Biggest Loser after our trip there!)... Shady Maple on Sat for brunch... also, I have thoughts for a Welcome Reception on Friday evening. I'll be putting together plans for that as well.

There is a lot to do and see in this area. Let me know if you have any special interests for sight-seeing or shopping...etc. I will also be working on a directory-type book for attractions in that area! FYI, there is a comedy dinner theatre in close proximity... check out the Rainbow Dinner Theatre website for information:

https://www.rainbowdinnertheatre.com/

More information coming soon! Stay tuned!!

RollingHome
05-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Me n Patti really wish we could at least stop by to say hello because we'll so local... but we will be at a site further down south. However, if anybody needs help or a free place to stay for a day or more, call me at 302-218-9886 and I can give ya'll several days of free stay and play on our homestead... Tom

PS, I'm kinda of jealous of all the fun you dudes wil be havin :-)

dieselsweetheart
05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
http://www.padutchcountry.com/activities/lancaster-tours.asp

Check out this link for tours of Lancaster County. Let me know what interests you. There is much to do here!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi Tom and Patti! So sorry to hear you can't join us...where are you camping that w/e? Well maybe we'll meet up at one of the other rallies planned for the year...we are headed to the NJ rally in a few weeks and in July we're headed to Nashville for the big rally...geez, I hope the weather behaves when we are there! Thanks for posting and hope to meet you soon!!!

RollingHome
05-04-2010, 11:03 PM
We will be on the Delmarva Pennisula, we had to make plans last year... as in a year in advance :-) T&P

dieselsweetheart
05-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Harriet, I have the perfect job for you! Someone needs to be in charge of the money won during each level! I am working on getting a timer too for the 60 seconds! Thanks!!!

Jim & Harriet
05-05-2010, 11:14 AM
sounds perfect! 60 second timer - i think some cel phones may have an "app" for that... :-)

dieselsweetheart
05-06-2010, 05:52 AM
Jim and I will be hosting a welcome breakfast at our site on Friday AM....Saturday is Shady Maple, and Sunday we will host a "Happy Trails" breakfast to say goodbye... Saturday evening will be the "Minute to Win It" game (with prizes for the winners....no money sorry... :-))

Also, how about a recipe exchange? Since we don't have a big place to have a community dinner, bring along a favorite recipe (on a 3 X 5 card) to share...this recipe should be easy to make, with common ingredients (no trips to a specialty store), and RV'ing friendly (which means we can make it on the fire or on our little RV stoves). Start looking through your box of recipes now! Make sure you have multiple copies of your one recipe to share with others!!!

Jim & Harriet
05-06-2010, 09:44 AM
hi Cheryl,
is this the ShadyMaple we will visit? http://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord
looks wonderful! hard to imagine all the possibilities they have that will be good to try :-)
are you thinking of doing the breakfast? or lunch (starts at 10:45)? either would be great.
how many folks are going to be at the rally - for the recipe copies.

bill40
05-06-2010, 10:38 AM
hi Cheryl,
is this the ShadyMaple we will visit? http://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord
looks wonderful! hard to imagine all the possibilities they have that will be good to try :-)
are you thinking of doing the breakfast? or lunch (starts at 10:45)? either would be great.
how many folks are going to be at the rally - for the recipe copies.

They also have a huge shopping area down stairs from the restaurant.

Jim & Harriet
05-06-2010, 01:43 PM
wow ... all that food to try and shopping too ... priceless!:angel:

dieselsweetheart
05-08-2010, 08:11 AM
As I am making an attendance list...I see there are a couple of double-assigned sites...did anybody take note of that? Porthole, you are one of them "co-bedding" with someone else. I need to call Spring Gulch today and see what is going on... Stay tuned!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Breakfast for the meal at Shady Maple. That way we can keep the cost lower...when lunchtime comes the cost goes up!!

dieselsweetheart
05-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Ok, one mystery solved.... one attendee had the incorrect site #.... but now working on 1553 which belongs to Porthole but reported to me by tomjanej as that site also. Will wait to get that solved and then will post attendance and site roster!! A little more than a month to go....!

Happy Mom's Day to all the moms in the Heartland family!!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-08-2010, 08:37 AM
16 attendees (rigs) so far! Thought I could let you know that in the meantime...

truknutt
05-08-2010, 10:06 AM
16 attendees (rigs) so far! Thought I could let you know that in the meantime...

Names, we want names!!

dieselsweetheart
05-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Trukie, you're not even attending!!!! :-( I will miss you!!! I guess you're not going to NJ either huh?

truknutt
05-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Can't do it. Momma has all my vacation time allocated this year. Cruising the Med is taking care of most of it and then the Nashville Rally gets a week. I'm hoping we'll hit the NY rally, though.

tomjanej
05-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Just spoke with Spring Gulch. They did some juggling to accommodate folks and moved us to 1520. Guess they were going to surprise us when we arrived.
That's fine and we look forward to meeting you all. 2" of snow on the ground here this morning. UGH

Louise Burton
05-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Do they know what they are doing ? Called to try to register for a spot and they said that none were available in that area of that park and they could offer a w/e site in different section of the park - I guess we can always call back and try to get someone who cares a little more....

jbeletti
05-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Louise,

Did you mention code 7203 when you called? It must be a code to more info about this event for the reservationists.

