Water in the underbelly

towmater

Hello All,
We have a 08 2998RB and there is water coming out of the underbelly. I have it at the dealer now and they say that a coupler for the black tank vent is the source of the leak. I don't understand because the water looked and smelled fresh. Can anybody help? I would like to do this myself because the dealer wants $500.00.

kkamshop

We experienced water in our underbelly and after much testing and checking of the entire plumbing system, we (and the service dept) decided the water was coming in the area of the wheels when we drove on wet roads in the rain.

Have you driven in rainy weather?

Our fix was to replace the insulation and underbelly and seal the edges of the corrugated plastic with spray foam to seal it. So far we have not driven in wet weather to put it to the real test.

kkamshop

May be a different problem then - we camped this past weekend but it didn't rain while we drove so we still have to prove the repair.

B. Lee

Firecapt422
We had problems with the fresh water tank vents which caused water to be discahrged into the undr belly and they also found a line connection that was cross threaded, But the fix was simple for the shop and the unit was less that a year old. Good luck

lwmcguir

We had water coming out of a tear near the rear axle on the driver side. Not sure where it was coming from. Not the rain as it was sitting for two weeks before it started dripping.

towmater

Talked to the dealer again. They said that the crack in the coupler is so small that it has been leaking fo a long time. they have drained about 8 gal. of water out. That little crack is the only thing wrong. So called Hartland today and they said that I am SOL because they only cover ofr the first year. Yes that includes any thing wrong from the before we bought it. So we are not very happy. Thanks for all of the help.