Changing to all LED's

hddcyclone

I was thinking about changing all my clearance lights over to LED and also adding another stop/tail/turn strip light right above the factory one. Has anyone ever done this? If you have, who's lights did you use? I'm thinking about using some from United Pacific or Maxxima, had good luck with both on bigrigs. These, http://www.unitedpacificind.com/view.asp?id=NTE2, look like they would work and look cool for the marker lights.

jnbhobe

I used NAPA ( trucklite ) to do mine on the Bighorn. About $8.50 ea. Also added side turn lights and changed out the rear tail and turn lights.You may have to ream out the hole for the wire in order to use the original mounting holes. JON :cool: :cool: :cool:

hddcyclone

Thanks, do either of you have any pics of the upgrades? I'm sure it lights up alot better and night and during the day as well.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I wouldn't normally go outside when it's this cold, but just for you, this is the best I could do on short notice.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 85

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
here is mine. The lights came from superbrightleds.com

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=11999&highlight=insulation&page=2

truknutt

Committed Member
I was thinking about changing all my clearance lights over to LED and also adding another stop/tail/turn strip light right above the factory one. Has anyone ever done this? If you have, who's lights did you use? I'm thinking about using some from United Pacific or Maxxima, had good luck with both on bigrigs. These, http://www.unitedpacificind.com/view.asp?id=NTE2, look like they would work and look cool for the marker lights.

I haven't converted the markers yet but I did add another set of taillights to our Cyclone. I went through my dealer and got a pair from the factory so they match. I'll get a photo if you wish.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bought mine from the same a place as Cookie. I also added the long thin marker lamp from under the tailgate from a 1tn chevy over the license plate. I did add 3 extra side marker lamps to the sides and the mid-ship marker/turn lamp.

Make sure that you have some small needle nose plyers as some of the factory wiring is REALLY SHORT coming out of the body. Dont ask how I know. Bob:D