Jim

tomjanej
05-11-2010, 06:20 AM
They were a bit 'snippy' when I called. I explained that two of us (porthole and us) had been confirmed for the same site. I was told that was 'impossible' with their system???
Anyway, they looked up my confirmation # and told me that I had been moved to 1520. That's ok but it would have been nice if they had emailed me or something to let us know as its a bit
unnerving to think you might travel 400 miles and not have a site ! Louise, hope to see you there. Looks like a beautiful park -- once we get straightened out. Happy Camping

dieselsweetheart
05-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Jane, happy that they fixed things...and you're right...they would've had to fix that as you were checking in...not good. Glad the mystery is solved!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh yeah...they were playing around with Porthole and Hertzberg sites...moving them back and forth...that's why you got caught in the middle of that... they moved them without asking too...then when they complained they moved them back. Somewhere in that move you got inserted into 1553. Have to think that the KOA in Pine Grove and Oogie wouldn't have done that!!!!

RollingHome
05-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Least you guys gotta site :-) Me and Patti are stuck down south 200 miles away from all you good people, by ourselves ! Wanna swap ?

Just kiddin, as long as I'm with her I'm happy as a snug in a bug... cause SHE's my sweetie :-)

Louise Burton
05-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey Jim,
Mark did mention to whomever he spoke to that we were part of the Heartland Group, and he gave them the code. He was told we could book a site in another location I believe without full hook-ups. I will call them today with the hope that someone else will be more willing to look a little further. We really want to be there and be amongst the group.

Louise Burton
05-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Jim,
Good news! There was a cancellation yesterday, and Mark and I were able to reserve site #1576. Bad news is the young lady spoke to a manager about the possible "expanded" sites for Heartland, and he said that because they did not hear back in time from Heartland, they booked them all. There may be some other sites available, but not with the group. I did want to say that the young lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful. Very glad I called back....see everyone soon!

tomjanej
05-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Glad to hear that, Louise. I had a hard time believing ALL their sites were booked, even those reasonably close to everyone else BUT looked at their events calendar and saw its
"Bluegrass Festival' weekend ---- lots of Bluegrass fans in PA???

dieselsweetheart
05-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Attendees

PA Rally June 11-13th

Name

Rig

Arrival Date

Site #

Cheryl and Jim

BH3400

6/9

Jamie, Ginger and Madison

North Trail

6/10

Freckles (Greg and Beth Dean)

6/10

Debbie and John Bylinski

BH

6/10

Bill and Jerry

BC

6/10

Ringhanger (Bob and Dianne)

6/11

Eric and Dorothy

sundance

6/10

Jim and Harriet

Sundance

6/11

Patti and Jon

BH

6/10

Dan and Lexie

Duane and Debbie

Cyclone

6/10

Lee and Kathy

BC

6/10

tomjanej

Ann and Michael Walker

BC

6/11

Hallie and Eric

Sundance

6/7

Jim and Terry

6/11

Louise

dieselsweetheart
05-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Take a look everybody at the roster of attendees... I am missing some information...arrival dates, rig info, and full names. Please send me a message to help fill in the blanks if it's you I need to do that!

Thanks!

CampHOG
05-12-2010, 07:43 PM
BH 3670rl here is the info that is missing on mine

tomjanej
05-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Here's our missing info --- Tom and Jane Jones
Sundance/28rls
6/6

Louise Burton
05-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Actually, I need to read the forums more carefully. I thought more sites were made available - and seems they were - back in February. How silly I feel now. Naturally, they will book up, especially if there is a Bluegrass Festival. So very sorry to Heartland, especially Cheryl, in thinking they missed a deadline. Bluegrass?! My husband will be over the moon -- he just loves that stuff!

porthole
05-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Take a look everybody at the roster of attendees... I am missing some information...arrival dates, rig info, and full names. Please send me a message to help fill in the blanks if it's you I need to do that!

Thanks!

Bob & Denise?

dieselsweetheart
05-13-2010, 04:18 PM
duh!!! I think what happened was that Denise told me on Facebook, not here on the forum and that's how I missed them! Thanks Porthole!!

Jim & Harriet
05-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Bluegrass Weekend ... we are coming from southwest Virginia ... we love Bluegrass!

dieselsweetheart
05-13-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't know where the Bluegrass festival is but I will find out...it wasn't on the schedule when we booked last fall!!

dieselsweetheart
05-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Hey everyone....if you'd like a PA rally T-shirt, let me know! Depending on how many interested will affect the cost of the shirt...but I think I can order shirts 36 shirts and they will cost you $10 a piece. I am trying to save rally money for the breakfast buffet at Shady Maple....which, by the way...benefits CLUB MEMBERS! So, if you aren't a CLUB MEMBER..why the heck not??? Check out the forum for information on becoming a CLUB MEMBER! Get yourself a number!!!! Most of you are, but there may be two or three of you here who aren't. Do you know you can save $$$$ at rallies by being a CLUB MEMBER??? The membership fee pays for itself in a short amount of time.... Fellow CLUB MEMBERS, chime in here please and let's convince the non-members to join!!! Do it for your hubby, your wife, your sister, your brother, your daughter, your son...oh heck!!! JUST DO IT!!!!:angel:

Oh, and if you want a shirt at the PA rally, I need sizes!

Jim & Harriet
05-13-2010, 05:37 PM
if you check the campground calendar I think that it is listed as Bluegrass Weekend including a concert
on Saturday night with "East Side Dave and the Mountain Folk Band."

cableman
05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
This is the info you are looking for. Dan and lexie staying in a north trail, and we will be arriving friday the 11th and staying till monday.

cableman
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
please put us down for a medium and an xtra large on the t-shirt list. Thank you

Jim & Harriet
05-13-2010, 06:43 PM
our Heartland Club # is 1062 ... I guess we should add that to our signature.

