Good First Year

Warnerelli

Semper Fi
Took possession of our 2008 3912 last October while living in Illinois. Used it only twice before putting it in storage. Since that time we have relocated to the Duluth, MN and had a full year of use with the Cyclone. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute in it. Mostly camped in the regional area here in the Northland, i.e., Spirit Mountain in Duluth, the Bayfield area in Washburn, WI, Two Harbors, MN. I am very satisfied with our experiences with only minimal problems since taking possession of the Cyclone. First, in 2008 just after bringing the Cyclone Home after purchasing it from Walnut Ridge Family RV I discovered the generator would not start.:mad: This was due to bad gas and was remedied by a local shop in Illinois and covered by Walnut Ridge as the dealership was over 150 miles away. ;) Secondly, the rear gray storage tank valve would not close and allowed gray water to flow freely.:confused: I took the Cyclone back to Walnut Ridge and then had to return with it a second time before the correct repairs were made. They discovered a foreign object lodged in the valve and explained to me that it was an item that had gotten into the tank somehow during manufacturing and worked its way into the valve mechanism. What they could not explain was how they did not discover this on the first visit.:rolleyes: The third flaw was discovering the shower leaked. This was repaired by me after determining that water from the shower head leaked through the faucet area. After taking it apart I discovered no gaskets or other means of sealing this area from the water. :( I made the gasket, used some silicone and the fix seems to have worked.:p Our last trip of the year was to Fayetteville, AR where we attended the Bikes, Blues and BBQ Festival. We came home to MN in time to winterize and cover the Cyclone the day before we had our first snow. She now sits waiting our next year ventures. I already like what I see in the 2010's and may be looking to trade for a 2010 or 2011 next year.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim & Wendy, Good to hear your first year went well. It sounds as if a couple of your problems have been minor and easily resolved. Enjoy MN! It's a great part of the country. We have friends in Tower and Stillwater and a few around the "Cities". Travel Safe!