bedroom ac noisy ?

kubo

just would like to take a quick survey, all of you augusta owners who have the ac in the bedroom, is it very noisy? the one unit i was in sounded like a train coming in thru the bedroom.. no way I could sleep with that noise. any comments would be greatly apreciated, and welcomed thanks kubo :)

2010augusta

Our is not too loud, We had too have it run all day (while we slept(we were working the night shift)) to survive the 105 degree days in TX this summer. We even let the fan run all the time. I also installed an extra vent to blow towards the bed.

Attachments

• DSCN4476 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4476 (Small).JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 10

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have the Dometic Penquin. It is a low profile unit. Yes compared to a lot of things, it is loud.

However there is a silver lining.. If you turn it on, even just the fan, at night when you go to bed and your use to it... The barking dog, train, airplane, diesel engine, and such will not bother you at night.. It is called White Noise. I like it and could not sleep with out it.. Also if your electric goes off at night you will know it as soon as it goes off..

So we like the sound...

BC

stevebotts

We also have a Penguin. We can't sleep without it now. Even in winter we run the fan only. Love the noise and how it blocks all the outside noise.