Louise Burton
05-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Definitely JOIN! Mark and I became members in the last year and only have one rally under our belt, however, we had so much fun, we signed up for two more this year and possibly will do a third one. All the leaders and members couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome, and before we knew it we felt as if we belonged. Yes JOIN NOW! - You're almost there anyway just by sharing with us a common love of camping and the outdoors. We can't wait to see all our wonderful, new Heartland friends again and know there will be many more. One of my favorite evenings was the pot luck dinner...Nelly's 4 layer blueberry cake was actually made in her convection oven!!! I got so many ideas - the variety....! Also, thanks Deb, I still remember your line dance! Become a member and share in the fellowship - you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner!!!

Louise Burton
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Oooops, forgot to say we would like one extra large and one medium t-shirt. Thanks!!!

jnbhobe
05-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey everyone....if you'd like a PA rally T-shirt, let me know! Depending on how many interested will affect the cost of the shirt...but I think I can order shirts 36 shirts and they will cost you $10 a piece. I am trying to save rally money for the breakfast buffet at Shady Maple....which, by the way...benefits CLUB MEMBERS! So, if you aren't a CLUB MEMBER..why the heck not??? Check out the forum for information on becoming a CLUB MEMBER! Get yourself a number!!!! Most of you are, but there may be two or three of you here who aren't. Do you know you can save $$$$ at rallies by being a CLUB MEMBER??? The membership fee pays for itself in a short amount of time.... Fellow CLUB MEMBERS, chime in here please and let's convince the non-members to join!!! Do it for your hubby, your wife, your sister, your brother, your daughter, your son...oh heck!!! JUST DO IT!!!!:angel:

We have been members since the beginning of the club. What a great organization !! So many many benefits, and we have such a great time. Cheryl, we would love to have tee shirts also, a large and a 2X for Patti and Jon

dieselsweetheart
05-13-2010, 09:01 PM
I think we have mostly members in our group as people are reporting in that they are members...I'm still waiting to hear from 2 more on my list.... ok on the shirts!!! Thanks everybody!!! Ya we will miss the potluck dinner this year...they have dancing in the "barn" every Saturday night and didn't want to give it up...but I have something else in mind...stay tuned!

dieselsweetheart
05-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Jim and Harriet, yes...be sure to add your member # to your signature!!! Thanks!!!

boatto5er
05-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Cheryl and Jim,

Sounds like you guys will have a lot of fun. Sorry Deb and I can't make it this year. So many rallies, so little vacation time (retirement can't come soon enough!). Hope to make it next year though. We'll see you in July!

dieselsweetheart
05-14-2010, 06:24 AM
HI Gus and Deb....yes, you can't attend them all if you are still reporting for ...ugh...work. Looking forward to seeing you in July...Jim says as soon as it starts raining down there we are leaving...lol I'd be more worried about tornadoes!

bill40
05-14-2010, 09:23 AM

Great Point Cheryl,
The club certainly help lead us to some new great friends, how do you put a price on that. We would need two XL

tomjanej
05-14-2010, 10:04 AM
If its not too late, order us a large and xlarge shirt, please?

truknutt
05-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Great Point Cheryl,
The club certainly help lead us to some new great friends, how do you put a price on that. We would need two XL

Bill, 2 XL; are you sick, losing weight? :)

JWalker
05-14-2010, 03:02 PM
The count down begins......I just need to stop by the bank and dip into my savings to pay the PA Turnpike fair.:eek::eek:

Put us down for 2 large and 1 small.

Jamie

bill40
05-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Bill, 2 XL; are you sick, losing weight? :)
Maybe I should request the one for me with a pouch. We will miss you two. maybe we can catch up in NY, we are thinking about it also.

truknutt
05-15-2010, 06:22 AM
Where's that Horst guy? It's his birthday today so.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM H.

dbylinski
05-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey Cheryl,

Please put us down for two Shirts (XL) please. Gotta be careful how I say that cause TrukNutt's watching for opportunities!

Happy Birthday Jim! Enjoy!

jnbhobe
05-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Where's that Horst guy? It's his birthday today so.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM H.

Happy Birthday Jim !! Hope you have a great day and many many more.

dieselsweetheart
05-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all your birthday wishes for Jim....he did have a great day! He went down to his parents and picked up another big batch of future firewood...this added to what we already have in the backyard will keep us sitting around the campfire for many, many, many years to come! Then I took him out to Applebee's for dinner...next we've got to try out the Margarita machine before the NJ rally next week!!! And the weather is beautiful!!! So yes, a great day!!!

I took note of all of your sizes for shirts! Thanks!!!

So we have 18 rigs for the PA rally.... so, get your favorite recipe out to share with each other....17 copies.... thanks!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Some of us will be n and settled before Friday...what I would like to do is to have a walk-around to meet everyone (those who are arriving Friday)...say hello...maybe share a snack (there's that favorite recipe maybe?) or a drink with each other?? Friday AM Jim and I will be hosting breakfast at our site to meet those who are already in....remember Jim's waffles from last year?? Back by popular demand!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Ding ding ding!!! (confetti flying)... we are now at 100% of members for the PA rally!!!! YAY!!!!!! Our newest member, CampHOG just PM'd me that he is now signed up! YAY CampHOG!!!! WTG!!!! Awesome!!! Heartland Owners ROCK!!!!!

dieselengineer
05-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks everyone for all the nice B day messages. Oh by the way, the Margarita machine is operational. It only took three or four tall glasses to get it all working correctly. Or was that five glasses, it is hard to remember.

