NC Chapter of Heartland Owners Rally Info Coming Soon

timdebs

Good morning everyone, just wanted to update you on the NC Chapter of Heartland Owners. WE are growing currently have 14 families that would like to become members. We are planning a NC Rally in either September or October 2010. There are already 2 rallies planned for the spring; The SC Chapter Rally located at Willow Tree Campground in Longs, SC and the Eastern Rally located at Camp Hatteras in Rodanthe, NC. All Heartland Owners are invited to attend, does not matter which Chapter you belong to. I am planning on holding a NC Chapter meeting at both rallies. For those that have never been to a rally, TRY IT! They are full of fun, relaxation, tips, and best of all the new friends you will meet! If you need more information about the NC Chapter or the upcoming rallies you can either pm me or send me an email at timfod@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from YOU! Tim

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
this is one that we would like to visit. it is not very big, but it is right on the water. i'm sure there are many others.

Click here: Welcome to Lake Norman Motor Coach Resort
Not trying to take away from this cg in any way,but we have visited Lake Norman RV Resort and have talked about camping there.It is a very nice cg.but,it would be very tight to get into.It is really designed for motorhomes.Now a 5er could get in but as I said it is very tight.Not alot of room for a truck and camper combo to manuver.In my opinion it could be a little challenging for some that have less experience in backing.We have stayed at Cross Country CG,which is just down the road on the same highway.It is a large cg.Mostly permanent sites,but there is a large area with about 25-30 sites that are left open for overnight or longer stays.These sites are very easy to get into.Mostly pull through.They allow campfires.Pool,tennis courts.Not far from I-77,shopping in Mooresville,NC,30 min. and about 1 hour from Charlotte,about 30 minutes from Hickory,and about an hour from my house.The leaves are beautiful here right now.If you want to go out for a meal there are some fast food and some sit down resturants,seafood,steak that are very good,within about 5 min. of the cg.I also know where there is a great bbq place in Mooresville.IMHO one more thing it is a Good Sam Park an I have not been paid for this endorsement.

Jim & Harriet

cg options

thanks for the info on the "resort" campground. hard to tell from photos/brochures just how easy it is to get around. Cross Country sounds like a good option. are they right on the lake also? is there dog-walking space? any chance they have cable and wifi :)

timdebs

Thanks Terry I will call them today and see if they allow rallies. I too like the idea of having a mountain rally or would it be a rally in the mountains?

timdebs

I talked with Cross Country Campground and do allow rallies. The rate would be $27 a night, BUT can not make reservations until January 1. They have full hookups with 50 amp. and like trdeal said most of the sites are pull throughs. Looking at the weekend of Oct 8, 9, 10, and 11th. The 11th is Columbus Day so we would have a 3 day weekend. OPINIONS or SUGGESTIONS???

Jim & Harriet

rally

in the fall a "mountain rally" would be perfect! the Columbus Day dates would work for us.
fyi there are also two KOA campgrounds near Ashville - just if you want to look at other options. we have not been to either - but they do look nice online ... ;) and we have been looking for an excuse to get to that area for the Biltmore and to the revisit the zoo. sorry to add to your "rally planning."

thanks for doing the work.

trdeal

Thanks Terry I will call them today and see if they allow rallies. I too like the idea of having a mountain rally or would it be a rally in the mountains?
I wouldn't really consider it in the mountains.I would call it the foothills.To me the Ashville,Boone,Wilkesboro area would be mountains.We like to stay at Bandits Roost Cg,in wilkesboro,NC.I would consider that in the mountains.It is on the lake above Kerr Scott Dam.The only thing is they do not have full hook-up.Water and power only.50 amp service,wifi available in the office area.Lake access for boating.We really enjoy the cg,alot.I don't know if they would allow a rally but the number at the office is 336-921-3190. Again just a suggestion.

trdeal

thanks for the info on the "resort" campground. hard to tell from photos/brochures just how easy it is to get around. Cross Country sounds like a good option. are they right on the lake also? is there dog-walking space? any chance they have cable and wifi :)
They are not located on the lake,not sure about the cable or wifi.But we have stayed there several times and like it.

timdebs

Called Bandits, reservations can only be made 6 months in advance through reserve america. I think we need to be able to plan a little further ahead.

trdeal

Called Bandits, reservations can only be made 6 months in advance through reserve america. I think we need to be able to plan a little further ahead.
I didn"t think about that.I know from experience it is hard to get a site because they only have a certain number of reservable sites.The rest they keep open for walk ups.

Jim & Harriet

just wondered - will this be a combined NC and VA rally? i thought that the VA folks were thinking about a autumn rally too? we will soon run out of "pto" vacation days trying to get to all the events!

timdebs

Any Heartland owner is welcome to any Heartland Rally. Gus, Larry, sounds like to me we might need a combine fall rally? You guys are on the hook now, I am all for it. What do you think? This day and time MHO is we need to conserve where we can not to mention I do like camping with ya'll.

davebennington

Hey Guys,

What about combining North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia fall rallies into one rally (NC being the host, helped by SC and VA Chapter Leaders) to be held somewhere in North Carolina foot hills/mountains.
This would solve the time off problem for a lot of folks.
In the past South Carolina has held their rally in October at Willow Tree.

Now that South Carolina is having a spring rally that is being backed up by the East Coast Rally, followed by the New Jersey and Pennsylvania rallies people may become rallied out in the spring.

Just a suggestion.

Dave

timdebs

Gus, Larry, sounds like to me we might need a combine fall rally? You guys are on the hook now, I am all for it. What do you think? This day and time MHO is we need to conserve where we can not to mention I do like camping with ya'll.

I think it is a great idea!

Doxylady

Campground suggestions

I have visted the Lake Norman campground and it is not very big and IMHO doesn't have much "personality" It is basically a "parking lot" on the lake. Anyway there is one that I haven't visited but sounds good on paper called Four Paws Kingdom which is near Lake Lure and it is dog oriented. I know a lot of people camp with dogs and it might be fun to have a weekend with our fur kids!!