How Do You Like the Double Sink?

sprehoda

I have a single sink in our house and like to do the dishes in it because there is room for the frying pans.

Have you ever wished you had a single sink instead of the double that comes standard with Heartlands?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
No.. I like the double sink. I wish that both sides were as large as the larger side. At our old S&B we had a stainless steel double sink. I use the narrow side for a rinse basin. We don't have a lot of dirty dishes. We clean as we use when cooking or what ever..

BC

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Love the double, as said above it is handy.
Our also has the sink covers, makes for additional counter space when not using the sink.

2010augusta

I like the double sink. one side is soapy the other is rinse water. I can get our 12" frying pan in either side, so the size is very nice. it is almost as deep as the sink in my last house.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would not want a single basin in the kitchen. In our S&B, we had the largest stainless steel double basin we could find installed when we built the place. In the 3670, one side is wash (with a plastic tub), the other is open rinse and the drain board goes on the counter next to it. Now if I could only figure out how to install a garbage disposal in it...

2010augusta

Now if I could only figure out how to install a garbage disposal in it...

John, A garbage disposal would install just like in any S&B, BUT it could cause some really foul odors in the holding tanks from the volume of food waste rotting. In my folks class A they have a dishwasher and have to be very careful about how much food stuff is left on the plates before going in the washer to avoid a stinky gray tank.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, A garbage disposal would install just like in any S&B, BUT it could cause some really foul odors in the holding tanks from the volume of food waste rotting. In my folks class A they have a dishwasher and have to be very careful about how much food stuff is left on the plates before going in the washer to avoid a stinky gray tank.

Scratch that idea :eek:. I'll stick to wiping the plates into the garbage can before washing.

babycampers

double vs. single sink

We have a 2010 North Country and there is so much counter space around the sink I don't know why Heartland didn't install standard size sinks! I have a double and it is deep so I get most anything in it, but agree a deep single basin would probably work even better. Our last trailer had the sink replaced with a standard size double basin plus single handle faucet and sprayer unit so I had most of my home amenities while camping. Next spring I will probably change mine out to a standard sink and faucet set again.

Mariposa

dishes?

"No dishwasher, No RV'ing". use Paper plates and bowls. Easy to clean the table when dinner is done. no dishes to wash. Now we can go RV'ing
Bob

2010augusta

"No dishwasher, No RV'ing". use Paper plates and bowls. Easy to clean the table when dinner is done. no dishes to wash. Now we can go RV'ing
Bob

It is a little hard to stir-fry the orange chicken I made tonight on a paper plate, it caught fire a couple times;). I think I'll stick to washing our dishes.

imchud

It is a little hard to stir-fry the orange chicken I made tonight on a paper plate, it caught fire a couple times;). I think I'll stick to washing our dishes.

Wow.... I don't care what size sink we have, My D/W won't let me mess in "HER" kitchen anyway. She says everytime I do the dishes then put them away, i'm always sticking them in the wrong place:rolleyes:... Now, if only i could get her to think that way when we are at our home base:D..

Tommy