Jim & Harriet
05-16-2010, 10:57 AM
hi all,
we will be arriving around lunchtime on Friday, sorry to miss the waffles :-(
just wondered if anyone might like to visit the Green Dragon flea market?
http://www.greendragonmarket.com/
it looks pretty amazing.
I know we could only see a very small part of it - but it might be worth the trip (if not too far.)
(if you are planning to head there Friday morning - I understand, Jim & I could head there
later in the day.)

dieselsweetheart
05-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Not a problem missing waffles on Friday...they'll reappear on Sunday at the goodbye b-fast!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-16-2010, 06:35 PM
The Green Dragon is a huge flea market/farmers market in that area. I haven't been to it but there is a similar place named ROOTS that is only open on Tuesdays near the Salunga exit off 283. You can find pretty much anything at these places!

dieselsweetheart
05-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh, if you're going to PM me, I emptied my mailbox...it's ready for another batch of PMs!

porthole
05-17-2010, 09:57 AM
hi all,
we will be arriving around lunchtime on Friday, sorry to miss the waffles :-(
just wondered if anyone might like to visit the Green Dragon flea market?
http://www.greendragonmarket.com/
it looks pretty amazing.
I know we could only see a very small part of it - but it might be worth the trip (if not too far.)
(if you are planning to head there Friday morning - I understand, Jim & I could head there
later in the day.)

150+ miles from the campground - 1 way. Only fro the NJ Rally

truknutt
05-17-2010, 01:49 PM
150+ miles from the campground - 1 way.

The Green Dragon is minutes from the campground, Duane.

475 Lynch Road New Holland, PA to 955 North State Street, Ephrata, PA = 13.69 miles

porthole
05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
The Green Dragon is minutes from the campground, Duane.

475 Lynch Road New Holland, PA to 955 North State Street, Errata, PA = 13.69 miles

Duh - I was reading several threads lined up on the tool bar, knew Jim & Harriet where going to the NJ Rally and just assumed this was the NJ thread -- double duh.

Jim & Harriet
05-17-2010, 02:45 PM
so may places to see. so many rallies to attend - did not mean to confuse the issue:confused:
I figured there was a mix-up 'cause I checked trhe drive distance from the PA cg to the
flea market and saw it was much closer than 150 miles. :rolleyes:
might go to the flea market on Saturday afternoon - unless we just decide to nap after
the breakfast buffet!

dieselsweetheart
05-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Thought maybe Porthole was checking out HIS new margarita machine!!! ;-)

JWalker
05-17-2010, 05:47 PM
I was just thinking about the SEGWAY tours we had last year at the rally. Lots of fun!!!

Remember this....
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9noaDzE6iMA/Sosh6vzz17I/AAAAAAAANqM/3TTXAzgI7mg/s720/DSC_7803.JPG

dieselengineer
05-17-2010, 06:37 PM
That was fun, and seeing Dave (Truknutt) fall on his butt was excellent!

truknutt
05-17-2010, 06:44 PM
I was distracting Serge so you could finally get it off "TURTLE" mode!! You missed the best part of my body going through all those gyrations trying to keep my balance. All you saw was me on my butt!! :P

dieselsweetheart
05-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Ok, time to talk shirts again! I'm in deep negotiations with Martin apparel who does the work for Heartland. Some of you have sent me your sizes...the rest of you have until Thursday AM to let me know what sizes you would like your shirts to be.... As you know...we are NJ bound on Thursday AM but I will check in before I go for all you procrastinators!!!

dieselengineer
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh yes, the "turtle mode" boy that mode was very boring. They came to life with the segway on fast mode. That was fun, we should be the first heartland chapter to have a Segway as a mascot.

truknutt
05-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Shall we all get "TATS" to commemorate the event?!

dieselengineer
05-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey Honey, can we get a small picture of a Segway (mascot) on the shirts?

dieselsweetheart
05-18-2010, 06:12 AM
If we go back to Pine Grove next year I'm sure we can do that. Eric (the owner) would probably like that.

Clymer
05-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi Cheryl

Please put us in for 2 shirts.. (1) L (1) XXL

Thanks

dieselsweetheart
05-21-2010, 02:06 PM
There are some of us here at the NJ rally this w/e! Beautiful weather....may be be so lucky in a few w/e's!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-23-2010, 04:49 PM
The NJ rally has ended their w/e and what a great time we all had...looking forward to 3 weeks when we can all meet again in Pa. Stay tuned!!!

porthole
05-23-2010, 09:26 PM
The NJ rally has ended their w/e and what a great time we all had...looking forward to 3 weeks when we can all meet again in Pa. Stay tuned!!!

Ended - we just had a trailer full at the Belletti estate for dinner - dessert = general kibitzing.

ringhanger
05-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Our unit is a 3370RL Bighorn. Sorry for the late rsponse, I really need to keep up with this forum better.

dieselsweetheart
05-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks Bob, and yes, you need to check in more frequently as the next 3 weeks approach...for announcements!

I am calling Shady Maple tomorrow for reservations. I am planning that everyone will attend...if you aren't going to attend, PM me. Breakfast buffet at the Shady Maple is the best way to start any day!!

As I mentioned to some of the folks attending the NJ rally who are also coming to Pa...make sure you check out the NBC show "Minute to Win-it". It is on Wednesday and Sunday evenings..check your local listings!!

Deb B. from NJ gave me a better idea about the recipes...in fact, she started a ring folder with recipes so I will continue what she has started and for those of you who didn't attend NJ I will start a ring binder for you.... so, please PM me a favorite recipe of yours....no later than Monday June 7th please!!

That's all for now!!!

