Lost Voltage to light over desk

rjr6150

We have a 09 3400RL and last time out lost power to the the light over the desk. To date have checked the following
1.Bulb ok checked with ohm meter
2.switch ok also checked with ohm meter
3.no power at switch and no power at the splice upstream from switch.
4. checked to power underneath slide where the wires go into the frame with no power. All other 12 volt appliances work.
5. checked for loose grounds at back of power strip where fuses are.

I'm not seeing the white with red stripe coming into the fuse panel though. Is there some splice between the light and fuse box.
Thanks
Randy

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Randy,
Good luck in your search, I have the same problem only it affects my light for the stove area as well as the desk, all grounds have been checked both under the slide where the wires are run as well as where the fuse panel has some ground connections, check there, I found several loose wires fixed them but still did not find the culprit :mad: !
Good luck,
Mike

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Most units have a metal junction box under the slide where the wires are connected. I would start checking there. Be sure to disconnect power.

rjr6150

Thanks Jim mine also has this box but its for the 110V side of things. The 12V is inside the wire loom and goes directly into the frame and underbelly. Just hoping the factory may have some ideas.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Be sure to disconnect the 12 volt prior to pulling the wires out as if one (hot wire) is loose it could touch the frame shorting it out.

rjr6150

Thanks again to everyone. Pulled six of the bolts holding the bottom up and pulled away the insulation this morning. The blue wire had broken off at the wire nut. Replaced the nut after stripping both ends of the wire off and now I have the desk light again.:)

rjr6150

Good Mornin' Randy;

Thank goodness you're in the light again. Leaving next week for the Arizona sunshine.[/quote

Thanks guys now I jealous with you leaving for the sunshine. Kathy has informed me were heading that way in 2010.

Will need to work for one more year as oldest daughter just informed us we will be having a wedding next August.