Sundance 3300RLB

HookMeUp

We looked at a Sundance 3300RLB over the weekend, really nice layout and the finish was execllent. We were however diapponited with the headroom heigh in the front bedroom. Also the shower in the bathroom seemed a little low also. How do cuurent owners like theirs?

jimtoo

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share and help when needed.

I did move your thread to the Sundance area, where you will get replies from other Sundance owners.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
When you go with a mid-profile like the Sundance, one of the things you lose is the headroom in the upper part of the bedroom. I'm 6' even and have gotten used to it. I don't have any problems with the shower in ours. There may be floorplan differences that cause the 3300 shower to have less headroom.

laffman

We absolutely love our 3300RLB. Like boat to 5er said, the Sundance is a mid-profile so the front room will be a little short. The Big Horn, Big Country and Landmark are high profile rigs, so they have more headroom in the front. Never had a problem using the shower. I'm 5'8".

The kids just love the back room. And we had guests stay with us a few times this summer and the back room worked out perfect. We keep our's on a seasonal campsite year round, so we used it a lot this year.

I wanted something that I could have for a lot of years and not have a wasted bunkroom when the kids stop coming. The 3300RLB fit the bill perfect. The back room doubled as a den this year when the kids didn't come.

You won't be disappointed.

HookMeUp

That is our intention that when the kid is all grown and out of the house that it will be our den/craft room (me/wife). And the loft above would become storage. I really didn't stand in the shower so I don't know for sure if it is short or not, just looked that way. Have you had any problems? Likes dislikes?

MurrayN.

We got our 3300RLB last winter and have absolutely loved it. It is a well designed trailer with some upgrades over its competition. We thought that we would miss the rear pass-through storage of our old SOB 5ver, but found that this unit has more than enough storage for everything you need. We even had some empty cabinets with not enough stuff to fill them with.:confused: The one place service center is awesome, definitely makes doing sewer / hookups easier. Trailer is very comfortable to spend a couple of weeks in at a time, and tows very nicely. Being about 2000 lbs heavier and 6' longer than my old trailer I was concerned when buying this unit, but pulling it was no stress at all. Pulls easy, no chucking in the truck, and I have not had major problems maneuvering around campgrounds / fuel stations. All in all I would highly recommend this model.:)

thomasinnv

we fulltime in ours and we love it. i am 6'2" and i have no problem in the shower. the only complaint i have about the front bedroom height is ... couldn't they have moved the carbon monoxide detector over just 6 inches?? i have skinned the top of my head on it a few times. i don't hit the ceiling, but i have rammed my head into that stinkin' co detector several times. i would just move it over if it wasn't for the holes that would be left there.

laffman

The only problem I had with the unit is the shower leaking under the glass. I had to re-chalk it. But this is a common issue with all Heartlands. It's talked about alot on this forum. I talked with a rep at a recent RV show and he stated is was a vendor issue and that it was being dealt with. I guess they're going to a different shower tray that has a lip to prevent water from getting under the glass.

Of the 5 RVs I've owned, this is the only one that I can say I do not have any dislikes. I think that speaks volumes for the quality of the unit.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We looked at a Sundance 3300RLB over the weekend, really nice layout and the finish was execllent. We were however diapponited with the headroom heigh in the front bedroom. Also the shower in the bathroom seemed a little low also. How do cuurent owners like theirs?
Depends on how tall you are? I'm 6'-3" and all works out ok for me but i do have to duck slightly with shoes on.. The the shower measures 6'-4" so no problem there. The issue i have is main door height of 5'-10 1/2" :rolleyes:.