Prospective buyer checking in...

F

Froggi

Great forum! I'm currently in evaluation mode, checking out various toy haulers in preparation for going full-time by August (house closes 7/17). Since I'm a widow, I get to try to figure out all this technical stuff and make a good decision (or at least the best I can). This will be my last rig....fixed income dictates that.​

So far I have been very impressed with what I have read about the Heartland Cyclone. It's so nice to see someone realize that you DON'T put the TV where the slide will cover it. Jeesh! :rolleyes:

Wondering if anyone has the specs on the insulation levels for the Cyclone? That would be a big help....if they aren't real low, then I think I may have found my rig.

Midastouch

Hi Froggi Donna!

Just wanted to welcome you and also let you know I checked out your blog and enjoyed the reading! I'll look forward to keeping up with your adventures and will be using them for future reference. Although I am not "fulltiming" on the road or retired yet ... I have sold my home and plan on practicing for when that time comes!

I wish you all the best and will probably give you a HOLLER for some much needed advice and wisdom ;)

F

Froggi

Thanks for the welcome, Lynne. I full-timed for two years with hubby but in a Class A motorhome, plus he did all the outside & mechanical/technical stuff. Now I get to learn....

I don't know now far you went back in my BLOG but I have flip-flopped several times between the motorhome (and gas or diesel in those) and toy hauler route. Time is getting close with the house closing in two weeks & posession in three. GULP!

I have found a really NICE Cyclone with every added option there is (even some I don't want), for a good price. Talking with the dealer now...

Feel free to shout anytime....if I don't know the answer (which is probably), I am known as the Google Queen to my friends. LOL!

jpmorgan37

Hey Froggie;
I love the Google Queen handle. Have you ever tried IXQuick.com? I find it a little better and it searches Google too. Enough of that. Anyway, welcome to the Forum and (hopefully) as a new Cylclone owner. If you need help, there are enough of us around who are more than willing to answer your questions and provide assistance where ever and when ever you need it.

John

F

Froggi

I'll have to check that out....I can find most anything with Google and love the image & shopping links, too. :)

I just got the answer back on the insulation factor for the Cyclone and am REALLY excited now....think I may have to take a run to Knoxville tomorrow or Monday to look at one in person.

Midastouch

Froggie ... I have a tentative plan on being there the week of Labor Day ... have been in the process of finalizing my order for the Grand Canyon with RV's for Less. Say hello to Butch and Karen .... haven't met them yet but they're the kind of people you feel like you've known for years after phone calls and emails! I'm looking forward to the trip ... how far are you from Knoxville?

F

Froggi

Right now I'm about 120 miles from Knoxville....but if all goes according to plan, I will be in New England after Labor Day. Since I rode 42 states last year (solo) and am lacking ONLY the 6 New England states....guess you get the picture. Plus I have a LOT of friends and still a few relatives up there.

From there planning to go to the Fall Escapade in Van Wert, OH (no, you don't have to be an Escapee to attend these, they are open events). Also, you don't have to be a full-timer to belong to the Escapees either. ;) http://www.escapees.com/fall/index.asp

From there my plans are in jello except that I hope to find a workamping position in the SW for the winter.

BTW, feel free to email me directly at froggi.donna AT gmail.com