A/c Compressor runs, no fan.

moose53

Not sure where to post this but. This evening we left the A/C set at 75 degrees when we went out. When we returned as I opened the door I could hear the AC compressor running but not the fan. I switched the thermostat to off but the compressor still continued to run. I finally shut the breaker off and the compressor stopped. Awhile later I turned the breaker back on and a few minutes later the compressor started again. This is with the thermostat off. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Harvey

2010augusta

Some else posted that same problem a couple weeks/months ago but I cant find it anymore. I believe it is a bad control board. You'll need to let a service center take a look at your unit.

imchud

Control board in thermostat or AC unit itself.

Moose
I had the exact same problem with my 2009 B/H, the blower shut down but the compressor kept running, the only difference was when I cut the breaker off it kept running? It looks like it was hard wired. The Dealer replaced the board, but a few months later I also found out I had a bad capasotor, so you may want them to check out both items...

Tom

wdk450

Call Heartland

Thanks guys, now to find a dealer close to Destin, Florida.

Harvey

Heartland Service can direct you to the nearest dealer, or to an independent RV repair facility that you have had good luck with. The AC manufacturer's website may have dealer listings of authorized repair servicers. If you are under warranty Heartland will reemburse whoever who you choose to do the work, when it has been pre-authorized by them with a call from the servicer.

timdebs

I had same exact thing and Alan is correct the control board in the a/c was bad. Found a Dometic Certified Tech in our small town, went on web under dometic and found him. As soon as I told him what it was doing, took the camper to him and he said the control board was bad, he ordered one and took him all of 20 minutes to replace. Warranty took care of everything. No problem.

nemo45

I posted the same problem two days ago. I called Heartland customer service and they directed me to Dometic (one year warranty ran out June 10th) and they gave me the phone numbers of two shops that were authorized Dometic repair shops. Surprisingly, one of them no longer services Dometic A/C's. They should update their data base. There are no Heartland dealers near us (Madison, WI.) and we are full-timers so the repairman is coming to our unit. We will have to pay for the service call, but the A/C is under a 3 year warranty. The repairman can't get out here till Monday, though. I'm almost sure its the control board on the A/C because the fan for the furnace is not working either and that runs thru the A/C control board, too. I'll let you know the outcome after the repairman is here on Monday.