Installing a fireplace in Sundance (DIY)

D

Dave Willis

Yes, we offer the fireplace in that unit. If you need a fireplace for your unit, you can get it from one of our dealers parts department.

Thanks,

wal_mart

fireplace 3100es

Got my fireplace, started to install, trying to figure out how to get power. Looked inside, after removing doors and to my surprise there was a 20 amp outlet inside of cupboard.Thanks.:)

wal_mart

fireplace 3100es

Not a finish carpenter but functional, couldn't quite match the finish. Also put a vent in. Unit is puratron infrared. Hope picture sends as an attachment.

Attachments

• 100_2092.jpg
    100_2092.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 279

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Wal Mart ; Great job looks factory , I guess I hadn't see the 3100es Floor plan looks nice.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Walt,I sent you a pm just now.I sent it before I saw your install.It looks great.I think I have a new project for this winter. Thanks. Terry

jimtoo

I wish you guys would not post stuff like this mod... It makes it kinda hard to convince the other half other wise.... But we do live in South Texas,, so we really do not need one... We have a real one in the house and have not used it for 3 years... "Easier to turn the thermostat up".

Great looking install.

Jim M

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Nice Job !!!! I just installed a fireplace in are 2900MK two months ago

Last edited by a moderator:

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Okay Wayne what a great job. But you know Duane is adding another project from your idea!!

loafer

Duane time for that 26 inch tv in your basement
Pretty cool you and Wayne are very talented handy men.
Red Green says that if the women cant find you handsome at least they can find you Handy. LOL
Good job guys givin DW more ideas
Bill

porthole

Retired
time for that 26 inch tv in your basement

The third TV in the garage (26") can do double duty as a basement TV.

very talented handy men.

That picture above is a "photoshop". But I like th eway it looks and will consider it. The amp and subwoofer can both be hidden and free up the space

Good job guys givin DW more ideas

oops :D

Picture below is the "un-photoshop"

Attachments

• 2010 Cyclone 3010_27777.jpg
    2010 Cyclone 3010_27777.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 120

trdeal

Well,we picked up our fireplace insert yesterday from Lowes.Now I need to get my dad over here so we can start the tear out of some of the cabinet where we are going to install the insert and then the install.I don't think it will be a real big job,but I also know you don't really know what you are going to get into until you get started into a job.My Dad is very good with wood working and I think his ability will make the job alot easier. I will take pictures as I go along and try to post some pictures.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
TerrY, Just a suggestion for your install. I installed one in our Sundance 3200es about three years ago. I also installed a vent in the cabinet side to let air return to the back side of the blower. It made it much more efficeint.
Randy

trdeal

I have been thinking about the vent,not sure yet what I am going to do but we will come up with something.Thanks for the advice and any other suggestions from anyone are welcome.

bobjoan

Thanks for all the responses and advice. We will proceed with the install after researching model options. Pictures will follow, if we are sucessful.
Thanks again.
Bob

flyfishing48

Brunomisty,
Where did you get the fireplace and what are the specs if you don't mind. DW just 2 days ago said she wishes we had a fireplace in our Sundance.
Maybe a dumb questio ...is it gas or electric?