RollingHome
05-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Cheryl & Jim, Patti and I will not be attending your rally, However I have been following your event with enthusiasm behind the scenes. I must say, you have been putting 100% + into this event and we really hope someday to meet you and Jim. I think PA is really blessed to have someone with so much energy and commitment as you two. So until we meet we wish you well and keep up the good representation of PA to the rest of our fine country neighbors. We wish you well, Tom & Patti

PS I love Jim's or yours Triump...

dieselsweetheart
05-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Tom and Patti....are you going to the Nashville rally? If not, we hope you will attend the local rallies next season...we do have a fun time...just check out the photos under the gallery link!! That is Jim's Triumph and he needs to get back to it so we can go out for rides this summer!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Sorry, you may be out of luck for a site. If you are fairly flexible and think you want to attend, call Spring Gulch and check for any cancellations that may have come up. That's our how newest couple signed up! Have Janet put you on their cancellation schedule for that w/e and she can give you a call if something should come up.... I know people go to one rally and have so much fun they want to go to more!! (As it should be right??).... so for those of you who had fun at NJ and want to visit PA...give SG a call to see what they can do for you!

Recovered from 25-May-2010
05-25-2010, 04:33 PM
hi all,
I know that everyone is looking forward to the rally but, looking toward July, Jim and I will be heading back into PA but need to find a CG closer to Philadelphia. Anyone have any ideas? We have stayed at the KOA in West Chester - but we found it difficult to get to and the sites were quite "hilly."
Appreciate any suggestions ...
thanks for your help - see ya'll soon! :angel:

05-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Check out the first post (the rally info thread) for updated info...scroll to the bottom...Jim put a new post in today concerning Shady Maple. This is a "no cost" event.

RollingHome
05-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Jim & Harriet, have you considered Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Quarryville, PA. ? Their pnone number is 717-786-3458 I think they charge $ 54,00/nite and offer packages. It's more geared up to family's and kids but... it's about 1.3 hours from Philly and in a nice country setting. A second choice is our place, the cost is free, ya get electric and total country and it's kinda ruffin it for a couple of days. The cost is free. ya can't beat dat, can ya ? If it were me, I'd choose the yogi place... JMO

dieselsweetheart
05-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Hello everyone...I just received a PM about a pending cancellation in one of our sites. If you know of someone, or are interested in joining us...please let me know ASAP!!!! It is the site next to ours so I don't want to fill it with an SOB... there was another NJ couple who expressed interest in coming to PA....do we know who they are?? ASAP!!!!!

dieselsweetheart
05-26-2010, 09:30 PM
The photos from the NJ rally are posted on the HOG page...check them out! We had ourselves some FUN! I noticed that the margarita machine got it's picture taken at least 4 times!

05-31-2010, 06:57 AM
good photos! it was really a fun event. I'm sure the PA rally will be another good time for
everyone.
Looking for info about the Brandywine Crek CG - anyone been there? the reviews post
warnings about the enrty road - just wondered if it is really "that bad." Thanks for the
help.
See ya'll soon.

06-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Finally decided to check out the forum....I'm rarely on as you can tell!!! You can usually find me on FB. Just called Spring Gulch to make sure our reservation was still there. We are on site 1554. Thought I saw that someone else was on that site. I was a little concerned when I read that their were double bookings. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone and starting out our camping seasons! You heard right....this is our first trip out this season. I think Bob needs to retire so we can hit the road!!! I saw that someone was asking about a Bluegrass festival? Their is a Blues/jazz festival this Saturday in Elverson. It is called the Chester County Blues Barbecue Festival, hosted by the Lions club. Their will be 3 bands and it starts at 2 and goes until 7. If you go to Chestercountyblues.com you can find all the info. about this event. We plan to go....tickets are $17.00 a person. Look forward to seeing you soon! Denise;-)

06-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Just home from a long w/e in Chincoteague. Great place to go...stayed at the Maddox Campground...this is our 5th year of going on the Mem. day w/e....really enjoy it there and the island is pretty bike friendly... Island Creamery is a must for all you ice cream lovers... Assateague just across the bridge with the lighthouse and the ponies....

so now I'm tired! Jim and I are making a visit to SG this Sat just to refresh our memory on our sites and the layout... Denise I think the issue of the double-booking is resolved...it was because they were moving sites for you and porthole...all fixed now!!

More later!!! T-shirts are ordered and they will be here in time.... they are $10. For those who didn't order and will want one...I have extras.

dieselsweetheart
06-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that Whaler21 has taken the site next to us that was cancelled by Jamie Walker. Thanks and welcome! These folks attended the NJ rally and wanted to come to the PA one too....

hertzberg
06-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Cheryl, If you are going to Spring Gulch on Saturday you should think about checking out the Jazz festival in Elverson. You won't be that far from there. If you decide to go....let us know and we can hook up! So far they are predicting good weather for Saturday....should be a nice day for a outdoor concert!

Denise;-)

dieselsweetheart
06-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Denise, what time does it start?

Everybody...just a little over a week for the rally!!! Don't forget to PM me your recipes so I can pass them along to y'all....thanks!

Any questions??

cableman
06-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I believe I sent our recipe the other day but I am not sure. Could you let me know if you got one from Dan and Lex.

Thanks.

dieselsweetheart
06-02-2010, 10:08 PM
No, I didn't get one from you Dan...

hertzberg
06-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey Cheryl......the Blues Festival starts at 2 and goes until 7. Have you checked out their web-site. You can listen to the bands on this site. They sound pretty good. Actually heard one of the bands about a month ago, where we were having dinner. In case you want to check this out, the web-site is Chestercountyblues.com. Let us know if you want to hook up and I will give you our cell number. Denise;-)

RollingHome
06-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Cheryl, just wondering, me an Patti plan years out. Do you have any ideas for next years (2011) Pennsylvania meet date, and is it etched in stone, just wondering. T&P

dieselsweetheart
06-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Attention everybody... I just received word (sadly) of a cancellation... let me know if you know of anyone else who wanted to attend but couldn't get a site! ASAP!!!

dieselsweetheart
06-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Rollinghome...

