What is best to roast marshmallows?

babycampers

We have always used the hot dog forks to roast marshmallows, but you know the rod gets too hot and melts the 'mallow too quickly. A friend said it is better to use a wittled "green" tree branch but that is rarely an option except at home. Has anyone seen an invention for this purpose?

lhetsler

Toasting

You can use wood dowel rod, cheap and this will not heat up like metal. It is the next best thing to a green branch. Can get at Lowes or Home depot.

porthole

Retired
I picked up a pack (4 in the pack) of "marshmallow roasting sticks" at one of the campsites we were at.

About 3' long and was only a buck. And already whittled to a point.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
I find that a fork design is best with 2 spears vs. 1 spear . This allows you to rotate the Marshmallow complete around ,slow and easy !! I always warm the fork first so Marshmallow slides on fork with no drag. The best smore!! Slide 2 "Jet-Puffed"Marshmallows on fork leave gap between use a Reese's Peanut Butter cup Marshmallow top and bottom add graham squares !! Where to buy fork ? Dollar store buy a fly swatter and remove end !! or www.marshmallowforks.com

Last edited by a moderator:

2010augusta

I saw a good idea while watchin FRD?? the farm and ranch TV channel on DTV. it was a Texas ranch cooking show and they had about 24"-36" long stainlessteel wires on a wooden handle. The wires were about 1" apart and to use the roaster, you would pinch the two wires together, so only one hole was made in the marshmallow, and as it cooked the wires would spread apart, so when the wires were straight again the marshmallow was soft enough to make a perfect S'more.

rick_debbie_gallant

I find that a fork design is best with 2 spears vs. 1 spear . This allows you to rotate the Marshmallow complete around ,slow and easy !! I always warm the fork first so Marshmallow slides on fork with no drag. The best smore!! Slide 2 "Jet-Puffed"Marshmallows on fork leave gap between use a Reese's Peanut Butter cup Marshmallow top and bottom add graham squares !! Where to buy fork ? Dollar store buy a fly swatter and remove end !! or www.marshmallowforks.com

Tried your website. Dont work dagnabit:( So I tries www.marshmallowforks.com and it worked. Wow could I put a hurt on a 5er buck with that website.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: