------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 20
  • Site fee: $49.80 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $TBD Per Person
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 6/12/2010
  • Potluck time: Shady Maple Time

• Event Leader: dieselengineer(click to contact)
Additional Info:
2010 PA Chapter Rally

We have secured our rally site for the 2010 season! We're really excited about this place. Very nice, large, level, wooded sites, plenty of room between you and your nearest and dearest neighbor. Think state park but privately owned. Themed weekends...2 pools, mini-golf, swim lake with beach, horseshoe pits, volleyball, and a Saturday night dance at the barn. Full hook-ups on all sites with cable...plus wi-fi in selected areas.

Deep in the heart of Amish farms, outlet shopping, antiques, food (lots of food including Amish restaurants), amusement park, a railroad museum and train tour, and comedy theatre, just to name a few places of interest!

Welcome to SPRING GULCH RESORT CAMPGROUND!

In Lancaster County, this resort is easily accessible from the PA turnpike. Check out their website at

www.springgulch.com

June 11-13th, longer stays welcome! Please call Toll free: 1-866-864-8524 to make your reservation.

Group rate of $49.80 per night. Mention code 7203 when you call...Heartland Group.

We have lovely sites. We have reserved 20 to start with, but should we get more than 20 rigs, there is plenty of room to expand within our area....meaning, we should still all be together, even the last minute reservations...

But why wait??? Check your calendars, then put a big red circle around the dates (June 11-13) and pick up the phone. They do require full payment at time of booking. See their website for additional information.

They will hold our spots till Feb 1st (which is what I asked for) but reserve early!!!!

Tell your friends and Heartland brothers and sisters!!! Everyone welcome (even non-PA residents!!!), SOBs (and future Heartlanders) are welcome too...so if you have a friend who wants to join us...he/she is more than welcome!!

05/25/10 update

I have attached the following link for the great Shady Maple Smorgasbord:

http://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord

So mark your calendars, empty your bellys the night before, put on your over sized pants (forget the belt) and be ready to enjoy the great food on Saturday at 8:30 am. Start making room now!

06/05/10

Updates are on post 193 of this thread. Less then a week away! Also for all that have needs for diesel fuel Martin's trailside express (pacific pride) station ((168 toddy dr, East Earl, Pa (real near shady maple) has good prices and big truck stop fueling islands (big rig friendly)

06/08/10

Update: The Martin's trailside express diesel price update as of 6/8/10 is $2.89 gal.

Last edited:

dieselsweetheart

ahem! Thank you DH for that warm welcome~

The rumor is true! We have secured our rally site for the 2010 season! We're really excited about this place. Very nice, large, level, wooded sites, plenty of room between you and your nearest and dearest neighbor. Think state park but privately owned. Themed weekends...2 pools, mini-golf, swim lake with beach, horseshoe pits, volleyball, and a Saturday night dance at the barn. Full hook-ups on all sites with cable...plus wi-fi in selected areas.

Deep in the heart of Amish farms, outlet shopping, antiques, food (lots of food including Amish restaurants), amusement park, a railroad museum and train tour, and comedy theatre, just to name a few places of interest!

Welcome to SPRING GULCH RESORT CAMPGROUND!

In Lancaster County, this resort is easily accessible from the PA turnpike. Check out their website at

www.springgulch.com

June 11-13th, longer stays welcome! Please call Toll free: 1-866-864-8524 to make your reservation.

Group rate of $49.80 per night. Mention code 7203 when you call...Heartland Group.

We have lovely sites. We have reserved 20 to start with, but should we get more than 20 rigs, there is plenty of room to expand within our area....meaning, we should still all be together, even the last minute reservations...

But why wait??? Check your calendars, then put a big red circle around the dates (June 11-13) and pick up the phone. They do require full payment at time of booking. See their website for additional information.

They will hold our spots till Feb 1st (which is what I asked for) but reserve early!!!!

Tell your friends and Heartland brothers and sisters!!! Everyone welcome (even non-PA residents!!!), SOBs (and future Heartlanders) are welcome too...so if you have a friend who wants to join us...he/she is more than welcome!!

Questions???

dieselsweetheart

Oh, one more thing. For those of you logging on to their website, check out their site map...we have sites 1542-1552, 1554, 1553, and sites 1529, 1535. I think you should be able to request your site #. When you make your reservation and site #, please let me know so I can keep a record of attendees.

DH and I are in 1542.

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Hi Cheryl

We marked are calender for next year . Just have to wait to see next years work schedule We hope to be there :)

lelandpa

We also hope to be there Cheryl, we will be seasonal in Deleware but will possibly pull home for the rally.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We also hope to be there Cheryl, we will be seasonal in Deleware but will possibly pull home for the rally.