We are planning next year's event to hook into the big rally in Elkhart. We are going to find us a site out in western Pa (close to the Ohio border) so that folks can use the PA rally as a stop onto the big one. The big one will be in mid-June...so plan on the PA rally the week before that...

dieselsweetheart
06-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Recipes please!!!!!!

cableman
06-03-2010, 08:03 PM
We live in western pa and may have a couple of ideas. I will give it some thought and we can discuss it next week at the rally.

06-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Sounds good Dan!

Jim & Harriet
06-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Yikes! I have a difficult time planning ahead for next month! But this plan for
next year is good to know. I'll send it to my digital calendar. Any idea on
drive distance / time from western PA to the BIG rally? Also - the Elkhart rally -
# of days?
See ya'll soon... :-)
ps: sending recipe later tonight

dieselsweetheart
06-05-2010, 06:38 PM
The "big rally" is scheduled for the same amount of time that others are...however, because of the distance for some...they like to go in early...so Jim usually has "unnofficial" things planned for the early-goers. We are thinking if we have our rally S-S-M...people can leave Tues AM and head on in to Elkhart. You can always mapquest Pittsburgh, PA to Elkhart and get that mileage....Pgh is close to the Ohio border.

06-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Jim and I went to Spring Gulch today to refresh our memory since it was last fall when we last saw it. It's so much different with RVs in it! We talked to Lisa...who must be the manager...and she said YES.. we can have the Dance Barn (although limited hours) but we can have the barn on Friday 5-7 and Sat 5-7. Now we don't think much is going on before that...so we could probably tweak a 4:30 in there and make it go till 7:30. On Friday night there is Bingo at 8:30 for all you bingo lovers...and Sat at 8p is the dance.
Someone mentioned a "jazz" festival? We're not sure about that but they seemed to have their big jazz festival in May (we saw the leftover T-shirts on sale!)...we are thinking they have entertainment out on the lawn Sat in front of the dance barn. There was a band there today. So maybe that's the same idea. We'll know more when we check in on Wed because they print out the weekly activities.

So..............who's up for a simple pot luck for Friday? We can do an impromptu meet and greet (we did it in NJ huh Deb??)...so let's plan on that for Friday around 4:30-5p ish till we have to vacate. And on Sat...we can do any leftover food and desserts ...plus the game. The dance barn is nice and big...tables and chairs...plenty of room to play the game plus have something to eat!

So I feel a lot better since we went down there and I talked to Lisa...who I didn't talk to before this. Seems she's the "go to" person!

The sites are nice! Shaded...so if it's hot...we should be cool! Plus, the pool and tennis courts are right at the end of our road...so everyone can walk to swim or play tennis...!!!

Stay tuned for more info as the week begins...Jim and I will be headed there on Wednesday late afternoon.

Here is my cell should you need to contact me: 717-497-8459

06-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Sounds good. We're game.

jnbhobe
06-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Yikes! I have a difficult time planning ahead for next month! But this plan for
next year is good to know. I'll send it to my digital calendar. Any idea on
drive distance / time from western PA to the BIG rally? Also - the Elkhart rally -
# of days?
See ya'll soon... :-)
ps: sending recipe later tonight
Pittsburg to Elkhart 360 miles about 6 hr. Goshen rally officially starts on thursday usually, I get there on sunday, monday at the latest

06-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Cheryl, Count Diane & I in for the potluck. We will not be getting there untill Firday afternoon but we will be coming ready for the activities ( food).

06-05-2010, 09:21 PM
A potluck sounds great! This time I will prepare the items before I leave so I can visit more of our friends! :)
Last years' PA rally was our first with Heartland and I remember spending so much time preparing our contribution (shrimp toast). Plus, not having brought my bread from home, my boys couldnt find the kind I usually use.

With the great cookbook Deb Bylinski put together for the New Jersey Rally :) , I sure hope everyone passes on a copy of their recipe so we can start adding to it.

I know we all cook a bit and enjoying eating a lot so we need to really start sharing them.

*****BIG PLUG***** for those going to the Nashville Rally - CHERYL has a great cookbook she will be selling there so please remember to see her for yours.. it will also make a great bridal shower gift or for xmas...***** HINT Cheryl -- time to start putting the info out unless you have and I just missed it.

See you all soon and have a safe trip.
(I am so excited because this rally is right where my bestest friend and rescue partner lives!)

06-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks Deb for the cookbook plug! I will actually have them at our rally next week! "Cooking for a Cure" was co-authored by myself and a colleague (we teach in a nursing program) and she is the captain for her area Relay for Life team. What started out as something "simple"..."hey let's pass recipes around" turned into an order for 500 books of collected recipes from other nursing faculty, church members, and other friends and family. $15 donation (every penny goes to the Relay for Life chapter) and the hardback (not spiral bound) ring binder type, 541 recipes is yours. We have received a lot of positive feedback on our collection. All the recipes contain ingredients which you would have on hand or find at the local grocery store... No recipes calling for anything odd that you wouldn't be able to find... everything from smoothies to cakes to potatoes to lollipops to dog biscuits...and even a recipe for bluebird food and rabbit and rodent deterrent!!! Conveniently cross-referenced by author AND recipe title....

I will take cash or a check. $15 to help the fight against cancer. We really need to find that cure to all cancers...medicine has made much advancements and improvements over the years...but we need to find the way to end all cancer!

