Well, I must be doing something right.

2010augusta

As many people comment on how inacurate the tank moniter gauges are, I have been very lucky to keep the system in our Landmark working quite well. After nearly one year of full time use our levels still show empty when empty and full when full.

DSCN8428.JPG

The rutine I follow when we setup is to make sure the the ODS is a little bit lower the the DS. The two gray tanks stay open all the time except when dumping the black tank. The black tank gets one of the orange drop-in packets and only gets dumped every 8-10 days (when it starts to burp). We flush with lots of water every time. When dumping the black tank, I follow a simple routine:
1. open the valve and turn on the flush system ( yes I start the flush as soon as I open the valve).
2. let the tank drain for about 9-10 minutes and let the flusher keep spraying.
3. after the 9-10 minutes I close the valve and let the flush system refill the tank for 5-6 minutes. (I set the timer on the microwave so I don't forget about the time)
4. open the valve and let the tank drain and let the flusher system keep flush for another 6-7 minutes.
5. close the valve, count to 15, turn off the flush system, go inside and add a drop-in to the tank.

After these steps the gauge will read empty 90% of the time and 1/3 the rest. We are using Charmin "basic" toilet paper, not any of the expensive RV stuff. I just tought I would share a success story of sorts, so other that are having issues might be able to get their moniters working better.

Two Hands

We maintain our black and grey tanks in the same manner as a result of the tips we learned from this forum. The point I would add is the use of the clear elbow. When I see clear water coming out of the black tank I know the flushing has been successful.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Does what one eats and drinks have anything to do with keeping sensors working correctly?

Northern Virginia
I have about the same routine except when there is a line at the campground dump station. Then I try to keep the flushing to about 5 minutes. I do, however, flush the tanks thoroughly when we get home (I am able to dump into our sewer clean-out). Our gauges also still read accurate after a year of part time use.

One of my few complaints about out Landmark is the layout of the tank drain lines. It takes a loooooooooooong time to dump the three tanks. We often go camping with my dad whom has a class A motor home. It only tanks him about three minutes to dump all his tanks. It takes me at least 20. All three of my tanks will dump about 2/3 in a few minutes but take forever to dump the remaining 1/3. I wish there were more slope to the drain lines and tanks.