Satellite cable & Pex Water Fittings

timdebs

I am trying to clean up the wires in the basement on my Landmark. I have 4 satellite cable hookups, I only use 1 for my satellite dish. Where do the other 3 cables go and can I disconnect them and roll up cable?

2010augusta

for the 4 Sat leads, 1 is the enterainment system feed, 1 is bedroom feed, the last two are the feeds from the roof prep.

timdebs

My satellite cable goes to entertainment system receiver and then to bedroom and basement. So I can take the other 3 cables out with no effect on what I have now, right? Also, on the water lines (your opinion) I am trying to clean that up, would you go back with pex and use either the copper crimp ring, stainless steel pex clamps, or would you switch most everything to cpvc?

lwmcguir

With Pex you only have to worry about freezing at the fittings and fixtures. Best product made for water that is out there. The Shark Bite fittings are great and very handy where you cant get your crimper in position.

2010augusta

On the Sat- If it is working to your likeing now, then removing and coiling up unused cable will have no effect.

For the water system. KEEP THE PEX!!!. Pex takes some time to learn to work with, but once you have a good working knowledge of PEX it is veryt easy to work with and it is flexable and will not crack with the vibration as you go down the road. I use the stainless steel crimp ring and a large pair of end cutters to crimp them. I have not use shark-bite fittings, but I have used the plastic quick connects from WATTS (Lowes carries these, not sure about H.D.) and they work very well and can be taken apart easily.

timdebs

Thanks for all the advice/opinions, I will stick with the pex but still clean up, way too many joints joining pieces of piping trying to make it long enough.

2010augusta

Don't know if it would make it look cleaner or not but you might try to add a manifold to have individual shut offs.
media.nl

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The classic Landmark (our) came with hot water and cold water manifolds. Handy to cut off water to an individual area.

jimtoo

Hey guys... I renamed the thread to include the Pex fittings and information. Some good info here.

Jim M

jimtoo

I added some tags to the thread,, which helps in the search also... And I just may need to build a manifold for my unit...Always something to spend money on.... after all ,,,, it's only money..:D

Jim M

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
When we were at the rally in Hatteras Ron Dickerson fro Heartland told us that the manifold was one of the things Heartland chose to drop in order to stay competive.He walked into our "Classic Landmark"and said that he wished Heartland could have continued making them as they were back then, but because of the market they had to change.

timdebs

What does the manifold look like in the LM Classic? Is it located in the basement also? Got a picture or does it something like the Watts mainfold?

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
What does the manifold look like in the LM Classic? Is it located in the basement also? Got a picture or does it something like the Watts mainfold?
Our udc is located on the outside of the unit behind a door.There are 2 manifolds,one on each side of the compartment,also the cable,phone and other connections are in this compartment.A switch for the water pump,off door side light,110 connection,city water hook up and fresh water tank fill tube are all behind this door.We also have a quick connect for a coiled water hose and a compartment for this hose. I like the location of our udc because it is on the outside of the unit.