Electrical power issues

I'm having some electrical issues with my 2004 Springdale (30 amp) camper. There seems to have been a power surge of some sort through my electrical system and something got too hot. No fuses blown and no breakers were triped. All appliances seem to work fine, but the inside lights will only burn off of 12V power, no 110 power to them. Radio will not work on 110 either. Any ideas on this or where I need to begin looking????

MC9

I accidentily? crossed my battery terminals for a nannosecond. A lot of stuff didn't work. Found the reverse polarity fuses were blown. whew! The radio didn't work. Pulled radio out and found fuse in back was blown. Replaced same now everything is fine. Hope this helps.

2010augusta

On most campers the light are just 12 volt and the radio is probably just a 12 volt unit. The only lights that are 110 in our Landmark are the track-light in the kitchen and the ceiling fan, the other 23 interior fixtures only operate on 12 volts.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I say trade that SOB in on a nice Heartland unit and the problem is fixed.

buckeyebob

thanks ray ,i have wondered what that meant for over a year or so !!!!!!!!!!!!and by the way my last keystone fit the original thought!!!!!

Duramax1

My friend crossed his battery terminals as MC9 above did and only for a nanosecond that resulted in a big spark. He did not realize that he had a problem for a number of days as he was staying in full hookup sites. Eventually he discovered that his battery was dying as the convertor was not charging the battery and, also, the radio would not work.

The solution was to replace a blown fuse in the convertor and a blown fuse in the radio.

lhetsler

Battery

I crossed the cable once and it reversed the polarity on my battery. My father is a mechanic and he explained it to me. I had to replace the battery.