Wiring Harness Strap on 2007 Sundance

chula

I have a 2007 Sundance 5th Wheel and have had problem with the Plastic straps that go from the frame to the outside if the slide outs on each side breaking. This is especially true for the right side forward motion.
These straps are to keep the wiring harness from rubbing on the tires.

Any suggestionsT--Thanks

jbeletti

The straps are called Flex Guards and they are supplied by Lippert. Consider contacting either Heartland or Lippert customer service departments to discuss this. My guess is the mounting point at the frame is wrong, putting too much stress on the flex guard when it is in the closed position. Phone numbers are on the left of the Portal at www.heartlandowners.org

Jim

jimtoo

Hi chula,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information, and all willing to help and share.

I did move your thread to the Sundance area, where you will get replies from not only Sundance owners, but others as well.

The wire loom supports have been known to break, and a lot of folks just add a 3 or 4" hinge to the end that breaks. Screw hinge to frame and bolts to the remaining plastic belt that has the loom attached to it. It usually has been breaking at the outer area where it needs to flex more.

Now to take my own advise and repair procedure, cause I have one that broke on mine last time out, got it pieced together with tie straps for now. Glad you made the post, it reminded me about it.

Enjoy the forum and go camping.:D

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've used the "hinge" fix on both slide outs. The first time on the main slide has lasted for 3 years so far. Very simple fix. I found it best to attach the hinge to the strap first then find the best place on the frame and re-use the self drill screws from the broken piece. I think the initial install may tighten the screws to tight and stress the plastic strap causing pre-mature breakage.