Thank you!!!

dieselsweetheart
06-06-2010, 08:17 AM
For the potluck I will have some pork BBQ to share...plus a dessert.... we will provide bottled water...so if you want something different to drink...please bring your choice of beverage...!

Jim & Harriet
06-06-2010, 10:02 AM
hi cheryl,
sending the recipe by PM. let me know if you receive it (or not...)

for the potluck - how many foks are signed-up? will there be electric outlets for a crock-pots?
or should we plan to bring salads, etc? either is fine - just need to know what to cook.

see you soon...

dieselsweetheart
06-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes there is electric in the dance barn..I would bring enough to share... 35 servings let's say.... by then most everyone should be in and set up... salads will be needed too~ I did get your recipe...thanks! Last call for recipes is noon tomorrow (Monday)... thanks! We have a nice variety to share~

f250dieseldad
06-06-2010, 11:22 AM
We are in for pot luck

dieselsweetheart
06-06-2010, 01:17 PM
See the very first thread (rally info) and scroll to the bottom...in red Jim put fuel info in.

dieselsweetheart
06-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Yesterday when we went through the CG we saw our loop and the mini-winis were having their rally. Their wagonmaster was on our site so we chatted a bit with him. Everyone was happy with their site up there. He was also bringing back hanging baskets he said were on sale at Shady Maple for $5....Jim said...don't buy them all out...save us some!!! There is more to Shady Maple than just food!!!!

Jim & Harriet
06-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Shady Maple sounds like it could be an "all day" event by itself!
Thanks for all your organizing and planning.
See ya'll in a few days!

hertzberg
06-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Their is shopping at Shady Maple.....Haven't been in awhile but remember shopping at a place like Michael's. I actually have been wanting to get up there.....looking for some straw flowers. I seem to remember that it was much like a Farmer's market. It will give everyone something to do after having a BIG breakfast!!!! I think everyone is going to like Spring Gulch. Bob and I love camping there. We have another trip scheduled there a few weeks later.

Flying Dutchman
06-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Pot luck Friday sounds good to us. We will bring, .... , well something pot luck. Most probably made from ingredients found at the Shady Maple Farmers Market. I predict we will wear deep tracks between Spring Gulch and Shady Maple. Good thing they are close, and thanks Jim for the info on diesel fuel. We may need that.
See you all soon.

ArlingtonFire
06-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Everyone have a safe weekend.....I will have thoughts of camping while at my daughters softball tournament

f250dieseldad
06-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Is anyone staying over until Monday? We are.

dieselsweetheart
06-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Craig and kids....PM me...are you going to any other rallies this year?

jnbhobe
06-07-2010, 04:22 PM

Well John now that you twisted my arm I guess I'll have to stay over till monday :cool::cool::cool:

dbylinski
06-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Is that fried pork chops I smell???????

06-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Is that fried pork chops I smell???????

Aw man! Gonna miss a great rally and "after rally - rally" :(

Have Jon and John split a second chop for me :)

Jim

mjatwalker
06-07-2010, 07:55 PM

We will be there with you John

gschaaf
06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
See everyone up there coming in fri afternoon. If there are any shirts left over Fran and I will buy them Cheryl. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

Glenn and Fran Schaaf
3185 Bighorn
2006 Ford F-350
#HOC 1536

jimtoo
06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi Glenn and Fran,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have lots of great people here on the forum and you are about to meet some of them at the rally.

Hey Cheryl... looks like an open invitation to sell those extra small shirts you ordered by mistake...Glenn says he will by the left overs....:D

Glenn,, you and Fran are going to have a ball at the rally...

Enjoy the forum and check out the Heartland Owners Club. (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/7705-BENEFITS-Click-here-for-a-list-of-club-benefits)

Jim M

dieselsweetheart
06-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Now I'm gonna be jealous that you can stay over a day but SOME of us have to be back to work on Monday morning. I'm glad we are going on Wednesday to be with the early birds. The weather forecast is 84, 90, and **** for Sunday. Since our sites are shaded with plenty of trees, we should remain fairly cool!

Final count....18 rigs, 36 people. Didn't count the furry critters.

dieselsweetheart
06-07-2010, 10:20 PM
oooooo look haha I got censured for saying ****....haha that's funny!

06-08-2010, 08:45 AM
I had ordered 2 small shirts and both were specially ordered...so due to a cancellation I will have one extra...unless Jamie wants his shirts but he is under no obligation to buy them since he can't make it. I will have extra shirts because overall the price was better based on a specific number of shirts...I didn't want to get stuck with many extras but I think I will have at least 6 left over. Anxious to see everyone. Jim and I will be there at camp around 6p tomorrow...looks like we will be driving in the rain...but that should be the other rain of the weekend! Lots to do yet!!! Busy busy busy!!!!

06-08-2010, 09:52 AM
If you have 2 xl shirts, John and I will buy them. We are also staying over to Monday. Arriving Friday afternoon Hope to see everyone soon.

Mary An & John Proto

06-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Hope everyone has a great time, sorry we won't see you Jon. We can pick up the stories on the next go round.
Duane and Deb we will mail Molly & Misty's dog dish to you. Take care Everyone Bill & Jer

06-08-2010, 01:06 PM
It won't be them same in PA without Ma & Pa! Gonna miss you both. Ma, take care of Pa and remember we love ya!

06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Hope everyone has a great time, sorry we won't see you Jon. We can pick up the stories on the next go round.
Duane and Deb we will mail Molly & Misty's dog dish to you. Take care Everyone Bill & Jer

Bill
Going to miss you, work on getting better. Just remember, The dodge boys are ahead by one, (hee hee).

