Slide stops when closing

Gary Steeves

When I run the slides in, the bedroom slide comes in fine, but the living room slides stop. I wait for just a second or two, try again and they come in some more, but stop again. I keep working the slide toggle switch and finally they come all the way in. Does anyone have any suggestions as what is happening - and how to fix ??? Thanks for your help ! You guys always come up with the solutions !!!!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Had the same problem with mine a couple years ago.My landing gear did the same thing.Had to have a bigger amp circuit breaker installed. Problem solved.

Gary Steeves

Thanks Terry.

I check into that. Are the larger breakers available from most RV dealers with a good parts inventory ?

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
My dealer did the job for me.I assume that the breakers are easily available because the dealer only had my unit a few days.I might be wrong,because it has been a couple years,but I think they installed 80 amp breakers. Like I said it has been a couple years and don't really remember.

Bobby A

Its an auto reset breaker going bad, its under one of the red covers in the battery area. I think I seen Leppert has a fix on there web site or what some dealers are doing is wiring a 2nd 50 amp breaker in series with the original one.

jnbhobe

Does the pump stop running???? If it does wire in a second breaker. If it doesn't check for a leak or air in the line. Jon :confused: :confused: :confused:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can find the 50 amp breaker at any NAPA or Auto Zone, or other type of auto parts store.

lhetsler

Circuit Breaker

Lipperts fix is to replace the 50 amp with an 80 amp. That is what the dealer did on mine

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=11545

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gary, make sure you have fully charged battery. Mine was doing that. I checked the battery and it was bad. You need a good 12V+ for the slides or landing gear to work. Remember that a low battery will cause a higher amp load on these componets. Bob:D

Gary Steeves

Thanks to all of you for your help - just like the folks on this Forum !!

I am going to replace the battery tomorrow AND the breaker. That should hold me for awhile :)

Gary