You have got to go to a rally. They are the most fun you can have in a weekend! Heck, some stray Virginians might even show up!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Site #1543. Arriving Thursday, June 10th and leaving on Sunday June 13th. (Then heading to Frontiertown in Ocean City for 5 days.....:DSWEEEEEET:D). See ya there!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Jamie, I see we are neighbors again. This is great!

Hey Dave, the ice cream man is next to me again. Isn't it great. You better sign up quick to get the other side.

dieselsweetheart

Yay!!!! I'm happy to see you all posting!!! I know it's early, and we are getting snow so it's hard to think summer....but, think SUMMER! Gives us something to look forward to!

kubo

spring gulch......great choice

Hello cheryl,
kubo here, I see that you have a pa rally for spring gulch, GREAT CHOICE !!! I can tell you from personal experience from camping there several times a year for the last 10 years, it is a great place ! and what is cool , I only live about 40 minutes away :) . You must put on your list of places to visit , shady maple buffet. Its about 10 minutes away from the campground, all pa dutch food. all you can eat, Its is awsome !!!!! (I suggest throwing away the weight scale first) The agusta is on the assembly line as I write this, If all goes well, should be taking delivery in a few weeks. then the real "schooling starts" I think I should put a yellow stripe on the back of the unit to designate a rookie, that's what nascar does on the race cars of rookie drivers, hum, sounds like a good idea to me :) Have a great day !!!!

dieselsweetheart

Hi Kubo and welcome to the Pa thread!! The Flying Dutchman (Eric and Dorothy) have already notified me of Shady Maple...but DH and I are already well familiar with the place...and YUM! I am thinking we will do our meal here instead of pot luck since we can't have the barn on Saturday anyway. It is our experience that SM is very crowded on Sat nights so I am thinking of brunch.

Yes there is so much to do there in Amish-land and eating is only part of all the fun and excitement!!!!

Make your reservation today! The info is at the beginning of this thread. I'll need to get DH to make it a permanent front page.... Use our "code" number to reserve, then let me know what site you have and date of arrival!

Enjoy your week!!!

tomjanej

Any speed freaks out there?

Hello, this our first post after taking delivery of our new Sundance 28RLS
in June. We're in upstate NY but spend lots of time in southern PA in early June most years. In case anyone is interested, the York Street Rod and Muscle car show is the weekend before your rally date. Carlisle All Ford Nationals show also. If you're into cars, you can make a full week out of your trip. Heck. we might even join in your rally fun! Happy Camping and we love our new camper.

lelandpa

Hi Kubo and welcome to the Pa thread!! The Flying Dutchman (Eric and Dorothy) have already notified me of Shady Maple...but DH and I are already well familiar with the place...and YUM! I am thinking we will do our meal here instead of pot luck since we can't have the barn on Saturday anyway. It is our experience that SM is very crowded on Sat nights so I am thinking of brunch.

Yes there is so much to do there in Amish-land and eating is only part of all the fun and excitement!!!!

Make your reservation today! The info is at the beginning of this thread. I'll need to get DH to make it a permanent front page.... Use our "code" number to reserve, then let me know what site you have and date of arrival!

Enjoy your week!!!
I'm not positive but I think Shady Maple might have a seperate room for large groups. I'll be sure not to eat for a few days before going there! Love that place.

Jim & Harriet

rally

so many rally choices ... :) might have to add this to our "to do" list. from southwestern Virginia this would be an easy drive. anyone know if there is an amtrak station anywhere near the cg location? our son lives in philadephia - may come for the weekend.

truknutt

Committed Member
so many rally choices ... :) might have to add this to our "to do" list. from southwestern Virginia this would be an easy drive. anyone know if there is an amtrak station anywhere near the cg location? our son lives in philadephia - may come for the weekend.

From Spring Gulch Resort:

Lancaster, PA (LNC) (33 min/23.5 miles)
spacer.gif
Station Building (with waiting room)
53 McGovern Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17602

Parkesburg, PA (PAR) (22 min/12.06 miles)
spacer.gif
Platform with Shelter
West First and South Culvert Streets
Parkesburg, PA 19365

dieselsweetheart

Hello, this our first post after taking delivery of our new Sundance 28RLS
in June. We're in upstate NY but spend lots of time in southern PA in early June most years. In case anyone is interested, the York Street Rod and Muscle car show is the weekend before your rally date. Carlisle All Ford Nationals show also. If you're into cars, you can make a full week out of your trip. Heck. we might even join in your rally fun! Happy Camping and we love our new camper.

Yes, York is across Rt 30 (heading west) from Lancaster. It definitely is "do-able" from the Spring Gulch. Please join us! We'd love to have you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.