06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
For all you FORD owners with the thirsty diesel powerstokes, Martin's Trailside express diesel is $2.89 gal (06/08/10).

f250dieseldad
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I will bring my fuel. $ 2.70 in NJ

Jim & Harriet
06-08-2010, 08:13 PM
about $2.85 for diesel here is Roanoke, VA. Just glad it's not
any higher... :-)

cableman
06-08-2010, 08:30 PM
We were thinking about going golfing on sunday afternoon. Don't have a tee time yet, but if anyone is interested would love to play a foursome or more. We are really anxious to meet everyone. We will be staying till monday too. See yunz soon.

dieselsweetheart
06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Dan if my son were going to be in town he would love to play with you...but he is headed to Orlando with a buddy courtesy of the buddy's dad (who lives in Orlando) to play golf as a graduation present. PA has some very nice courses....

Deb and John....please bring 200 gallons of diesel with you. You want to share with everyone don't you? ;-)

Oh and everyone...bring your mosquito repellant. I was just out in the backyard loading up the Big Horn and I swear I have 6 new bites. They are ferocious this year and we're barely underway for the season!!!

Cheryl Cell: 717-497-8459

Freckles
06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Bill & Jerry , We will miss you both !! Hope you get felling better Bill !! We will represent the GM product proudly on your behalf !!!!

dieselengineer
06-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I will bring my fuel. $ 2.70 in NJ

Hey John, So now I understand how you can afford to operate the powerstoke. (hee hee) Diesel is always more pricey in PA, that because we pump our own at the pumps.

porthole
06-09-2010, 12:12 AM

Tuesday checkout.

06-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Have a great time in PA, wish we could join you! Debbie eat a pork chop for me :)

dieselsweetheart
06-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Getting ready to head out so we will be offline until we can find wi-fi at the campsite. If you need me....call my cell 717 497 8459. See y'all soon!!!!!!!!!

truknutt
06-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Are we there, yet?!!!!

dbylinski
06-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks Sam. You can be sure of one thing. If there are two pork chops on the table, they both belong to John! We'll miss ya Sista!

PSF513
06-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Y'all enjoy yourselves. Some of us have to work occasionally so we can afford to RALLY!

DEB: The Y'all is for you.

boatto5er
06-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Y'all enjoy yourselves. Some of us have to work occasionally so we can afford to RALLY!

DEB: The Y'all is for you.

Pete, you and I both need to RETIRE!!!

jnbhobe
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
:confused:I'm listening for the party,we are sitting at the front gate ( its 9:45 pm ) waiting for the office to open in the morning. Then we'll wake everyone and get the party started :cool::cool:

mjatwalker
06-10-2010, 05:54 AM
We hope to roll out about 10:00 should be there around 1:00

See Y'all Soon

mjatwalker
06-10-2010, 06:31 AM
We were thinking about going golfing on sunday afternoon. Don't have a tee time yet, but if anyone is interested would love to play a foursome or more. We are really anxious to meet everyone. We will be staying till monday too. See yunz soon.

I am allways up for a round of golf. Count me in.

Mike

boatto5er
06-10-2010, 06:51 AM
I am allways up for a round of golf. Count me in.

Mike

Or "Cow Pasture Pool" as Mike calls it...(and the way I play it!)

dbylinski
06-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Hoping to pull out about 1:30. We should see all y'all by 4:00pm. Safe travels too all!

porthole
06-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Really guys we are coming! Duane had a neat job that kept him tied up prior to leaving and then he had to really work at his real other job .
Of course, he had to do a few modifications too prior to leaving. This was instead of showing up and having to modify something the minute we got level as was the case at the great New Jersey Rally.
So dont let anyone take our spot Cheryl or Denise's other side may come out...

Boy would it be nice to arrive before dark....
Have fun!

porthole
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Everyone have a safe weekend.....I will have thoughts of camping while at my daughters softball tournament
So close too. We will miss you and good luck to the girls' softbasll team.. I so miss the days.....

boatto5er
06-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Really guys we are coming! Duane had a neat job that kept him tied up prior to leaving and then he had to really work at his real other job .
Of course, he had to do a few modifications too prior to leaving. This was instead of showing up and having to modify something the minute we got level as was the case at the great New Jersey Rally.
So dont let anyone take our spot Cheryl or Denise's other side may come out...

Boy would it be nice to arrive before dark....
Have fun!

But that would set a new precedent Duane!

jnbhobe
06-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I think Duane just pulled in at 10:45 pm

dbylinski
06-11-2010, 05:32 AM
It would be unusual to actually see Duane and Deb arrive. We usually wake up and find them backed in! Although, there is an art to night backing and Duane's got it down pat!

dieselsweetheart
06-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Duane rocked at getting back in around 11pm.... assisted by the extremely large and brilliant (something like 2 kazillion megawatts) flashlight owned by the diesel engineer.... do they still call them flashlights when they are that big??? I think they saw that beam of light on the space station! And thanks also go out to Freckles who also came back out to see what all the commotion was about!

Having a great time and the b-fast at Shady Maple was quite the experience! The weather continues to be beautiful and the fellowship is the best!!!!

dieselsweetheart
06-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks again everyone for a wonderful rally weekend! The weather was beautiful...the food in ample supply...and the friendship abounding!!! Hope you all had a safe trip home! Next up, Nashville! See many of you there!

MrsSouthernNights
06-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Where are the pictures?????? I know I'm probably not looking in the right spot so I will venture further!
Hope everyone had an awesome time! :)

dieselsweetheart
06-13-2010, 05:24 PM
One of our photographers is staying until tomorrow....my DH has not uploaded pics off his camera yet....they will go into the HOG! I haven't seen anything either but I'm sure we have lots to show!